Chapter 2: Baby Eunbi

Say My Name

YERIN'S POV


"Yerin, come and look at the cutest person in the whole world." My Eunbi called to me when I entered their backyard. She was sitting there carrying the 10 month old baby.

I don't have any interest in that thing. The cutest person for me is still my Eunbi. Whenever I say that name, I get kinda confused because there are TWO EUNBIs now.

"Why did you have to name her Eunbi too, now I get confused with whom we are talking about."

"But didnt we talk about that before, so you and Sowon can have your own Eunbi? Now you get to have the cutest Eunbi in the whole world!" She smiles at the baby and I hear a noise coming from it. It must be her laughter.

"But you're my only Eunbi. I don't like her." I pouted and hugged MY Eunbi.

"How can anybody not like her? She's so precious." She rubs their cheeks together which makes the baby laugh more. "Come and have a look at her baby teeth. She already has two. She's getting older and older." Eunbi says

She makes me carry Eunbi but I push it away. Then she looks at me pleadingly, so again, I give in. She's the cutest person for me, however, I look at the baby doubtfully.

"It might slap me."

"She won't slap you, silly. She's a sweet baby, isn't that right Eunbi?" She said and touched the baby's small nose. I look at it suspiciously. She definitely doesn't look sweet to me.

"Then how about this, you'll get to choose her nickname. What would you like to call her?"

Baby Eunbi looks at Yerin and Yerin feels something for the baby. The baby smiles at her and Yerin unknowingly touches her teeth then the baby bites her finger.

"Ahhhhhhhhh! That thing bit me!" I shouted. Eunha steadies me so that the baby wouldn't fall but I push it back to her. I'm not sure if I would still hold it carefully after it just tried to chop my finger off.

"Woooooow! I think she likes you." She said, overly proud with what her little baby had just done. Sometimes, this fluffball just bounces off the other way.   -___-

"It doesn't like me. It wants to eat me!" I clarified

"Then let's call it interest. Eunbi is already interested in you. She's got some awesome taste." My Eunbi winks at me.

"And you don't have any." I said it loud and clear but the fluffball just predictably swerved the otherway again. Guess I'll just wait for another chance again.

"I'm calling her Sinb from now on, so not to forget about her crime today. Humph!"

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 

SINB'S POV

 

 

"Stop following me!" Yerin said with an annoyed expression.

"I said stop following me." She said once again.

"But you said you want your Eunbi and mommy said I'm your Eunbi." I said matter-of-factly.

"You're not my Eunbi. You're not cute."

"I am cute! Mommy said, I am the cutest person in the world!" I said while stomping my foot.

"You? Cute? Hahahahah, let me see." She encircled me and laughingly said, "The only thing that's cute about you is your height. . Hahahaha"

I'm three years old and she's eight years old so of course she's taller than me and I don't know why I get irritated whenever she says that even though normally I don't mind my height. I'm actually taller than the other children my age.

I glare at her and I ran away in shame but before I could get any further, my ankle buckles up and I fall down, scratching my knee. I tried to stand up but it stings so I turned to look at Yerin by instinct, to ask her for help, hopefully she's still there. She's still there looking at me so I guess she knows what happened.

I didn't say anything cause even though I want her to help me, I'm still ashamed to ask her for help. My ankle hurts and I don't want to act like a normal kid that whines about everything in front of her. I'm trying to act cool about it but liquid starts to build up on my eyes looking at the scratches that are starting to turn red. Before I could cry, a hand started to pat my legs to get the dirt off.

"You are so not cute. You can't even fall cutely, tsk." She says

"I wasn't planning to fall!" I defended myself.

"Yeah yeah. Can you walk?"

"It hurts" I say with tears falling down my face.

"You're such a baby. Come on." She said then turned her back to me and waited for me to climb on her back.

Even though it hurts, I immediately climbed onto her back then clasped my arms around her neck.

"It hurts" I say again.

"You're clumsy and soooo not cute." She laughs.

I hit her shoulder then hug her again.
"I'm the cutest person in the whole world and I'm your Eunbi."

"No you're not. You're Sinb." She says

I think about it. She always calls me Sinb and I like it when I'm sure that she's talking about me and not my mom. But on the other hand, she only talks about me whenever she's picking on me or berating me, and it kinda .

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

"What are you thinking up there?" Yerin asks

"I asked mom why you don't live with us and she said because you're not my sister. Is that true?" I asked

"Well, we're not blood related so even if I wanted to live in your house, I can't."

"So what do we do so you can live in our house?" I asked, really into the topic.

"Well, if I marry your mom, then I will become your other mom. Then we can all live together. You want that?" She says while laughing.

"But I already have two moms and three is too much.  . . . I don't want you to marry mom." I said seriously

"Well. . . We can't live together then." She said with a lower tone to her voice.

"Are you sad?" I turned her face so I can see it.

"Yes I'm sad." She said while pouting. I pouted too 'cause I also feel sad.

"What happened now?!" Mommy Sowon's voice boomed from the doorframe of our house while looking at us.

"Uh-oh . . . The fire breathing lamp post has fixed her eyes on us." Yerin shouts and my mom starts to run to us. Yerin just laughs and tries to ran away from her while carrying me. After some time, I tap yerins shoulder to tell her that I want to get down. I wiggled my way down from Yerin's back and hopped my way to my mom.

"Mom mom! Can I marry Yerin now?!"