Chapter 7: A New Girl Friend

Say My Name

Chapter 7: A New Girl Friend

 

 

 

Sowon asked her if she could just talk to a friend or something 'cause them talking together is either not going anywhere or just turning worse. Yerin said she tried it the day before but it didn't end well.

"Oh yeah, where were you yesterday, by the way? We were looking for you everywhere. Your parents were so worried. Good thing I didn't tell Sinb, if not, I would have been scolded for not finding you." Sowon dreaded the idea.

"I wen't out to think."

 

 

 

Flashback:

 

 

Yerin was out of the house after a half day of trying to keep herself from not going to Eunbi's house. She couldn't last a day staying cooped up in her room, so now she's distracting herself by using different roads that would bring her further away from her ideal destination.

She came upon a park further away from her usual hangout place. She saw a girl playing all alone. She went near her and she seemed quite contented playing with the sand all alone.

"Hey, I'm Yerin." She introduced herself.

The other girl looked at her and said, "Y. .uju"

"Uju?" Yerin confirms

"Yu-ju" the other girl repeats with a snot running down her nose.

"Yuju? Ok, got it. By any chance, do you have a tissue or a hanky?" She asks the other girl but Yuju just shakes her head and continues playing with the sand.

Yerin couldn't help it but take the pack of tissue from her backpack, something that she learned to always bring while growing up taking care of Sinb. Yerin was not a clean freak but she enjoys taking care of the two Eunbi's, and whenever they get dirty or hurt themselves, she tends to clean after them. And now, Yerin just couldn't help but wipe the other girl's nose.

"Sinb knows better how to take care of herself than you." Yerin murmurs while wiping Yuju's nose.

"Hehe. . Thank you" Yuju ^__^

"Mmmm. . You should take care of yourself." Yerin said while placing some strands of Yuju's hair behind her ear.

"Why are you alone by the way?" Yerin asks

"Don't know." The other girl shrugged then runs to the seesaw. "Eonni! Let's play seesaw." She called to Yerin.

"Mmmm. . . Coming." She answered back.

They played on the seesaw and whenever it was Yuju's turn to be lifted up, she always jumps up, propelling her side up faster, then lifts her hands up and screams like riding a rollercoaster.

"Yuju please hold onto the handle bar!" Yerin yells at Yuju everytime.

"I'm not playing this with you anymore if you're gonna be like this." Yerin scolded.

Yuju repented and held onto the bar. And when it was her turn again, she just did the same thing. What frustrated Yerin the most was, Yuju did a backflip after jumping up from her seesaw seat. Fortunately, she landed perfectly well.

"You could have been hurt!" Yerin scolded. She had seen Sinb hurt too many times. Though mind you, they were only scratches but it already had so much effect on Yerin, so having someone doing that in front of Yerin was too much.

"Sinb would never do that! Can't you just behave for a minute?" Yerin said and Yuju was curious.

"Who's Sinb?" Yuju

Yerin was shocked. She didn't mean to say the younger girls name out lout but she just did.

". . . .A family. . . . .friend." Yerin

"Are you close?" Yuju asks

"Yeah" Yerin doesn't notice her lips that were frowning are now starting to smile.

"You like Sinb ha?" Yuju asks out of the blue and Yerin was startled.

"No! Of course not! I like her mom!" Yerin blurts out.

"So is your friend, her mom and not her?" Confused Yuju asks

"I'm friends with both of them but I don't like Sinb in like how I like girls." Yerin explains

"That's an easy tongue twister." Yuju

"That wasn't supposed to be one." Yerin

"So you treat Sinb as a guy?" Yuju nods to herself when she understood what Yerin meant. . . . Did she? ^__^

"What?!" Now it was Yerin's turn to be confused.

"NO! I'll explain and you listen well, ok?" Yerin

"Ok!" Yuju

"Sinb is a girl. Did you get that?" Yerin

"Yep!" Yuju

"I am friends with Sinb and one of her moms."

"Ok!" Yuju

"She has Two moms." Yerin

"Wow! Wait, you're only friends with one of her moms eonni?" Yuju

"You got that right!" Yerin winks at Yuju and the other girl claps in joy in getting it right.

"One mom is a super sweet, ultra cute ball of fluff and the other one is an  unattractive but ultra tall lamppost." Yerin

"Ok, Let me guess, is your friend - the lamppost?" Yuju

"What?! Why would you even think that?!" Yerin stomps her foot.

"Oooh! I almost had it." Yuju was disappointed. "So your friend is the fluff?"

"The one and only! And She's the Love of My Life!" Yerin proudly declares.

"Woooooooow!" Yuju claps to the declaration of love.

"But She's inlove with someone else." Sad Yerin appears.

"Ooooooooh" Yuju

"And I think Sinb likes me." Yerin

"I like you too eonni." ^__^ Yuju

"Hahahah. . . I like you too. But I don't think she likes me as a normal friend." Yerin

"What do you mean eonni?" Yuju

Yerin thinks of a way to explain it to the younger girl but she couldn't think of any other way.

"She likes me to much that she wants to marry me. Do you know the word marry?" Yerin asks

.

.

.

.

.

Yuju tips her head to the side and squints her eyes. She seems to be processing the information.

.

.

.

.

.

"Its like, you go to a wedding, kiss and have babies." Yerin said in a fast paced speech. A tint of red is starting to spread on her pale cute face. Yerin who is such a flirt in front of Eunha is being a shy innocent child at this moment.

"What am I teaching this child?!" Yerin mutters to herself.

"If you didn't understand, just forget about it." Yerin sighs and ruffles Yuju's hair. Yerin felt thirsty so she took her water bottle from her bag and saw her pack of cookies. She always brings lots of  food just incase Sinb gets hungry. Yerin got irritated when she caught herself thinking about the said little girl again.

She took out the cookies and offered some to Yuju. After their break, they continued playing until it started to get dark.

"Come on, I'll bring you home." Yerin said and took Yuju's hand. They walked comfortably until a full 15 minutes.

"Are we going the right way?" Yerin asks Yuju and the other girl just shrugs. Yerin eyes the younger girl.

"Where do you live Yuju?" Yerin asks and the other girl just shrugs again.

"Don't tell me you don't know?!" Yerin

"I thought you knew eonni." Yuju

"How would I know?! I thought we were going the right way 'cause you weren't saying anything." Yerin was perplexed to say the least.

"I thought we were going the right way 'cause you said you'd bring me home." Yuju pouted

Yerin was totally speechless.

"Don't you recognize the place?" Yerin

Yuju just shakes her head.

"Do you know any landmark around your house?" Yerin

Again, Yuju shakes her head.

Yerin crouched down and hid her head between her legs. After some time Yuju heard laughter coming from Yerin and YUJU WAS SCARED!

"Hahahahahahha. . . This is so funny." Yerin sat on the street and looked at the night sky and gave out a genuine laugh.

"If worse comes to worst, I'll just bring you back home with me and we'll look for your house tomorrow." Yerin said lightheartedly. "But your parents might get worried. They could actually be worried right now." Yerin realized

"Oh, I know their number. I can just tell them." Yuju said out of the blue making Yerin speechless once again.

"What is their number?" Yerin asked while fishing out her phone from her pocket.

"123x-xxx-xxxx" Yuju recited

RING . . . . RING. . . . . RING . . . . .

"Yuju? Where are you?" The other line asked.

"Have this happened before? 'Cause they seem to know that we're calling about you." Yerin whispers to Yuju

"More than I could remember." Yuju admits, being shy all of a sudden.

"Hello?" Said the other line. "Yuju is that you?"

"Uhmmm, Yes this is Yuju, I mean, Yuju is safe with me ma'am. I'm giving the phone to her now." Yerin

"Ah no! I'll talk to her later. Can you tell me where you are exactly? Yuju's not good with directions and I don't want to get lost while looking for her." The other line.

Yerin looks at Yuju with amusement in her eyes. Yuju seemed to feel the other's stare so she peeks at her and becomes even more embarassed thinking that the other girl might have heard by now about her remarkable way of discovering new places.

Yerin talked to Yuju's mother and planned on meeting at a nearby convenience store. The two girls walked to the meeting place and Yerin did not let the chance of teasing Yuju pass.

"I memorized mom and dad's number so if ever. . . . I mean, whenever I get lost, I can let them know." Yuju

"But, do you have a phone?" Yerin

"I do, mom bought me one. But I thought I wouldn't need it today 'cause I would be with mom so I left it at home." Yuju

"Now you know. Always bring your phone. Bring an ID too. Better yet never  ever go your own way. You could get kidnapped you know." Yerin

Suddenly, the door to the convenience store opened and a man in a spy suit entered. Yerin looked at the man that was walking briskly to where they were. Yerin covered Yuju and looked at the man straight in the eye.

"I heared they've been looking for you everywhere. Did you just eloped with someone else?" The man asked

"What?! I did not!" Yerin

"Then did you get lost?" The man

"You're lost too?" Yuju exclaimed in shock

"NO I AM NOT!" Yerin shouts

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 


"So you were with another girl the whole afternoon while my daughter was waiting for you at your doorstep until dinner time?!" Roared the overprotective parent named Sowon.

"Do you know how she looked like while waiting for her eonni?!" Sowon again

"You stone hearted monster!" Sowon yet again

"Why didn't you just brought her home sooner?" Yerin said with disinterest

"She waited for you the whole afternoon and that's all you have to say?!" Sowon

"I'm doing what you've always wanted. I'm staying away. But you dragged me here and you are now lecturing me about keeping on making your daughter's heart wait? I may be young but I do understand things. Are you sure you want me to stay by Sinb's side?" Yerin

"I may seem bubbly like you said, but I am currently going through my first heartbreak. I wish you'd think about my side too." Yerin

Sowon couldn't say anything because she was caught in the middle. They continued eating in silence. After some time, Yerin stood up.

"I'll be leaving now. You can take the toys home. It's my parting gift to Sinb. I'll just take this one with me." She gestured to the chick she was holding.

"It was fun annoying you old hag. Please take care of my Eunbi for me." Yerin said with tears in her eyes. Then she walked away for the second time in 3 days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 

Next Day

 

 

 

Yerin woke up feeling irritated because something kept on moving around on her bed and something kept on touching her face. Grouchily, she opened her eye to see two sets of cute eyes staring at her.

 

 

 

 

WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING HERE?!

 

 

 

 

"Good morning Yerin / Eonni!" The mother and daughter Eunbi said in unison.

 

 

 

This is not what I expected after saying my farewell to Sowon yesterday.   -____-