I'm Here

MOMMY AND ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm here!

Yes, I'm here.

Actually, I've been here since a few weeks ago but my mommy chooses this very day to acknowledge the possibility of me. This day, earlier than the morning sun itself, she rolls out of the flimsy blanket, sits on the edge of the bunk bed and gasps.

"Oh, God!" Her right hand goes to cover as her left hand hit the button to turn off the alarm on her phone. "Is it really the 17th?"

Sooyoung, my mommy's best friend climbs down from the second bed, grabbing the towel hung on the railing then uses it to swat a person sleeping on the bunk bed to right. "Yah! D.O! Wake up!"

"Yes, sergeant Choi!" D.O, the youngest and most prudish soldier in my mommy's squad springs to sit on the bed. "Private Do Kyungsoo report for duty!"

Sooyoung grins. "Sergeant Im wants to know if today is really the 17th of the month."

"Yes, ma'am." Like a robot, D.O turns his head toward mommy. "Today is the 17th of March."

"God, no!" My mommy presses a palm on her forehead and falls back onto the bed. "No. No. No."

"What's wrong?" Sooyoung asks, this time while taking out a fresh camouflage shirt from inside of her duffle bag.

"Nothing." Mommy shakes her head. Her hand goes to her stomach. This is the first time she touches and feels me. I like it. I can feel the coolness of her skin from where I'm sitting comfortably inside her belly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I just forgot something." My mom closes her eyes, inhaling slowly. "Can you gather the crew and report to Staff Sergeant Jung on my behalf."

"Why?"

"I don't feel well. I need to go to the clinic."

"I am really pregnant then?" My mom is in her uniform, looking extra pretty and extra brave despite the fear that I can feel coming from within her heart. She's sitting on the examination bed made of folding cot in the small tend that serves as the clinic of the platoon. Her combat boots ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter