Chapter 6

A Good Person

Sana could swear that she wasn't a stalker. It wasn't her fault she was working next to this very beautiful girl and that they took the same bus. She was working at the mall at the clothing store for a few months before this girl appeared. And Sana really tried to get closer to her. But somehow the confident Sana from high school was gone. No matter how much she was preparing herself, just one glance at the beautiful lady froze her. Sana never followed the lady home either. Well, only once. When some creepy guy was staring at the lady and then followed her. Sana needed to make sure that the beautiful lady would be safe. And she left for her home an hour after the creep left. And now, the beautiful lady had a new friend. A friend that was looking at Sana suspiciously and actually scared her a little. For the next few months, Sana tried to keep lowkey. But she was gaining the courage to talk with the lady after a year. And she got her chance at starting a conversation when one day the beautiful lady was alone on the bus. Sana took a few deep breaths and moved towards the seat the lady was sitting on. 
"Hi. My name is Sana." Sana wanted to punch herself for starting this way. Who starts a conversation like that? Now the lady would never want to talk with her. 
"Hi, Mina." Perhaps, Sana didn't think she would get this far. She wasn't sure what to say next. So she settled for another bad choice for words.
"I work at the store next to the arcade." The beautiful lady giggled sweetly and hid behind her hand. And Sana thought that was the most precious sound and sight in the world.
"I know. It's hard not to notice you." Sana laughed awkwardly at the obvious fact. She was embarrassed but she couldn't back out then. She had finally talked to Mina after a year and she wouldn't let it fail.
"Right. I just like to take walks. Eh, is this seat free?" Mina nodded and watched Sana awkwardly sit at the edge of the seat. 
"You can sit on the whole chair. That's what it's for." Sana immediately sat closer to Mina. Though she made sure they weren't touching. She didn't want to make Mina uncomfortable. But she wanted to punch herself again. They were sitting in silence for five minutes and she couldn't bear it. She couldn't just make all that effort and then waste it like that. 
"Your friend isn't here?" Mina shook her head and stared outside the window.
"She had to go home early. Her sister is sick." Sana nodded slowly and stared at Mina in the window. Mina pretended not to notice.
"I hope that her sister will be better soon." Mina smiled at Sana gratefully. Though she was still wondering what Sana actually wanted to do. It was the first time she had ever approached Mina and she had a lot of other opportunities. But Mina couldn't just ask. She was too shy to do that.
"Thank you. I will tell her that. And I have to go now." Sana jumped off the seat and let Mina move. Mina couldn't help but smile at the behavior. 
"Have a great evening, Sana. I will see you tomorrow." Mina then moved to the door and get off the bus. Sana was observing Mina walk as long as she could. She couldn't stop the huge grin that was slowly making its way to Sana's face. She felt all her worries disappear and she decided. That the confident Sana is finally back.

"Hi." Sana walked up to Mina and Jihyo at the bus stop with a huge grin. A grin that told Jihyo to keep an eye on her. 
"Hey, stalker girl." Mina had to choke her laugh because she didn't want to be rude. Sana looked very much offended by the epithet.
"I am not a stalker! We just happen to work close to each other and take the same bus." Sana puffed her cheeks cutely. Jihyo looked at her with a raised eyebrow. 
"Right. That's doesn't sound fake at all." Mina put her hand on Jihyo's arm. She wanted Jihyo to spare Sana from the embarrassment. She understood that Jihyo was just concerned but she never thought that Sana was a hazard to her life.
"I see that you are in a good mood, Sana." Sana's face immediately lightened up and she put all of her attention on Mina. She was just overjoyed that Mina had noticed she was feeling happy. 
"I am happy, thank you. How are you today? If you are not feeling great I can help you with that." Jihyo had to process Sana's words for a moment. It was five months since Sana started talking with them but she was still pretty awkward around Mina. It shocked Jihyo how Sana went from zero to a hundred real quick. Mina was taken aback as well. She expected another bashful answer but Sana was waiting for her answer with a confident smirk. 
"What do you mean?" Jihyo decided to get answers. Sana might've not been a stalker but Jihyo still didn't know if she trusted her. Sana didn't mind that question. She was happy to reply.
"I don't mean anything bad. What type of coffee would you like then?" Jihyo looked at Sana in disbelief. Mina glanced from Sana to Jihyo. She hoped that Jihyo wouldn't throw hands with Sana over that. And that she wouldn't be angry when Mina agrees to this meeting, Sana was blatantly asking her on.
"Mina surely won't-" 
"I like americano." Jihyo couldn't believe that Mina interrupted her. And that she actually was going to agree. What the? Sana's grin got even bigger despite it already being huge. She just couldn't believe Mina was going along. That she wanted to spend time with Sana outside the bus and mall. 
"Perfect. Now I know what to get you at the cafe we are going to." Jihyo sighed deeply. She really couldn't do anything with that. Unless...
"Oh, how nice of you, Sana to take us to the cafe. I like americano as well. Let's go then." Sana stared blankly at Jihyo. Mina found the whole situation hilarious. But she felt bad for Sana. She knew it took a lot for Sana to actually ask her out. But she was sure Jihyo wouldn't step back until she makes sure Sana really isn't a stalker.
"I-, no problem. Let's go then." Sana smiled sweetly at the two girls and gestured for them to follow her. Jihyo locked her arm with Mina and led her after Sana.
"Jihyo. Have some mercy on her." Mina tried to calm Jihyo a little. She didn't want any issues at their meeting. And Jihyo really wouldn't let Sana breath.
"I already have mercy on her, Mina." Mina sighed and let it go. She didn't want to make Jihyo upset. She didn't want to fight with her only friend. 

Jisoo thought she went deaf for a few seconds after Nayeon squealed right into her right ear. Nayeon't voice isn't the quietest and gentlest one. She looked over to Nayeon and saw her staring at her phone with the dumbest smile. And that's when she understood why Nayeon nearly destroyed her hearing.
"What did she say?" Nayeon moved her gaze to her friend and Jisoo could see tears in the actress's eyes. "Why are you crying?" 
"She apologized for not answering earlier. She was very busy. But she is free now and if I want I can meet with her. Because Tzuyu is already in bed. And I have to attend dinner with Jinyoung." Nayeon was devastated. It was unfair. It was Nayeonphobic. Why was life her biggest anti? Jisoo couldn't look at Nayeon in that state. She had to do something. So she took her phone and called Jinyoung. 
"Good evening, Jinyoung. I am sorry to give you this news but Nayeon won't be able to attend the dinner. I think she ate something spoiled. No, I will handle it. You should stay at home. It is an hour-long drive here. Yes, she's next to me." Nayeon couldn't believe Jisoo did that. She had never expected her friend to lie to her boyfriend. But she was grateful. So grateful that she couldn't explain it. Jisoo passed the phone to Nayeon.
"Hey, Nayeon. I am sorry I can't come to you right now. Just go to bed immediately and rest. I will see you in the morning." Jinyoung sounded very much concerned. And it made Nayeon feel bad a little bit for lying. 
"Hey. I will do just that. Don't worry about me too much. I will see you tomorrow then. Goodnight." Jisoo watched Nayeon the whole time. She never talked to Nayeon about that. About Jinyoung. They started dating 3 years ago and Jisoo remembers that Jinyoung fell for Nayeon at first sight. And Nayeon was happy. But was that the point? Jisoo should talk with Nayeon about that someday. Why she was still with Jinyoung if she didn't love him? 
"I ing love you." Nayeon said after she ended the call with Jinyoung. Jisoo smiled brightly at her. She was happy. Nayeon had that look in her eyes. That smile. She knew she made the right decision. Momo better not it up. Or Jisoo would have a talk with her.
"Thank you. You should get ready then. You don't want Momo to wait, right?" Nayeon pulled Jisoo in for a tight hug. She couldn't express how grateful she was. She had to make it up to Jisoo soon.
"Okay. I will go then. Oh my God. Why am I so nervous? Ah! Okay. Calm down, Nayeon. You got this." Jisoo watched Nayeon walk away. She had to shook her head at the way Nayeon was talking to herself. 
"Get it, Nabongs!" Nayeon shot her fist in the air and left the room. Jisoo just went back to watching Nayeon's drama.

"Mina, let's talk." Sana said as soon as Mina walked into their room after putting Tzuyu to bed. Mina sighed internally. She sat on the bed and prepared herself for the inevitable.
"What is it?" Sana also had to prepare herself. She knew that even if she told Mina she knew what happened with Jihyo, Mina would dismiss her.
"I have talked with Jihyo. She told me what happened." Mina looked away. She should have predicted that. Of course, Sana would do something like that. But Mina had to defend her friend. Jihyo didn't do anything wrong. It was her fault. Mina was pressuring her and tried to force her to talk.
"Sana, listen. I am not angry with Jihyo. I was inconsiderate. I pressured her and she felt like I am forcing her. I shouldn't have done that. It's not Jihyo's fault. So please, don't be angry with her." All that Sana could think then was here we go again. Why couldn't she help Mina change this mindset? Why was Mina always blaming herself? How was that her fault? Sana couldn't comprehend that.
"No, Mina. This is not your fault. Jihyo acted wrong. I know that she yelled at you. This is on her." Mina didn't want to hear it. She couldn't accept that. Sana was just saying all of this because they were together. 
"She is in a difficult time. Of course, she won't like anyone pressuring her." Mina wanted to say more but Sana interrupted her.
"You were not pressuring her. How is telling her you are here for her and that she can trust you, that you would help her with everything pressuring her? Mina, stop blaming yourself for what happens to others. You are not Jesus. You can't fix everything. Sometimes you should just let go and don't get involved because you just end up being hurt. And I ing hate that." Only when Sana stopped talking she understood that she shouldn't have said any of it. Mina stayed silent. She lowered her head. 
"I am sorry, Sana. I didn't mean to do that. I am always doing something wrong. Please, don't be upset with me." Sana embraced Mina immediately and started caressing her head. She really did it. She triggered the same thing in Mina she tried to eliminate.
"No, no, Mitang. Don't apologize. Oh my God. I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. You didn't do anything wrong ever in your life. Please, believe me." Mina held back. She tried her best not to cry. She didn't want to upset Sana more. It's not that she didn't believe Sana's words. She just couldn't get rid of the thoughts that were telling her that she was the one to blame. Sana was afraid to let go of Mina. She couldn't explain why. But she just thought that if she let go something bad might happen. Both of them hoped that Momo was having fun with Nayeon. They wanted her to enjoy this opportunity to be happy.

Momo was proud of herself. She wasn't awkward since Nayeon picked her up from the work. They went for a walk in the park. Honestly, it wasn't anything much. But the lightened park created a, well, kinda romantic atmosphere. Though it wasn't like that to them, definitely. It was just the other couples that were strolling around the park. Yep, that's what it was. 
"I am so glad I was able to come here." Nayeon said when they stopped on the bridged. They watched the lightened fountain that was placed in the middle of the river. It looked magical.
"I never really thought that you might be busy. I am glad I didn't interrupt anything." Momo's words brought a little guilt to Nayeon. She thought about Jinyoung that was probably worrying about her. She sighed heavily and it concerned Momo. "I did interrupt something."
"No, no. You didn't. It was a sigh of relief. I needed to relax. And you gave me that opportunity. Thank you." Momo could see that there was something that was bothering Nayeon. But she didn't doubt that Nayeon was grateful for that meeting. 
"Thank you as well. I thought you might be upset that I never replied. I am glad you are not like Sana. She would call me ten thousand times and then she would never let it go." Nayeon smiled softly when Momo started laughing. She loved the way Momo's smiles and laughs were so genuine. There was no lie about her. And it might've been very attractive to Nayeon. 
"Jisoo would think I am dead if I didn't reply to her. She was once ready to call the police." Momo had to laugh the image that appeared in her head. She was sure it would've been embarrassing if Jisoo actually called the police. 
"You are very close to Jisoo. It is nice to know you can be close to your managers." Nayeon nodded. She would always remember the day she met Jisoo. She was just a beginner and Jisoo was new to her job as well. They grow in their professions together. But Nayeon couldn't really tell when they transitioned from artist manager to friends. 
"Jisoo is the closest person to me. We live together, work together, hang out together. We are glued to each other. I don't have a lot of time to see my family to I am happy to have her." Momo understood Nayeon's feelings. It made sense for them to get close like that. She felt sad though because she could hear the longing in Nayeon's voice when she mentioned her family. She felt sad for Nayeon but it also reminded her about her family. 
"You love your family. I am happy you know how much they mean to you. You should see them soon. You would cheer up a lot." Nayeon was a little surprised. Momo was right. With everything. She wanted to see them. She didn't like one thing though. That Momo became silent after talking about family. 
"I will see them soon. Do you see your parents a lot? I mean, Tzuyu probably loves to hang out with her grandparents." Momo never talked about her parents to others. She never felt comfortable with it. But somehow she felt like she could tell Nayeon everything. That she wouldn't have to tell Nayeon their whole family history. That Nayeon wouldn't force her to say everything.
"She would love to see her grandparents not just on the photos. Mina and I would love to see them again. But we can't do that for 6 years. They are gone." Nayeon said something she shouldn't again. She should have just left it at her family.  
"I am sorry, Momo. I shouldn't have asked." Momo grasped Nayeon's hand and squeezed it. It was definitely unexpected and Nayeon froze.
"It's okay. I wouldn't have answered if I wasn't comfortable. You had no idea about that. And it's been 6 years. Well, our father died 8 years ago, our mother 6. I am just happy I have Tzuyu, Mina, and Sana. I wouldn't have got through without them." Momo felt like she could talk about her feelings then. She felt comfortable with Nayeon and it was shocking to her. But Nayeon held her hand back and she waited for Momo to continue. "I remember when I met Mina for the first time and how much happiness we brought to her life. She isn't my biological sister but it never mattered. So I couldn't accept it. That she lost her parents like that. I mean, it was excruciating to me and I didn't do my job. I wanted to give Mina comfort but she was the one taking care of me."
"Thank you for telling me this. Momo, don't blame yourself for anything. I am sure that you have taken care of Mina as well. You just never noticed. I think you are brave and that you are incredible." Nayeon didn't think much about it and pulled Momo for a hug. She felt Momo's arms circle around her waist slowly. Nayeon decided to hold her for as long as Momo wanted. She wanted to give Momo comfort. In her mind appeared a small thought that she would want to give Momo comfort always. Momo felt strangely safe in Nayeon's arms. She definitely liked that feeling. She might've enjoyed it a little too much. But maybe it wasn't a bad thing.


"I see that your date went well." Jisoo said as soon as she saw a grinning Nayeon walk into the house. Nayeon sat next to Jisoo on the sofa. 
"It wasn't a date. But it went very well. She is totally precious. And she told me that she wants to see me more often. With Tzuyu of course." Jisoo was nearly blinded by how bright Nayeon's smile was. That's exactly how she wanted Nayeon to be every day. And perhaps she would be able to see her be that way more. Since it seemed like Momo wouldn't let go of their relationship. Whatever it was that was going on between Nayeon and Momo was great. Jisoo had to make sure it would stay that way. She would make sure that neither Nayeon nor Momo would let this die.
"I am happy. Make sure to always feel that way, Nayeon." Nayeon was a little confused. She had no idea what Jisoo meant by that. But they both were happy then and it was what mattered.
"I will. Do you want to know how long we were hugging? Oh my God." Jisoo shook her head but a huge grin appeared on her face.
"Sure. Tell me all about that."


The next two months passed differently for everyone. Nayeon was getting happier with every passing day. She was meeting Momo and Tzuyu every day. She was eating dinners at the Hirai household and she couldn't feel more at home. All of them made her feel accepted. It was obvious that Momo felt the same way. She was the happiest she had ever been. And it was obvious to anyone else that Nayeon and Momo were feeling more than just friendship at that point. But the two of them didn't want to rush anything. They insisted that they are just friends. Jihyo had a lot of time to think about her behavior. She tried to apologize to Mina but Sana never let her do it. Though she couldn't blame her. She just hoped that one day Mina would appear to pick Tzuyu up. The two months brought up a lot of changes but also some things remained the same. And it was the most terrifying thing about that.