New friends #4

Life has given me a choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You sure don't want me to accompany you? You know I could just ask ajushi to send you home." Haneul put on his shoes then look at Mingyu who was leaning at the front door. "It's fine, I need to go somewhere first, besides, I want to take some fresh air, thanks for helping me. I err.. I'll give this clothes after I wash it" Haneul waved at him awkwardly while walking to the lift. Later then the door open, he walked in and push the ground level button. But before the door close tightly,

"Wait!"

Mingyu stopped infront of him so suddenly and Haneul quickly hold the door. He took Haneul's bag and put some cash in the front pocket. "H-huh? What's the money for?" Mingyu zip it back and give him a tap of the shoulder. "It's freaking hot right now, take a taxi." "B-but I already have my own money?"  "Then... err get yourself some foods and don't just eat ramhyun." "Tsk, yes mom~Thanks again and hey please tell Hoshi I don't even want to play football so he can stop harass me about it." Mingyu smirked and nod slightly.

Haneul look up at the fancy apartment. "Is he the same bully that I saw at school?" He then get on the taxi and look at the building for the last time. Somehow, he felt like Mingyu lives the same as Jisoo. They both were.. lonely.

.

.

.

Haneul paid the taxi and stares at the building. He arrived at Gwangju after 30 minutes ride, the building that Kevin told him looks like a private hospital. He walked at the receptionist as a nurse greet him. "Hello, Dr. Kevin told me that he came here with my grandfather few days ago? Can I visit him?" "Okay, can I have your name please?" "Oh right, my name is Kim Haneul." While the nurse type something on the computer, Haneul look around the lobby. Few patients were walking around. The place are right beside the beach and with city far away, pretty sure this is a very healing place. "Your grandfather is Kim Sung Il right, Dr. Kevin did told us. Mr. Kim is at room 1, let me bring you there sir." Haneul bow slightly at the nurse. He look around as they walk and he glance at the board for a moments. The pictures of the staff are all there. "Hmm, I think I know that name before..." 

“This way sir.” Haneul enter the room. It was two times bigger than the ward at Seoul hospital. “Ah, can you tell Kevin-hyung that I’m here? I can’t reach him since this morning..” “Oh, Doctor Kevin currently at Japan. He has a seminar there. Hmm I think he will be back next week.” The nurse smile at him. “Then, it’s okay..” The nurse bow slightly and leave the room. Haneul sit next to the old man. “When are you going to wake up Sir...”

Since Haneul live alone and no one seems to visit this person, does that mean Haneul is his only family? But this grandfather seems to have another house according to this bills. Maybe I could visit later...

Haneul put his bag at the sofa and walk at the huge window. He stare at the beach view. How many days since he arrived in this world. Did mother notice his disappearance? Are the girls fine without him. “Am I really dead..” 

 

“Boy, wake up. Haneul-ah” Haneul open his eyes slowly and sit straight. A doctor and a nurse just wake him. He bow slightly to them. “Sorry to wake you, we just want to inform it is time for Mr. Kim checkup.” The doctor smile at him. Haneul look outside, seems like he sleep for few hours that it’s already dark out there. He follow the doctor to the old man’s bed. “Is he-I mean, will my grandfather be awake any soon?” “Mr. Kim seems fine. Since the surgery just done long ago, I think we still need to wait. Don’t worry, I’m sure Mr.Kim will be fine.” The doctor and the nurse excuse themselves. Haneul keep staring at the old man.

“You need to wake up so I can know who am I.” 

.

.

.

Later he ride a bus since it is already late. He stop at the convenience store before went home. “Hello Noona!” The girl smile widely when he saw the boy. “Oh Haneul-ah! You will starting to work tomorrow, why would you come here now?” Youngji was arranging the breads and Haneul just quietly help her. “I don’t know, I feel excited maybe. Afterall, this is my first work!” Youngji playfully ruffles his hair. She went away while Haneul finishing the work. He took the big basket at the counter. “Here, banana milk and few bulgogi buns for your breakfast tomorrow. Go home now or you will wake up late!”

“Eh no I--“ “Yah, go home kid, noona will meet you tomorrow. Bye!" He just smile and bid goodbye at her.

.

.

.

.

Haneul walk happily to school today since his tummy feel full. “Ahh, it’s feel so nice after having a breakfast!” Out of nowhere, Jackson grab him, grinning happily. “Morning Haneul, I agreed. Breakfast is the most important thing to do so we will be active throughout the day!” “You mean sleeping during class.” Jaebum walk next to him. Haneul laughed seeing Jackson trying to hit Jaebum but failed. The atmosphere feels the same when walking with the girls to school. It seem like just yesterday they were having fun tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter