Are things start to look up?

Lightning Rod

Ryeowook’s POV

*Dream*

I was sitting down in my favorite clearing, waiting for the love of my life. The summer breeze felt nice brushing against my face and through my hair.

When suddenly I felt someone’s strong arms wrapping around my waist. I turned my head up to see him smiling down at me.

“Did I make you wait long Wookie?” He asked as I stood up and hugged him.

“No I just got here.” I said pulling back slightly from the hug before giving him a peck on the lips.

In truth I was waiting for two hours, but I don’t mind. He probably got caught up in a lecture from Kangin hyung, or Key umma. That or he ended up falling asleep after his training again.

“Good. Now I have something to ask you.”

“What?” I asked.

Please let him be proposing to me. Please Please Please.

“Well I- WATCH OUT” he suddenly yelled pushing us down on the ground. Covering me with his body when a lightning bolt hit right beside us. Then two men grabbed my lover off of me, while two others picked me up as well. Both holding us back from running to each other.

Tears were running down my cheeks, I mean I was terrified especially when my lovers eyes turned from brown to blue. And Kui Xian couldn’t get out of those men’s grip. But then we both heard a girl laughing, we turned our heads and Kui Xian growled at the black haired girl appeared from the shadows of the trees. She only laughed.

“Appa, theres the human that took away my Kyuhyun.” She said with a pout and pointed toward me. I then saw a man walk past her, and straight towards me. He grabbed my chin and made me look straight at him. I whimpered in fear.

“Don’t you ing touch him.” Kui Xian yelled at the man holding my chin.

The man looks over toward Kui Xian, and slowly holds his arm out with his palm up towards him. A ball of blue energy formed in it and launched itself at Kui Xian. He fell limp in the men’s arms for a second before opening his eyes, but they were brown not blue.

“Kyu what happened?” I yelled.

“I-I don’t know. I can’t sense Kui Xian anymore.” He said with wide eyes.

My eyes widened. I can’t see his aura anymore either. Where is he?

The man just laughed and turned back to me.

*End Dream*

I woke up with a start. Sweat running down my forehead. I looked around the room to find that I was in my bed with bandages on my old and new injuries from my regular beatings.

Who would dress these wounds? and more importantly why?

I have been beaten for most of my life, the only people that cared for me were Heechul umma and Key umma, and maybe somebody else but I can’t remember his face or name. All I can think of is a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the door open, and a voice that I rarely ever wanted to hear.

“So your awake. Mind telling me when those beatings started.” Joon said as he sat in a chair across from me.

I just stared at him in shock.

Since when did he care. All he ever did was go out with friends, or look at the stars.

“You going to tell me or what?” he asked.

I sighed heavily and looked at him. His aura told me he was sincere.

“Since I was 4.” I said.

His eyes widened.

I slowly laid back down on my lumpy mattress, and turned away from him. Covering myself with the thin paper like blankets.

“They got worse when both my brothers disappeared, and again when my father married your mother.” I said holding back tears from all the pain that I have received over the years.

After a few moments of my silent sobbing, I felt Joon carefully and slowly wrapping his arms around my waist and pulled me into a warm hug. He slowly started rubbing my back in circles, and then he started singing a soothing melody. Yet it was also familiar.

Though I felt it would sound better and more comforting if someone else had been singing it.

After he finished singing, his shirt was wet from my tears.

“Why haven’t you told anyone?” He asked softly.

“Cause I didn’t won’t anyone to get involved and get hurt.” I said wiping away my tears.

“Well I think that these beatings of yours are going to stop for a while.” He said with a smirk.

I pulled back from his hug and stared at him with wide eyes.

“What do you mean?” I hesitantly asked.

His smirk grew wider.

“I mean I’ll be home more often until I have to leave. My friends aren’t really my friends any more so I have more time. And they can’t beat you when I’m here.” He said.

I smiled, but then frowned.

What did he mean that he was leaving?

“Why would you be leaving?” I asked.

“Don’t tell this to our parents but I am going to train with the guardians in the Vatican in a month. But our parents think I am going to train to become a demon hunter.” He said before getting up and walking to the door.

“Oh and I might act a little cold to you while I am home and, mom and dad are around so try and remember that it is just an act. Night Ryeowook.” He said just before he closed the door.

I smiled before laying back down on my bed and pulling the blanket over me.

This may be the best month that I will have in my entire life.I thought before going to sleep. Not knowing that after this month I will be in bigger trouble then I have ever been before with my dad and my step-mom.