Prologue

We Are Just

 

Korean Lit Class Outing | Sokcho

 

"SPIN IT! " Screamed the Dongryu who was in-charge of the night's affair.

 

Jisoo twisted the green bottle of soju. Everyone was paying attention to where its mouth would point into. Three spins and it stopped, pointing to the person who instantly became the center of attraction in the small group.

 

"It's Chanyeol!" Another student exclaimed and suddenly everyone was cheering for Chanyeol's name.

 

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol-aaah!" The tipsy Sehun cried. "Hyung, it's your turn. Truth or dare?"

 

Half of the group howled truth, the other half were claiming to see him do the dare. Beside him, Jung Eunji drank the last of her beer bottle's content. She caught Sehun's eye flickering at her direction maliciously. She suddenly felt an irrational fear washed over her that whatever Chanyeol's choice may be, it would involve her.

 

She wanted to look at Chanyeol so bad to see what his answer would be. She sighed and fixed her gaze on the blazing fire and ignored the feeling that started to build around her stomach.

 

"Ugh. Dare." Chanyeol said.

 

Sehun leaned to Eunwoo who was sitting beside him. They shared a meaningful gaze and smile before announcing Chanyeol's dare. 

 

"Fine," Sehun nodded, "Kiss her." He said while pointing towards Eunji's direction.

 

She wished to just have choked on the beer she was drinking but realized that the bottle was empty already. She resorted into staring back to Sehun or more like glaring at him.

 

Chanyeol dropped the idea quickly and laughed, "She's not playing."

 

"But she's here!" Eunwoo immediately protested. "Noona.. I mean, Sunbae's here with us. She's a player too."

 

"Yes." Chanyeol seconded. "So?"

 

Everyone waited nervously. Everyone included Eunji. 

 

"So I'm saying no." His voice sounded playful but the tone was firm. There was no way he would kiss Eunji in front of all these people. "Truth or I'm out."

 

"What a party-pooper..." Sehun kicked the sand beneath his feet. "Truth then," He breathed as if contemplating what question he would like to get a true answer for. "Do you like Eunji sunbae..."

 

"As a woman?" Eunwoo quickly added. One could almost hear the invisible high five the two shared by merely looking at each other.

 

"You guys." Chanyeol tried to ease the tension. For the first time he shifted his gaze to Eunji, who was already looking at him. They broke away from the staring game almost at the same time.

 

"The truth is," He started saying. "We are just..."