New friends #3

Life has given me a choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul quickly ran to the school cafe. He were lucky the teacher felt for his sick excuse. Again. He look at the papers in his hand again, everyday there would be at least one thing that will messing with his life. No, this body's life. "Yo, aren't recess gonna be like 30 minutes?" He turn to see Jeonghan waved a banana to him. "You know I'm looking for you. I need you to look at this. This morning I got some accrual bills but this is not the address of Haneul's house. But look here, it is for that grandpa, it's his name. Do they make mistake with things like this?" Jeonghan took the bills and look through it. "I don't know whom to ask and I definitely don't want to burden the kids here." Jeonghan nodded then look at him.

"For sure you have to pay these.. I seen lots kids like you having part time. Well, you good looking so it won't be a problem for you to find one." Haneul stare at the guy in disbelieve, how easy for him to say that.

"Me? Working? I can't do that. Making food? Tidy things? I don't know anything!" Jeonghan rolled his eyes at the boy. "You used to help your friend's shop before. That is what we called working. Jeez, your mom really spoilt you huh." Haneul stare at his hand, thinking about something. Jeonghan called for him when he realize the boy been too quiet.

"Haneul? Hey Haneul.. Jisoo!" Haneul jump in surprise.

Jeonghan shook his head slowly. "Hey, I know this life is hard for you but you have to adapt it. It will only make everything easier for you later." Haneul hum slowly. "By the way, I notice you know things happen here like I never mention about grandpa being sick or me helping Lisa. So... can you see what happen to me, to Jisoo? I mean, how about my mom, and the girls--" "Sorry I don't have that kind of power to overseen. Sometimes I remember sometimes I don't, that's it." Jeonghan give a sympathy smile. Haneul nodded slowly, "So basically your power is useless." The guy smacked his head playfully. "Alright kid, the lunch gonna be in a minute. You shouldn't skip it since today hmm let say you gonna need a lot of energy." "You saying like I won't get any job today?" Jeonghan raised his shoulder, not giving any hint anymore.

 

 

 

"Haneul-ah wait!" He stop his track when he hear a familiar voice. Wooseok ran, holding his arm when he reach for him. Haneul look at the short boy in surprised. "What are you doing here? Your house isn't this way." Wooseok catch his breath while lifting his specs with his thumb. "Well, I notice you look worried at class just now, so I followed you, you know you can ask me anything right, masternim!" "But Wooseok-ah, I'm fine--" "No!" Wooseok glare at him. "You can deceive Jackson and JB just now but not me, maste--" Haneul pinch his chubby cheek to shut him. He then let him to follow him but later regret it when the latter been nagging him when he found out Haneul want to find a part time job. Haneul bring him to the store yesterday.

"Youngji-nonna!"

The girl was shook when she been told about it. "I have to agreed with your friend here Haneul-ah. You still have school and working at the same time is really tiring you know. What if you neglect your studies?" Ahh, nonna is really acting like mother.. The three been debate for half an hour before the store's boss came in, scolding Youngji for having a chat. 

"Then.. You're in! When can you start?" The three widen their eyes in surprised. "But-but boss he--" "Youngji-ah, can't you tell he in need of money that's why he willing to sacrifies his time besides, look at that face. You gonna bring me luck kid!" The old man laughs feeling happy with a new handsome staff. Later, Haneul bowed deeply to to him and they both bid goodbye to Youngji as she still worried for him.

 

"Hmm, should I visit you everyday then?" Wooseok thought for a second. "Yah, I'm the want who will work, don't waste your time helping me." Wooseok stuck his tongue at him but still hand him an ice cream. Suddenly the shorter boy freeze, making Haneul stops too. Haneul then look at where the boy was looking and he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well well, looks who we got here. Shorty is showing the new kid around Seoul huh." Hoshi smirk at the two. Haneul glare at him as he notice Wooseok flinch the moment he open his mouth. He then eyed Mingyu who was only looking at him. "Can't you say nice thing to him? Or you never learn anything at school?" Haneul said. Hoshi laughs at him. "Watch your mouth new kid. But if you really want me to leave him, why don't we get a rematch?" Wooseok look at the two, feeling afraid. "No please! D-don't fight please." Haneul turn to Wooseok who already shaking in fear, he too doesn't want to have a bruised face since he will start working tomorrow.

"Instead of fighting, there is a PC-bang around here. You both can have a match there." Mingyu who been in silence the whole time, pointing at the end of the road.

Hoshi smile widely hearing his friend. "Damn, Haneul-ah have you ever play before? I think we should just go quietly Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter