Nightmare and the truth

Lightning Rod

No one’s POV

Key, Heechul, and their parents were told to meet some work buddies of their father’s.

Their mother holding a sleeping baby boy, not even a week old, caringly in her arms. Their father was driving, and looked back and forth between his wife and the baby. His smile resembled more of an evil smirk. But the only person who noticed it was the 11 year old Key. The 5 year old Heechul was too busy fixing his hair to notice the smirk.

As they arrived to a big office building, a beautiful women, and a few men in black suits came out, telling them to follow behind. All of them but the dad were confused but followed anyway.

They were led to a room filled with chairs and a microphone on the stage. They all sat down where they were asked to and other people followed suit. But as the meeting began Key had noticed something, they all had a roman numeral on their suits. Which meant that they were demon hunters.

Key was snapped out of his thoughts when his mother held out the sleeping boy to Key.

“Kibum honey, please hold on to Ryeowook for me.” She said.

Key nodded and gently grabbed the sleeping Ryeowook from his mother, and held him close to his chest. While Heechul just pouted. Their mother left to go up to the stage, since she was asked to for some demonstration.

“Why do you get to hold our baby brother, Key?” he whispered to his older brother.

“Cause I am the oldest now be quiet and watch.” Key whispered back.

Heechul nodded, before listening to the speaker.

But what surprised them both were his next few words, and his next action.

“This women is an abomination, given powers from our enemies, that could help them, rather then help us. But with that new born of hers having been given the powers of his mother. We should use him to destroy the demons forever.” He said .

Then out of nowhere their father, who had been sitting right beside them, walked behind their mother and shot her in the back. before walking over her body to shoot her head a couple of times.

But the sound of the gunfire had woken up the baby Ryeowook, making him cry. Key immediately pulled him to his chest and hid his head in his chest. He patted his back trying to calm him down.

Their father looked at them and yelled.

“You tell that brat anything about this and you are both dead.”

Ryeowook’s POV

It-It was dad. Dad killed my mom, and treated me as a slave so that they could use my power to help dystroy demons. So he was telling the truth all along.

I thought as I woke up panting and breathing heavily. Sweat was pouring out in waves, like on a massive heat wave. I then started sobbing into my pillow, which in turn woke up Kyuhyun. He quickly pulled me into his chest and rubbed my back.

“baby whats wrong?” he softly asked me.

“I-It’s….m-my….f-fault.” I sobbed, I kept repeating it over and over again.

“What are you talking about Wookie?” he asked.

I knew he was worried, and I knew I had to get these things of my chest. Cause last time I tried to keep something hidden for too long, I ended up having random panic attacks.

So I told him about the dream and then I told him about Eli’s family. I mean I knew Eli told him, I could hear everything they were saying even after I fainted.

Thing is what really happened that day, was when that woman cornered me in an alley, she told me to help her kill Eli’s family. By distracting him, since he was the strongest one there. I refused so she threatened to kill me, I still refused. So she threatened to kill Heechul and Key. I immediately accepted. And when the deed was done I ended up starting to cut. But I stopped when I met Kyuhyun, but I still sobbed at night before I went to bed for years.

And when that woman married my dad, I nearly went into a panic attack.

I just kept on sobbing into his shirt. While he held me tightly, and his grip tightened when I finished my story. I knew he was pissed at them.

In the end I passed out from sobbing. And I knew that when I woke up I would never want to leave this room. After all, someone might get hurt because of me. And I don’t want that to happen. Again.

Kyuhyun’s POV

I am going to ing kill his parents, and I need to get Eli to listen to Ryeowook. Cause there is no way he knew that Ryeowook was being abused by his parents. If he did then he would know what was really going on.

I’ll have to talk to Kevin about Eli. And I am going to ask Key and Heechul about Ryeowook’s mother being killed by his father. The worst part about all of this is that Ryeowook might not want to leave the room again.

I mean he thinks that those people got hurt because of him, but that’s not true. Those weren’t his choices.