Chapter 6: A Date with the Devil

Say My Name

After a . . . . . M O N T H

 


(Just joking, its only been two days. Make it one and a half day to be exact.)


"Is Yerin eonni angry at me?" Puffy eyed Sinb asked her mommy Eunha who was equally sporting two wet reddish eyes.

"No baby. Your Yerin eonni will never get angry at you." Eunha said and kept on cradling her devastated daughter.

"She went out to play and did not bring me with her!" Sinb

"Maybe she wanted to play with some friends." Eunha

"Am I not her friend?" Sinb

"Of course you are. You are her most important friend. The only most important friend in the world." Eunha

"Really?" Sinb

"Really" Eunha ^__^

"Seriously you two! Its just the second day that the devil hadn't shown herself and you're already crying this much?!" Sowon told her family off.

"Yerin eonni is not a devil!" Sinbi just cried louder because she remembered that she hadn't seen her eonni for more than a day. Eunha glared at Sowon for making their daughter break down again.

"Eonni doesn't like me anymore!" Cries Sinb and Sowon just couldn't stand seeing her that way.

"No baby, its my fault. We quarreled and now she's just waiting for her anger to disappear. I'll go and say sorry now. Just wait, ok?" Sowon tells Sinb. The girl stops crying and with a renewed hope, she nods to her mother.

"When I see that girl, I'm going to break her neck." Sowon said in frustration.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Mommy Sowon's gonna break eonni's neck. Waaaaaaah!" Sinb wailed louder and Eunha looked at Sowon with big Eyes making Sowon cower.

"No baby! You heard it wrong. I said when I see her. I'm going to tell her to not make you cry." Sowon

"They're going to fight again! Waaaaaaaah!" Sinb

Eunha stood up in anger and looked down on Sowon, making her wife feel so small, and that says a lot. I mean, A LOT A LOT!

"No baby!!!!!!! We're not gonna fight. I'll be very good! I promise!" Sowon knelt properly on the floor to show how she'll behave when she goes to talk with her daughter's beloved eonni.

"Your mommy's gonna behave well baby, trust me." Eunha told their daughter. This was the very first time this happened and Eunha doesn't know if she'd laugh at the situation or what. For the first time, Sowon needs to go plead with Yerin and it's quite funny, actually. Another one is that, their daughter seems very very very much In Love with her Eonni, which is  such a very sweet scenario. But on the other hand, their daughter is devastated with just this much. She's never been attached to any material thing except for her eonni. She wants nothing else except for her eonni and I don't know what would happen if this goes on.

"Right Sowon?!" Eunha meaningfully asks her wife.

"Of course! I never bully Yerin!" Sowon

"Liar. . . . . ." Sinb answers but then mellows down her cries. "I want eonni."

"I'll get her for you." Sowon stands up and raises her right hand to show she's promising.

"I want to go too." Sinb said but Eunha and Sowon stopped her. They know that they need to talk to Yerin first.

Sowon immediately went to Yerin's house and knocked on the door. She waited and waited but nobody opened it. Yerin's parents might be out right now. Might Yerin be out too?

 

 

 

 

 

SOWON'S POV

 

"How dare that little brat go and have fun and leave my daughter all alone, hurt, miserable and cold. I should have never let her near my precious daughter. Just you wait, when my daughter gets to move on from you, I'll surely snap your neck into two." Sowon tortured Yerin in her mind.

She knocked onto the door one more time even though she's not expecting anyone to open it anymore. Then out of the corner of her eye, she saw a movement in the window and immediately knew that it was Yerin trying to hide herself while peeking at her.

"Yah! Get out here you devil! How could you make my wife and daughter cry!! Come out here!" She screams at the child.

Sowon is known as a respectable member of society but maybe it was out of desperation why Sowon is now acting this way, out in the neighborhood and in broad daylight.

Sowon knocked on the door non-stop hoping it would irritate the girl and voluntarily open the door. But the girl inside just stood there looking at her through the mildly tinted glass window. Sowon did not stop knocking even if her knuckles and hands already hurt.

She went near the glass and gestured for Yerin to open the damn door but Yerin smiled and showed her a phone which had an earphone plugged in it going to her ears. And the younger girl mouted, "I can't hear you. You should leave."

Sowon was beyond herself, interacting with this kid. She wanted to kick the door down but she needs to maintain some dignity, so even if she was seething mad, she calmed herself and gestured to the child to answer her call.

She dialed her number and looked at the person beyond the glass. She saw the girl's phone light up and she knows its her call but the girl just cancelled it.

 

Sowon breathed in and breathed out.

She didn't know that Yerin could be this hard to handle. All these years she thought she already was but turns out she could be worse.

Sowon dialed again. Though she was calling, she actually didn't expect Yerin to answer her on the second try. Sowon thought she would make it atleast a bunch of times more. She just couldn't follow this kid.

Sowon, "Let's talk."

Yerin, "We already are."

Sowon, "I mean face to face."

Yerin got closer to the glass so Sowon can see her properly. "Done"

Sowon, "I mean without the glass and everything. I look like a stupid person here talking to the door."

Yerin, "Its fine. I don't mind."

Sowon, "But I doooooooo! Can you just please just open the door?"

Yerin, "No! You might hurt me."

Sowon, "I won't! Promise! Now can we just please talk properly? I'll buy you food."

Yerin, "I want Eunbi's food." Yerin sulked and drew a heart on the glass window but erased it immediately. "But I don't want to see her right now."

"Then lets just go to that one store you both go to." Sowon said

"But our memories are there! Are you making me feel worse?" Yerin 

"Of course not! Ok fine, you choose the place."

"I want a place where I don't feel hurt. A place where love prevails. A place where my Eunbi and I will be together forever." Yerin dreamily proclaims.

"I'm choosing the place whether you like it or not." Sowon abruptly changes her decision. "Open the door and get out." She told the girl.

"I don't want to go with you."

"This is your only chance to make me buy whatever you want. Now, would you take that chance or not?!"

"I'm coming." Yerin grumbled but opened the door anyway and followed her arch nemesis.

 

 

 

 

After Some Time

 

Sowon, "Can we just leave now?! Do you really need all these toys?" Sowon gestured to all the plushies the girl had won for the past half hour in the gaming center.

Yerin, "But I'm not done yet." Yerin just answered while focusing on getting a cute chick plushie. Yerin knows Sinb likes chicks and most of the time the young girl looks like a chick following her all over town.

Sowon, "That's the last one. I don't even know if these would still fit in my daughter's room."

Yerin, "Who said I'm giving this to your daughter?" Yerin pouted.

"Oh. . . . Weren't you?" Sowon said sarcastically. Sure, Yerin loves plushies too but Sowon just had the gut feeling that these toys were going to end up with her cute little daughter. Yerin might push Sinb away and disregard her feelings but she DOTES on her a whole lot and this girl might not have noticed this particular trait of hers. Sowon smiled to herself.

"I got it!!!!!!!!" Yerin jumps in joy hugging the cute chick plushie. ^__^

"Good, let's go." Sowon carried the plastic bag with all the plushies and pulled the childish Yerin to a store that sells different cakes. She was debating whether to go to an all meat diner or this one but she chose cakes 'cause whenever her wife and her little suitor go out, they always go for meat.

They sat down in a booth, facing each other. Sowon stared at the young girl but Yerin just hid behind the plushie and laid down.

"I don't want to talk about it." Yerin starts

"After making me pay for all of these?!" Sowon motions to the bag of toys.

". . . . . . . What do you want to know anyway? Isn't it as clear as day? I'm heartbroken."

"Well yeah I know. . . " Sowon

"Seeeeeee! . . . .fwueksoansngsgfxagajskxo" Yerin kicks up a fuss.

"Can you please just. . . .settle down? Its just like what you've said, I've known about your feelings for my wife for all the years I've known you. Even blind people are able to tell that you're heartbroken.

"I hate you." Yerin tells Sowon.

"Funny how we've maintained our relationship for this long. Its almost our 6th anniversary partner." Sowon teased Yerin.

"Humph" Yerin

"So. . . . . Anything you want to say? I'm all ears." Sowon

"I don't think its a good idea." Yerin

"And why is that?" Sowon

". . . . . . . . . . . FINE!" Yerin

Sowon started to smile hearing Yerin give in. That smile that suddenly bloomed instantly withered away.

Why?

 

Let's just say she wasn't fond of what she's hearing. ^__^

 

"I just can't understand what I'm lacking?! I mean, I may be small but its because I'm still a child. I'm quite good looking, you know. Her wife's an old hag. She's as straight as a pole but just gay in any other way. Yeah she's tall but, hey, I've got a ladder taller than her, so, beat her there. . . . ." Yerin was chattering on her own and Sowon was getting ready to smack the damn kid.

"That old hag might smack you If you don't shut up." Sowon glared at her.

"But I'm not done yet! That old hag wanted a child but didn't know how to take care of one. All she knows is to make one. . . .tsk tsk tsk. . .I might even beat her on that department." Yerin winked at Sowon and Sowon karate chopped her head.

"Ouch! You're getting physical again. All you know is to act innocent around Eunbi but is really an evil lamppost!" Sowon was about to hit her again but Yerin dodged her hand.

"Are you really heartbroken or you're just trying to rile me up?" Sowon

"Are you saying I'm pretending to be heartbroken? Are you taking my heartbreak lightly?! Ouch!" Yerin acted hurt.

"Then stop acting like one. You seem bubbly to me." Sowon

Yerin hugged her plushy again and laid her head that is on the chick on top of the table. They remained quiet for some time.

"I first saw Eunbi at the park. It was the day when you were both rollerblading and she fell. I was riding on a chick plane and she just fell down near me. You laughed at her and she looked cute pouting on the ground. She had a scratch on her hand then, for touching the ground when she fell. You left for a while to buy some bandaids. She was just sitting on the bench near me and she looked so hurt with her scratched hand. My mom always told me to bring a bandaid just for emergency purposes and it proved to be useful that day. . . . . . And until today if you're with her. . . .hahahah" Yerin said with a bitter laugh.

Sowon just nods, imagining the same day the younger girl was talking about. It was their first meeting. Yerin gave Eunbi a bandaid and they chatted even until Sowon came back. They got to know each other then and that was the start of it all.

"She looked so so cute then. I just couldn't help but wish I could bring her home." Yerin

"Yeah. . . . ." Sowon replied with visible hearts in her eyes.

"She looked so soft and cuddly that you just can't get enough of." Yerin

"Mmmmm" Sowon nods in affirmation.

"Wish I met her sooner before she met that 'all-height-and-no-brain' wife of hers. . . Tsk" Yerin grumbles. It earned her a flick to the forehead.

"That hurts! Shouldn't you be comforting me, not hurting me?" Yerin complained.

"I'll be damned if ever I'll comfort you after all you've been spouting!" Sowon glared at the child.

Just then, their orders arrived.

 

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

More talks and many more to come on the next chapters. Not much scene changes and lots of cliche jokes but. . Couldn't come up with anything else so. . Sorry. . Hahahha