A Persian Romance - KaiSoo

Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



'Your grades are dropping, Jongin.'

'I know,' was all Kim Jongin could reply. It was all he'd been saying ever since the year started - what else could he honestly say? He wasn't one to make false promises, it would only give him too much to live up to. 

'Start looking for a tutor, or we'll have to fail you this year and take you off the dance team.' 

With that, the teacher dismissed the tanned teenager, signalling that their 'chat' was over. Said teen slung his bag over his shoulders and quietly walked down the corridors with a tired look in his eyes. 

It wasn't that he didn't care - he did, but he didn't feel like he could do something to make the situation better, either.

'Hey, Jongin!'

He looked up at Sehun, his close friend. 

'What did he say?'

'That I have to get a tutor or forget about it.'

Sehun held a finger up and shuffled through his phone. Soon, Jongin's phone buzzed with a message - it was a contact. 

'What...?'

'Do Kyungsoo, he's our senior by a year. He's really awesome!'

'So...?'

'Do you want to pass final year or not? It's only high school, but still.'

'...'

'Look, this hyung's really good at tutoring. I would know - how do you think I came in the top twenty this term? Trust me, he'll help you big time.'

'He'll just give up like the others,' Jongin lamented, making his friend rap his knuckle against his head. 

'Nope. He'll stick by and give it his all to make sure you do well. Trust me.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week passed with Jongin thinking about it, taking a step forward and behind. It was when he got his Physics results that he decided to call the well-praised senior, thus finally putting Sehun's daily 'Did you call him?' to rest. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was not what Jongin expected. He was expecting to meet a lanky, squint-eyed, bespectacled boy with prudish dressing sense, not a short, naturally big-eyed boy in a shirt three-sizes too-large and blue jeans. 

'I'm sorry for this, I had to change on short notice.'

Silence.

'Er... my friends... ruined my closet so... er... I had to wear my roommate's... anyway! I'm Do Kyungsoo!'

'... Kim Jongin...'

'Make yourself comfortable!'

So saying, the small male bustled about as Jongin sat stiffly on the beige couch. 

'What would you like to drink?'

'Nothing, I'm fine...'

Kyungsoo still brought him a glass of water and a plate of chocolate-chip cookies. 

 

'So! Let's start with getting to know each other a little! What're your hobbies?'

'... Dancing...'

'And...?'

Jongin shrugged. Kyungsoo smiled. 

'It's cool, dancing! I like to sing and cook! Okay, er... uh...'

Jongin did nothing to help the situation, his gaze mostly cast downward. Kyungsoo's smile faltered, not that he could see it. 

'What are the subjects you need help with...?'

Almost shy, Jongin showed the other his report card. Kyungsoo went through it slowly and nodded to himself. 

 

'When shall we start?'

'I... today?' Jongin mumbled almost inaudibly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four months had passed since Kyungsoo had started tutoring Jongin, and he had improved drastically. He soon came to be in the top twenty for History, English, Korean Literature, Mathematics and Physics. The day he got his marks, he was gobsmacked. The first thing he did after his last class ended was to head to Kyungsoo's dorm. 

'Is Kyungsoo-hyung here?'

'Hey, Jongin!' Kyungsoo's roommate, a tall male named Chanyeol, greeted. 'He just stepped out to buy some food, he'll be back soon.'

 

 

 

The moment Kyungsoo entered the apartment he shared with three of his friends, Jongin leapt up and pulled him to the couch, not even giving him enough time to put his bags away.

'Hey, Jongin! Is everything ok---'

Jongin his papers into Kyungsoo's lap. He studied the sheets carefully with a wide smile. 

'I... you did it...' Jongin slowly worded.

'No, Jongin. You did it. I only helped you realize that you can do it,' the elder shook his head, chuckling when the younger male hugged him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Wait, what's this? Hyung?'

'We just did that five minutes ago,' Kyungsoo chuckled fondly, ruffling the other's hair. 'You must be tired.'

'I'll leave after this page,' Jongin shook his head, stifling a yawn. 

'What you asked, it's called a 'Bouquet of Letters'. It's a collection of letters of Persian scholars or royals sent to each other.'

Jongin silently nodded, eyes fixed on the bold words in his History text. Kyungsoo stared at him and closed the book. 

'Hyung?'

'Let's wrap it up for today, okay?'

 

 

 

 

Instead of sleeping like he'd promised Kyungsoo, Jongin ended up trying to know more about the Persian asset online. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I want to show you something today, hyung.'

Kyungsoo looked up from the paper he was correcting and raised an eyebrow. 

'Jongin, you're supposed to be balancing equations.'

'But I want to show you something.'

'You can show it to me after we're done for today.'

Kyungsoo went back to correcting the paper, noticing that Jongin was pretty distracted. He sighed and held Jongin's wrist. 

'Okay, what is it?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'No! What if we fall?'

'I've done this before, hyung.'

Kyungsoo dubiously eyed the metal ladder, wringing his hands. Jongin climbed up the ladder and safely seated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter