Love

MOMMY AND ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren't you the most handsome of all?” My mom picks me up from the bed, holding me in front of the mirror. The smile I see on her reflection in the mirror is an unrivaled beauty yet I still try to copy it.

“Awwww. No. Not that cute smile..” Hugging me tighter, she kisses my cheek. One. Two. Three times. I giggle. I like it a lot when she kisses my cheek. Three times are not enough for both of us so she showers me some more, making me laugh.

“Ah, such a happy boy.” Seunggi comes into the bedroom bearing a car seat. “Give him to me so I can smother those cheeks with kisses too.”

“Nope. He's mine for today.”

“Eyyyyy.”

“You've had him all week.”

“You think? I worked too. My grandma hogged him.”

“Let's go, Taehyung. Let's go before this man hog you too.” My mom steps back with me in her tight hug, sticking her tongue at Seunggi.

“Hey. Get him in this car seat.” Seunggi laughs, following us to the living area.

“Later.” My mom already carries me out the door.

“Taehyung hates being strapped in the car. We need to do it here.”

“Nope.” My mom already takes me down the stairs. “I want to hold him longer.”

“If he fusses it will be on you.”

“He won't.” My mom kisses the top of my head. “Oh, I forgot his cap. Get the mickey mouse one, Seunggi.”

“No. No. No. He looks better in the Monster Truck one.”

"The mickey matches his clothes."

"The Mickey one makes him look like a baby girl."

“Stop it. Mother knows better.”

“But-”

“Stop there.”

Seunggi stops on the top flight, gawking at my mom incredulously.

“Turn around.”

He turns around.

“Get the mickey one.”

He complies, groaning.

I laugh. I like it so much when they are like this. Two of the most playful persons I know.

“Are you guys ready?”

I laugh even louder, clapping my hands together. The man standing a few steps down is also my favorite person. My dad. Ji Changwook.

“One of these days, I'm gonna force you out of this ty apartment.” He bends over to fix the clasp of his prosthetic leg. “Where's Taehyung's car seat?”

“Seunggi is bringing it down.” My mom comes to where my dad is, squatting down in her perfect dress to massage his legs. “I told you not to go up unless necessary. Why didn't you wait in the car?"

“I can't wait to see you in this dress. My legs are all better just by looking at you.” He straightens up, offering his hands to help my mom standing up. "You are too pretty for this world, YoonA."

“Thank you.” My mom twirls a little, making me giggle. “I happen to have a perfect baby for an accessory. Taehyung looks like a little gentleman in this mini tux, doesn't he?”

“He looks like me.” My dad boasts, grinning at me. “We need to strap him before getting into the car, otherwise he will-”

“He will fuss, I know. Gosh, you and Seunggi are so annoying when it comes to Taehyung.” My mom steps past my dad. “I think Seunggi and you are the ones who should get married. You both practically share a brain.”

“I'd rather get a castration.” My dad tries to reaches for me from behind but my mom doesn't let go. “Eyyy. Let me hold my son.”

“No. I miss him so much.” Stepping down the stairs, my mom hugs me tight. “I have to go five days a week without him. I'm not giving him to anyone on the weekend.”

“It's that hard, isn't it? Coming back to work”

“Hard? No. Painful.” My mom rubs her cheek against mine, making me laugh even harder. “The clock ticks awfully slow when I'm far away from my baby.”

“I'm sorry. I will find a job to support you two soon so you can be with Taehyung all the time.”

“Don't ruin the moment, Changwook.”

“Sorry.”

“That's the last apology coming from you today. I don't want to hear it anymore. What's done is done.”

“What about a kiss?” On the third floor, he catches up and traps us against the emergency exit door. “Can a kiss coming from me today?”

My mom giggles, covering with one hand. “That was probably the worst line I ever heard in my life.”

“I'm helpless here.” My dad smiles, leaning in. “The woman I love keep on rejecting me.”

“Welcome to the club.” Seunggi heaves as he arrives with my hat in the car seat. “Here. Mickey Mouse hat for the only person in this apartment who knows how to return my feeling.”

“Come on you, guys.” My mom puts the hat on me, grinning at the two men. “Let's not make Sooyoung's wedding day about us.”

“Yeah. Yeah.” Seunggi grabs me from my mom with one hand as he puts the seat on the floor. “Let me tuck this champ into the seat. You guys decide if I still have a chance or not.”

“Nope. You have none.” My dad wounds his hand around my mom's shoulder. “She's mine. She's just too shy to admit it.”

“Not for your sorry to decide, buddy.” Seunggi carefully puts me into the seat while making a funny face. “If Taehyung has a vote I know he'll pick me.”

“He just loves you for the funny face. You have no chance at all.”

“You both have no chance.” My mom slips out of my dad's hold and squats down in front of the car seat. Her soft fingers caress my cheek “My heart only has room for Taehyung now.”

I clap my hands again, 100% agree with my mom.

“Isn't she perfect for him?" My mom whispers in my ear. We're sitting under a tree, watching uncle talks to a girl a few hundred meters away from us. I squint to see better but all I can see is how the girl laughs at whatever joke Seunggi is making.

"Her name is Bae Suji. Suzy for short. One of the bridesmaids. What do you think if we play matchmaker, Taehyung? Do you think we can get Uncle Seunggi a date for your party?" As always, my mom turns to me for an expert opinion. I clap my hands in excitement. I think it's about time Seunggi has a girlfriend.

My mom laughs, standing up. "Let's go then."

"Hey.” Seunggi smiles as my mom and I come closer to the corner by the bougainvillea. "This is Suzy. Kyungho's cousin. Suzy, this is YoonA and her baby boy, Taehyung."

"We know each other, Seunggi." My mom grins at the girl. "We and the other bridesmaids were the ones dealing with Sooyoung's madness for the past few weeks."

This girl laughs. I like the way she laughs.

"We're holding Taehyung's baek-il ceremony next weekend, Suzy. Would you like to celebrate with us?"

"Oh, he's 100 days old already?" Suzy bends to hold my hands, shaking them lightly making me giggle. "Of course I'll come to celebrate you, Taehyungie. Aren't you such a cutie?"

"Great." Grinning even wider, my mom pats Seunggi's back. "It will just be a simple ceremony with Seunggi's famous barbecue as the feast."

"Oh, Seunggi does barbecue?" The girl curiously stares at Seunggi. "Wonderful."

"He owns a killer grilling joint in the city." Continuing her plan, my mom feeds the girl another info. "Have you heard of Flying Pig's famous ribs before?"

"Are you kidding? We order from Flying Pig al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter