Chapter 11

A Good Person

Right after they got home Jihyo dragged Jeongyeon to her room without saying anything to the two little girls. Dahyun was obviously staring at the closed door the whole time. No matter how hard Chaeyoung tried to distract her. It had been a long time since the two women disappeared so Chaeyoung was a little worried as well. Jeongyeon and Jihyo did that a lot though. Dahyun really wished that Jihyo would finally talk to her. Nothing changed regarding communication. Dahyun understood that she was still young but she could definitely help Jihyo somehow. She thought that Jihyo might start acting differently after their mother started waiting for them every day but she didn't. The biggest hope Dahyun received from Mina. It was obvious that Dahyun and Chaeyoung were eavesdropping on the two talking. And it sounded like Mina had fixed their problem. What if their mother really went to that rehab and she would change when she was finished with it? Dahyun couldn't remember how it was being held by their mother. And she wanted to experience something like that. But not right then. Their mother was scary sometimes and Dahyun didn't want to meet her. But there were rare times when their mother wasn't drunk. And somehow then Dahyun wasn't scared of her. But Jihyo still didn't let them meet then. She understood why but she still wanted to try to talk with their mother.
"They might be talking about what Mina said." Chaeyoung finally gave up on distracting Dahyun. She decided that perhaps talking about their problem would be the best after all. And it worked. Dahyun took her gaze off of the door and looked at Chaeyoung.
"I wish Jihyo wouldn't exclude me from everything." Dahyun didn't mean to sound so whiny but she couldn't help it. Chaeyoung scratched her head trying to think of the best words. 
"Jeongyeon said that sometimes you don't include the people you love in some things to protect them. Maybe Jihyo is doing that." After a while of thinking, Dahyun thought that it could be true. But she still hated to see Jihyo crying and being helpless. 
"She still could let me hug her when she's crying or even when she's not." Chaeyoung put her arms around Dahyun to give her comfort. Dahyun reciprocated the hug and they just sat in that position. 
On the other side of the door, Jeongyeon and Jihyo were having a serious conversation. Or perhaps tried to. Jeongyeon definitely didn't like the idea of Jihyo and Dahyun moving in with the Hirai's. She didn't have anything against them. Tzuyu was the cutest thing and Mina was obviously Jihyo's friend. Momo and Sana also had to be great. But Jeongyeon didn't really know them. Okay, it wasn't about that but Jeongyeon couldn't confess that to Jihyo. It would be embarrassing to admit that Jeongyeon doesn't want that because she wouldn't be Jihyo's support anymore. And it was a little silly, she knew that. But she was there for Jihyo since they were little kids. Jeongyeon really didn't want to be jealous. It just happened on its own.
"Come on. Sana made a lot of sense. She can say peculiar things sometimes but really this time she was right." Jihyo's voice was exasperated. She couldn't get through Jeongyeon's head. She didn't understand how living with your good friend was risky. And to let alone that friend was a police officer. Jeongyeon was closer to just saying what was on her mind. But she still stopped herself. She didn't want to stop being needed by Jihyo and Dahyun. And why would she be needed when Mina, Momo, and Sana would be there all the time. 
"Jeongyeon, tell me what it really is about. I don't believe you don't Mina." Jeongyeon had to take a deep breath to gain some courage. There was no getting out of that situation. 
"If you two will go live with them I won't be needed anymore." Jihyo was taken aback. She never thought like that. Jeongyeon lowered her head not to look at Jihyo. 
"What are you talking about? Why wouldn't you be needed anymore?" Jeongyeon sighed. She really had to spell it out to Jihyo. But that was exactly the thing she didn't want to do. She didn't want to look vulnerable around Jihyo. 
"There you will have Mina, Sana, and Momo. They would help you with everything. I wouldn't have to take care of Dahyun when it's necessary. I  wouldn't have to sleepover at your place. I wouldn't have to help you make groceries. I wouldn't have to walk you home." Jihyo put her hands on Jeongyeon's shoulders to stop the rambling. Jeongyeon still refused to meet Jihyo's eyes though. 
"Jeongyeon, are you kidding me? If yes, then it's your lamest joke. Why would all of that happen? Just because I will be living somewhere else doesn't mean you will stop being my best friend. I will still rely on you the most. And I think it will be a good opportunity for you to meet them all." Jihyo's words sounded great. Jeongyeon didn't have any reason not to believe Jihyo as well. She felt really silly about it. She hoped that Jihyo wouldn't make fun of her for the rest of their lives.
"I am serious. I just don't want to be unneeded." Jihyo shook Jeongyeon's shoulders and startled her as a result. 
"You are needed and will be. Seriously. And who is going to help me move into their house?" Jeongyeon smiled softly and finally glanced up at Jihyo. She felt relieved for sure. She embraced Jihyo and patted her head. Jihyo couldn't help but laugh a little. Though she also thought about how easy it all seemed. Would that really be the key to solve their problem? The hardest part was that Jihyo had to meet their mother soon. To talk with her. To convince her that rehab was the best option. And if that wouldn't work, she would have to file for the restraining order. Which was something she wanted to avoid if she could.


"Isn't it Nayeon?" Tzuyu's words couldn't annoy Momo more. She refused to look in the way of the actress. Momo and Tzuyu went walk Gucci out. And Momo never intended to meet Nayeon. Jisoo also didn't like the whole plan. She really thought that Momo would call Mina to arrest Nayeon for stalking. They were walking behind Momo and Tzuyu for a few minutes already. Nayeon was trying to gain courage and walk up to them. But it didn't work that well. At some point, Momo picked up her speed and Nayeon grabbed Jisoo's hand dragged her along. Jisoo really didn't sign up for things like that when she began her work. Tzuyu had to giggle when she saw Nayeon and Jisoo mimic what they did. But then she remembered that she was upset with Nayeon and stopped laughing. The actress finally decided to approach them when Gucci stopped them close to a big tree.
"Momo, Tzuyu. What a nice day, right? So I thought we could go to-" Momo turned around and Nayeon nearly fell back. She backed away a little to make Momo more comfortable and smiled. She just hoped that the smile wasn't too awkward.
"We can't. You should take your boyfriend." Momo's eyes could kill. Well, at least Nayeon. The actress was worried that it might backfire but Mina told her not to give up. So she kept her smile on and didn't give up.
"I don't have a boyfriend. I broke up with him. So, there is this-" Nayeon was interrupted again. Momo frowned at her and Nayeon was sure she said something wrong.
"So what? Now that you broke up with him, we are going to be okay? Sorry, Nayeon." Then Momo turned around and walked away. Nayeon didn't even have a chance to answer. Tzuyu looked back at Nayeon and Jisoo for a moment. Nayeon smiled at her apologetically and Tzuyu waved at them before turning her head around. Nayeon thought that was a good sign. 
"Alright. That was a failure." Jisoo rolled her eyes. As if it wasn't obvious enough without saying. Nayeon clasped her hands and after a while, she headed back to their car. Jisoo just followed her. She wanted to say something to cheer Nayeon up but she changed her mind when her friend sat behind the wheel. Jisoo had a bad feeling about that. Nayeon waved at her to pick up her speed and Jisoo took a deep breath before entering the car. And she was right. 
"Nayeon, hell no. Turn around." Nayeon didn't listen though. She parked the car and exited it. Jisoo massaged her temples and prayed that Nayeon won't do anything stupid and followed Nayeon. They entered the Police department and Jisoo looked around nervously. Nayeon didn't look bothered at all. She just walked up to the receptionist and smiled sweetly. 
"Good evening. I am looking for Miss Hirai." Jisoo was totally embarrassed. She really couldn't tell what was sitting in Nayeon's head.  The receptionist looked them up and down and seemed to recognize Nayeon. 
"Good evening. May I know what is your business with Miss Hirai?" Jisoo was sure that the receptionist wouldn't let them see Mina without a good reason. And she didn't believe Nayeon would even give a decent reason. 
"I have some important stuff to talk with her about. It's personal and I would prefer to tell only her." That totally didn't sound suspicious. Jisoo started praying that Mina would just appear there and took care of that. 
"Nayeon, Jisoo. Did something happened?" And perhaps there was a God after all. Mina walked up to them and Nayeon waved at her enthusiastically.
"My sister-in-law. Just who I was looking for." The receptionist shot Mina an amused look and Jisoo finally understood what Nayeon meant by saying she ain't gonna be Im soon. Mina didn't mind when Nayeon called her that when they were alone. But there were a lot of people at that moment. And that made Mina anxious a little. She gestured for Nayeon and Jisoo to follow her. The actress walked after her unbothered but Jisoo was very much embarrassed. When they were inside some room Mina closed the door and sighed.
"What happened?" Nayeon immediately started sulking when Mina asked. Jisoo met Mina's gaze and so the manager started talking.
"We went to talk to Momo." And Jisoo got interrupted by Nayeon's dramatic voice.
"And it was a disaster." Nayeon put her arms around Mina's waist then and Jisoo had to facepalm. Mina looked rather uncomfortable with Nayeon clinging on to her but she patted her back nonetheless. Jisoo also patted Nayeon's head to comfort her friend.
"You just have to keep trying. Just don't give up, okay?" Nayeon nodded into Mina's chest and sniffed a few times. Jisoo hit Nayeon on the head then and looked at an even more uncomfortable Mina. But the officer only smiled and shook her head indicating that it was okay.
"You are wearing Momo's perfume." Jisoo then dragged Nayeon away from Mina before the officer actually kicked them out. But Mina was still smiling at them. Jisoo was really impressed with this woman. How much patience could she have? To tolerate Nayeon's stupid behavior.
"It was a gift from her. She liked the scent and decided to get the same one." Nayeon nodded and then furrowed her brows. She just got an idea. She just had to ask Mina about it. Nayeon might've as well been a genius. Her mind surprised her sometimes.
"I know what I could do. I will buy Momo a jokbal factory." Nayeon looked very much proud of herself. But Mina and Jisoo shared a look. A look that communicated, is Nayeon truly sane? 
"Please, don't do that. I think it is too much. Just do something, minimalistic." Mina tried to stop Nayeon from doing something stupid and Jisoo felt bad for her. Now Mina also had to deal with Nayeon's peculiar behavior. But then she realized that if Momo would really forgive Nayeon then they would be a family. And she couldn't decide if it was a good thing. Or a catastrophe.
"I see. I will dress as a jokbal." Jisoo actually needed to sit and think for a moment. Why was Nayeon like that? Mina was sure that somehow Momo would like that though. But she wasn't sure if that was the best idea anyway. Albeit she needed to end their conversation. 
"You know what? You do that. I am sure Momo would like that. I need to go now though. Take care you two." Nayeon nodded fast and gave Mina another quick hug. Jisoo settled for a wave of her hand though. Then Mina opened the door and let the two walk out first. That's when the three split up. Nayeon had a new plan and she was very much ready to accomplish it. And Jisoo prayed again. She prayed that she wouldn't have to dress like meat as well.

When Jihyo and Jeongyeon finally went out of the room they saw Dahyun and Chaeyoung sitting hugged on the floor. Jihyo kneeled next to them with a concerned expression and she patted the little girls' heads. Dahyun and Chaeyoung separated then and stared at Jihyo.
"What's wrong?" The little girls shook their heads. Jeongyeon sat on the floor in front of the kids as well. But Dahyun and Chaeyoung still didn't say anything. So Jihyo decided to drop the big news on them.
"We were talking about something important." Jihyo waited for the two girls to nod or give her any other sign that they understood before explaining what it was about. "Dahyun, we are going to move in with Tzuyu." Dahyun and Chaeyoung looked at Jihyo with big eyes. Jeongyeon smiled at the sight because she could tell Dahyun would be overjoyed. Jihyo nodded a few times to confirm further that they truly were moving.
"Living with Tzuyu?! This is amazing." Dahyun threw herself on Jihyo and squeezed her tightly. Jihyo held back as tight as she could not to hurt the little girl. Chaeyoung was happy as well even though she wouldn't be moving with them as well. She saw how happy Dahyun looked and it was enough for her. 
"You will play with Tzuyu all day long from now on." Dahyun nodded into Jihyo's shoulder and then pulled away. Her expression was serious all of a sudden and it worried Jihyo a little bit. 
"What about mother?" Jihyo looked away and it annoyed Dahyun. She thought Jihyo might've finally wanted to talk. But it wasn't the case apparently. "You never tell me anything. This is unfair." 
"Dahyun. I will try to talk with her and convince her to stop doing what she is doing now. But I am not sure if it will work. So there is a chance we won't see her again. Because she would be forbidden from approaching us." It was shocking for all of them. That Jihyo actually told Dahyun what was happening. Jihyo didn't want to upset Dahyun again. 
"I hope you will convince her." Jihyo patted Dahyun on the head. She understood what Dahun meant. It wasn't like Jihyo didn't want their mother to be like before again. She just had a hard time believing that their mother could change after those years. 
"I will try my best, okay? We will be fine even if I won't. We have so many other people with us. But let's not think about this right now. We have to pack ourselves. We will move tomorrow." Dahyun smiled softly at Jihyo and then got up and grabbed Chaeyoung's hand. The two kids ran to Dahyun's room to definitely pack all of the toys they owned. Jeongyeon put her hand on Jihyo's shoulder. Jihyo glanced at her and saw a serious expression.
"I will go with you. When you will go to talk to your mother." Jihyo knew it wasn't debatable. So she could only agree. She would feel braver with Jeongyeon there for sure. Jihyo grasped Jeongyeon's hand on her shoulder and squeezed it. 
"Thank you. Let's see what they are packing. I am kinda worried that they will try to fit everything in one backpack." Jeongyeon laughed imagining that was exactly what was happening. The two women headed for the room and heard how the two little girls were struggling to put something in the backpack. Jihyo and Jeongyeon looked at each other and sighed. It was going to be a long evening.


"Isn't that Nayeon and Jisoo?" Tzuyu couldn't hold her laugh when she saw the actress and her manager. Momo went with Tzuyu to the park so that Tzuyu could play on the playground. But of course, Nayeon didn't learn from yesterday. Momo had hidden her face when she saw what the two were wearing. She took Tzuyu's hand and tried to ran away before Nayeon called them. 
"What a coincidence. Momo, Tzuyu. It's always the best part of the day when I can see you." It was too late. Tzuyu started to laugh even more when Nayeon made a funny face at her. Nayeon was overjoyed that the little girl was giving her just the reaction she wanted.
"What the hell are you two doing?" Momo, on the other hand, didn't give the reaction she hoped for. Momo looked from Nayeon and Jisoo. The actress looked unbothered about the entire situation. Jisoo looked like she wanted someone to kill her. 
"We are Mrs. Jokbal and Mrs. Gucci." Nayeon exclaimed throwing her hands in the air. She was very proud of the costumes. Jisoo really wanted someone to come and kill her there. She didn't care about anything else. 
"Really?! That's so cool. Gucci give me a hand!" Tzuyu jumped in place happily and squealed when Jisoo gave her the hand. Okay, so maybe this whole thing wasn't that bad after all. Jisoo smiled at the little girl and decided to do whatever she wanted. Nayeon looked at Tzuyu as if she was the most precious thing in the world. And Momo would lie if she said that she didn't like that. But she still was upset. Nayeon turned to Momo with the brightest smile and Momo wanted to run away again.
"How do you like my costume?" Nayeon stood with her arms extended and Momo had to take a deep breath. She looked around and saw the people staring at them. 
"Nayeon. Please, can you not do things like that? I am not going to be your rebound. Just leave me alone." Nayeon's arms slowly fell down. As well as her face. Momo felt her heart hurt when saw that. But she couldn't cower. 
"You are not my rebound. Momo just-" Momo raised her hand to keep Nayeon quiet. Nayeon didn't protest. Tzuyu was still playing with Jisoo and was scratching her chin. Momo took her hand and then lifted her up. Tzuyu didn't really want to go. But she knew that her mommy was still upset with Nayeon so she didn't protest. She waved to Nayeon and Jisoo the whole way they could still see her. Nayeon and Jisoo waved with smiles. Tzuyu knew that they weren't real though. 
"Mommy, why won't talk with Nayeon?" Momo was surprised by the question. She couldn't really answer it. She held Tzuyu tighter in her arms. 
"I will later. It's too early." Tzuyu didn't understand what that meant but she nodded anyway. She hoped that later would be faster than she thought. Tzuyu could tell that Nayeon really loved them. And she definitely wasn't upset with Nayeon anymore.