Love Me Tender - HunHan

Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh Sehun was a tall, pale, poker-faced teenager with a sharp jawline and an envy-inducing . His classmates always felt intimidated by him, mostly when he danced or even walked through the corridors. It hurt him, to say the least, but he never voiced it. He always kept to himself as a result of which people barely ever spoke to him, and that's how things were for the first semester of University. Then Lu Han came along. 

 

Lu Han was a Chinese, a foreign-exchange student in SOPA and was studying Applied Music while Sehun was into Dancing. They first met when Sehun had entered the dance practice room, only to find the Chinese male making faces before the wall-lengthened mirror. The taller was about to clear his throat to make his presence known, only to find his throat choked when the other started singing. 

 

He recognized the song as Lee Seungchul's 'Last Concert' by the chorus. He took in a sharp intake, holding his breath at the length for which Lu Han held his note. When he blinked and noted how the other twisted his whole mouth to the right and dug his fingers into his ears, Sehun all but laughed. Surprised and broken out of his concentration, the Chinese male turned and guffawed. The sight of his whole chin disappearing in the act only served to spur Sehun on further. 

'Who are you?'

Sehun set his bags aside and bowed politely. 

'Oh Sehun, hyung,' he introduced himself, already knowing a little about the other - being an attractive foreign exchange student, Lu Han was the talk of the school. Since Sehun couldn't help but be curious himself, he often eavesdropped on his classmates whenever they spoke of him. 

'Lu Han,' the Chinese tipped his head with a smile. 

'That... must have... aargh, this is embarrassing,' he laughed, scratching the back of his nape. Sehun felt ensnared as the other looked up at him with beautifully-carved doe eyes that seemed to sparkle with bottled-up flickers of light. 

 

'Er... hello?' Lu Han waved his hands around to get Sehun's attention. 

'Sorry...'

'Anyway, I was asking if you're the solo dancer.'

'That's me.'

'Well, then. I guess we'll be seeing each other more often!' he laughed and clapped Sehun on the shoulder, giving it a small squeeze and returning to the room's corner to take his bags. 

'I'm leaving now,' he waved. 'Aah, before I forget! I need your number for the practices. I'm one of the five singers.'

Sehun nodded and punched his number into the other's phone with shaky thumbs, blinking as he watched the other's retreating back. 

 

That marked the first time he ever gave his number to anyone. 

 

 

 

 

Two years had passed since that day, and Sehun would always seek out Lu Han's ever-smiling face in the crowds at every chance he got. He also found himself skipping lectures not out of boredom, but out of wanting to meet his favourite senior. 

It was just one of those days where Lu Han had a free period and Sehun was cutting class to sit next to the other on the roof of the greenhouse, the freshly-watered flowers relaxing them. 

Lu Han shuffled around with his phone and played a recent pop song he'd downloaded. Sehun stared at the other's side profile and got up. 

'Sehun? What---'

But Lu Han felt his words dissipate when Sehun looked right into his eyes. He sat open-mouthed as Sehun re-enacted the dance video, but much better. 

 

That marked the first time Sehun ever danced for anyone. 

 

 

 

'Sehun? He's just a creep.'

'But a very handsome creep!'

'It's not fair~. I heard he beat someone up, did you know that?'

'I heard he got a tattoo on his waist.'

'Who told you that?'

'I heard it from Nari - her cousin said her friend from the other school had with him!'

'You're kidding!!'

'Really! He was drunk and literally left her immediately after they did it!'

'Please. I heard he joined some gang! You know, the one near the rundown hospital?'

'What? No!'

'Yes! I heard they tried to trick a girl recently, and that he was the one who lur---'

Lu Han slammed his books shut loudly, effectively silencing the gossiping girls. He gave them an uncharacteristically hard glare and left the library with a serious face.

 

 

'Hyung~ where are you?'

'I'll be there in a bit, Sehun.'

 

The moment Lu Han tapped the taller on the shoulder, Sehun gripped him by the biceps and checked him for injuries. 

'No wounds... are you okay? You sounded dull and off, hyung.'

'How can anyone talk bull about this innocent little boy?' the Chinese wondered, giving the taller a soft smile and tugging him by the wrist. 

'Let's go.'

 

They spent the rest of their evening in the bubble tea shop, both of them having ordered mango bubble tea for the day. Sehun was talking about how he dreamed as a child of owning a bubble tea kiosk for just a day, his eyes crinkled up into crescents as he laughed. Lu Han felt captivated by Sehun's smile, wishing the other would smile more.

 

The Chinese spent the rest of the day thinking about what Sehun had said, turning it over and over in his head. The next day, he went to the grocer's and made his purchases, calling Sehun and telling him to meet ehim at the University gates immediately. 

 

Lu Han dragged Sehun to his dorm, which was pretty close to the University, and the taller found himself standing i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter