Chapter 5

A Good Person

Namo's conversation and the meeting will be in the next chapter. I hope you don't mind that. I thought that this chapter should end here. I hope you will enjoy this chapter. 

 

 

 

 

The city malls were definitely the most popular job spot for students. Jihyo was one of those people. She actually had to take whatever job she could get. She needed to do it for Dahyun. After two months all the savings their mother had ended. Jihyo realized how much she needs to spend to live decently only after their mother left. And she couldn't keep taking money from Jeongyeon. Jihyo had a problem though. Perhaps working at an arcade wasn't her forte. She didn't know anything about the games that were there so her boss put her at the register. Then she had a problem with dealing with it. So she ended up greeting the customers and pointing them to an employee that knew more than Jihyo. She was very grateful that her boss didn't fire her immediately.
"Hey. You are Jihyo, right?" A beautiful girl approached her. She stood there paralyzed. Did someone point this girl to her? But they know that Jihyo didn't know anything. The girl figured out that Jihyo won't answer so she continued. "I am Mina. I am here to give you an orientation. Just give me five minutes to change and I will be back." Jihyo nodded slowly and that made Mina laugh. Jihyo observed the girl walk away and was able to breathe again. An orientation? So she wouldn't lose her job. That made her relieved. But then she had to go the whole day with this pretty girl. She was telling herself that it wasn't the time for that. She was there for Dahyun. She would do everything to keep that job. Mina came back quickly and the orientation began. Jihyo was surprised at how much the girl knew about the games and everything that was related to the arcade. What was a big relief was that Mina never laughed at her. Mina was very patient and repeated everything until Jihyo understood. And at the end of the day, Jihyo was proud of herself. She would have the job to keep Dahyun's life good.
"Why did you take this job? You are definitely not into games." Mina asked her when they were getting ready. Jihyo tried to think of any excuse. Just so that she didn't have to say the truth. But what would she say? She was never good at lying.
"I was only accepted here." It wasn't exactly a lie. She was working at other stores in the mall but she was fired from all of them. The reason being Jihyo leaving in the middle of her shift because Dahyun needed her. She hoped that this time her boss would be more understanding.
"I see. It's a shame. You are great. You learned everything in just one day. At least we will have a great employee here. The rest should be jealous." Mina giggled awkwardly and hid her face from Jihyo. That girl was really interesting. 
"Thank you. I had a great teacher though. I would still be standing in the entrance saying hi to the customers if it wasn't for you." Mina shook her head fast. 
"No, I didn't do much. It's all you. Eh, are you going to the bus station?" Jihyo smiled at the awkwardness of Mina. She could tell they would be good friends. 
"Yes. We can go together." The two made their way to the exit. Jihyo's attention was caught by a girl that ran back to the store next to the arcade as soon as they went outside. Jihyo had noticed the same girl pass by the arcade several times that day. She was always moving slowly and trying to find someone in the arcade. So when Mina and Jihyo were waiting for the bus and the same girl was standing a few steps behind them, Jihyo decided to ask Mina about that.
"What's up with this girl?" Mina looked around and seemed to understand what Jihyo was asking about. But Mina could only shrug.
"Honestly, I don't know. But I am starting to believe she is stalking me." Mina's answer made Jihyo concerned. And why was Mina talking about being stalked so nonchalantly? Wasn't that a serious thing. 
"And you are not worried?" Jihyo watched Mina think for a moment. 
"I don't know how dangerous she really is. She trips over her feet at least ten times a day and she gushes over children and puppies. She even helps the elders walk and find the right directions." It really didn't sound dangerous. But Jihyo still thought that it was a little creepy. She decided that she would keep her eyes on that girl. To make sure Mina would be safe. "She actually takes the same bus as me. And I always catch her staring at me. Then she pretends she was reading the information." 
"I think I will take the same bus as you then." Mina giggled softly. She understood why Jihyo wanted to do that. Though she never felt unsafe with that weird girl. Jihyo did as promised. She got on the bus with Mina and kept a watch on the stalker girl. That weird girl stared at the door as if her life depended on it and never dared to glance at Mina and Jihyo. Mina got off the bus first and Jihyo saw the girl avert her eyes to the ground. Jihyo stayed on the bus until the stalker girl was inside. She was relieved nothing bad happened but she would keep her watch on that girl. When Jihyo entered her apartment she was met with Jeongyeon wiping the floors. 
"What happened?" Jeongyeon raised her head and smiled at Jihyo. She got up and wiped the sweat from her forehead.
"Dahyun and Chaeyoung decided to water the floor after I told them it's made from wood, like trees. And and trees need water, which they can't get inside the building. Well, how was your day?" Jihyo could tell it was a long day for her friend. Taking care of two two-year-olds wasn't an easy job. 
"Good news. I will keep my job. Bad news, my colleague has a stalker." Jeongyeon's face went from happy to confused. Jihyo walked further into the apartment without waiting for an answer. Jeongyeon shook her head and went after her friend.
"Dahyun and Chaeyoung are sleeping already. Though Dahyun was deadset on waiting until you come back." Dahyun was definitely the cutest little sister. But Jihyo was glad the little girl was sleeping. She didn't want Dahyun to lose sleep because of her.
"Good. I will be home early tomorrow. So I can pick the girls from the daycare." Jihyo was happy to be able to spend the day with the little girls and Jeongyeon after a busy week. 
"Great. You will tell them that the floors don't need to be watered."

 

"Jihyo, please. I know you weren't just taking a break from walking." Mina couldn't understand why Jihyo was so defensive. They knew each other for a while and surely could trust them. Jihyo had already told them about their family situation. Well, a little bit. They knew that Jihyo's parents were divorced and that they didn't keep in touch with their daughters.
"I am honest. I just felt a little dizzy." Jihyo's excuse was very cheap and the two other women could tell. 
"Should we go to the hospital then?" Sana didn't just say that to bust Jihyo's excuse. She was a little worried that Jihyo might've needed to be checked up.
"No. I am fine now. Anyway, it's past midnight. We should all rest." Jihyo looked from Mina to Sana. The two women were sitting on Jihyo's both sides. She was lying wrapped in a duvet and she barely could move.
"We will talk in the morning then. Don't think you will escape that." Mina tried to sound threatening. But how was she supposed to sound or look like that? With her soft voice and beautiful face? Sana had to fight her laughter and she saw that Jihyo also tried not to smile. "We are here for you, Jihyo. Please, trust us. We will help you." 
"Thank you, Mina. Sleep well, you two." Sana grasped Mina's hand and pulled her up. Mina caressed Jihyo's head before actually going with Sana.
"Sleep tight, Jihyo." Jihyo smiled brightly at Mina.
"Goodnight." Jihyo then sent her smile at Sana. She watched the two leave the room hand in hand. Jihyo was happy for the two. They were truly a lovely couple. She took a deep breath and her side. She tried to fall asleep while thinking about everything. Everything that happened in her life.

 

Jihyo woke up early to escape the interrogation that Mina planned for the morning. She was sure that everyone else was still asleep and she could just leave without a problem. But as always she had underestimated Mina. 
"Good morning, Jihyo." Mina was standing by the kitchen counter with a mug in her hand. She took another one from the counter and passed it to Jihyo. Or tried to. Jihyo didn't take it. "I thought it'll be easier to talk over a coffee." 
"Mina, I told you there is nothing to talk about. I should get home to prepare myself for work though. Thank you for yesterday." Jihyo tried to walk out of the room but Mina grasped her wrist.
"I know it was not nothing. Please, trust me. You can't rely on me. What happened yesterday?" Jihyo didn't mean to burst out like that after Mina's plead. She didn't mean to be rude to her friend. She just wanted Mina to let go. She was ashamed of her family problems. Also, she didn't want to burden Mina with anything.
"Why can't you just ing let go? This is none of your business. I don't need your help." Mina let go of Jihyo's wrist. She crossed her arms over her chest and lowered her head. Jihyo immediately wanted to apologize. To hug Mina and say everything.
"I understand. Have a nice day, Jihyo." Jihyo watched Mina leave the kitchen being completely frozen. She couldn't do anything at that moment. But she also knew she couldn't stay there. She had to leave. She had surely damaged her friendship with Mina. So, she left the house with an empty head. She was going back to her apartment on an autopilot. She just needed to see Dahyun.

 

"Morning, Mitang. Where is Jihyo?" Sana walked into the living room and was alarmed. There was no Jihyo and Mina didn't look happy at all. Though as soon as Mina heard Sana's voice she forced her best smile and got up.
"She needed to go home. She has to be at work soon and she wanted to prepare herself." Sana didn't believe Mina's words and her expression. She could feel something was off. Albeit she was convinced Mina wouldn't tell her anything then.
"Are you sure? What did she tell you?" Mina put on even bigger walls after that. 
"She told me it was really nothing. I think we should not force her to tell us. I will go wake Tzuyu and Momo up." Sana didn't even try stopping Mina from walking away. She didn't want to create an argument. She just decided she would have to talk with Jihyo then. And she would not let Jihyo go easy. 

 

Nayeon had a busy day again. And she never hated it more than she did that day. She wanted to cancel all of her schedules but it wasn't possible. No one would let her just cancel everything for no good reason. Even if for Nayeon it was a very good reason. She was checking her phone every 5 minutes to see if Momo had finally replied and ended Nayeon's misery. And she was disappointed when she didn't see any new messages. But it was fine. Momo wasn't entitled to answer her or do anything with Nayeon. 
"Why are you so agitated? Are you waiting for some important news?" Jisoo just couldn't let her live, could she? Nayeon just breathed and her friend was making fun of her. 
"Very funny." Nayeon rolled her eyes and checked her make-up for the filming. Jisoo just tried to lift the mood a little. Nayeon was upset for some reason. Well, because Momo gave her no answer yet. But it was just noon. Momo could just be busy working and didn't want to reply too early to Nayeon.
"Give her some more time. I am sure that Momo will reply soon. Then you can cheer up." Nayeon didn't doubt that Jisoo was right. Albeit she couldn't just stop this feeling. She wanted to see Momo and Tzuyu already and just talk about whatever. She just enjoyed their company. 
"You're right. She might just answer when she will end her shift." Jisoo smiled at Nayeon letting her know that it was the correct way of handling the situation. 
"Then get up. We should move to the filming spot." Nayeon put her phone on the table and did as Jisoo told her. She put on her act as soon as she walked onto the set. No one would tell that Nayeon was acting the whole time not just for her role.

 

"I mean. You have ed up a little." Jeongyeon definitely wasn't sugar coating anything. Jihyo asked her friend to come to the kindergarten earlier, just to be able to talk with Jeongyeon as soon as the last kid leaves. 
"Tell me something I don't know. I had to lie to Momo when she brought Tzuyu today. I felt awful. Though Tzuyu hugged me to cheer me up." Both Jihyo and Jeongyeon looked over to the three little girls, doing something for sure. They were all making animal noises and were walking around on the carpet with their knees and hands.
"You can't just leave it like that. I mean, Mina is your friend, right? You can rely on her for sure. I know that she wouldn't ridicule you. She just wants to help you. You know, because she cares for you." Jihyo hated how right Jeongyeon was. She knew all of that but she couldn't help but feel like she would put too much weight on Mina. Jihyo had already made a lot of people's lives difficult. She thought it was enough.
"I am so useless. God. I always do this." Jeongyeon put her arm around Jihyo and squeezed her. She hated that situation but she felt like she couldn't do much. Jihyo had to want on her own. She couldn't just force her to go to Mina and tell her everything. Jihyo glanced at outside and her stomach dropped. Jeongyeon noticed as well. And she saw an opportunity in that. 
"Go walk Tzuyu for me." Jihyo tried to get herself out of that difficult situation. But Jeongyeon remained in her position. She smiled sweetly and pushed Jihyo in the direction of the door.
"Nope. You gotta face it yourself." Jihyo shook her head frantically and grabbed Jeongyeon's shoulders.
"I will die if I go there." Jeongyeon couldn't believe how ridiculous Jihyo was acting. She didn't want Jihyo to run away from her problems all the time. She took Jihyo's hands off of her shoulders and guided her to the door. 
"Tzuyu! Your auntie is here." Tzuyu stopped doing whatever she was doing with the other two girls. She hugged them as a goodbye and went to Jihyo and Jeongyeon. 
"Bye, bye, Tzuyu." Chaeyoung called one last time and she received a wave from her friend. But Tzuyu hesitated before leaving. She didn't want to leave Dahyun like that. She noticed that her friend was upset and no matter what Tzuyu and Chaeyoung did Dahyun wouldn't cheer up. Dahyun sensed Tzuyu's hesitation and she smiled at her brightly to let her know she is fine. Tzuyu wasn't convinced but she smiled back and took Jihyo's hand to go to her auntie. Jihyo felt as if she was going to her death sentence. There was no way that Sana didn't figure out something that happened between Jihyo and Mina. 
"Auntie Sana! I didn't know you will pick me up." Tzuyu ran to Sana and jumped in her arms. Sana caught her without a problem. 
"I am free now. So I told your mommy I will pick you up. She is a little busy today." Jihyo watched Tzuyu nod and then Sana put the little girl down. Tzuyu went to put on her boots and other winter wear. And that left Jihyo with Sana alone.
"What have you told her?" Sana wasn't playing around. She wanted to get a clear answer. She would get it for sure. She knew that Jihyo was a little scared of her then. And she would definitely use it to her advantage.
"Sana, listen. I just left and nothing happened." Jihyo was a fool for thinking that would work. But she wanted to be sure that there was no other way out of this. And then she knew.
"Stop lying. Just tell me the truth. I know Mina. She was acting off. Tell me now." Sana glanced at Tzuyu but the little girl was busy doing her thing. Jihyo took a deep breath and prepared herself for whatever was coming.
"I told her to let go. That it's not her business and that I don't need her help." Of course. Sana knew it. She freaking knew it. She should have lock Mina in their room and never let her talk with Jihyo. She knew that Mina would only get hurt. 
"Perfect. Have a nice day, Jihyo." Jihyo thought that Sana would yell at her. That she would slap her. But nothing like that happened. Sana passed her and helped Tzuyu put on her scarf and hat. Then she picked the little girl up and left the building. Tzuyu was waving to Jihyo on their way out. Jihyo waved back. She turned around and made her way to the room she left. Thinking that this result was worse than if Sana was furious with her. 
"Jihyo. I am sorry." Jeongyeon embraced her friend as soon as she saw her. She didn't know how she would get Jihyo out of that mess. But she would figure it out. She would help Jihyo just like she had been doing for all those years.
"Let's go home." Jihyo pulled away from the hug and went to get her things. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were staring at the two friends. To both of them, it wasn't a new sight. Albeit it was just as sad every time. Dahyun got an idea then. If Jihyo fought with Mina then Dahyun could help fix that. She would talk with Tzuyu and Tzuyu would talk with Mina and then Mina would talk with Jihyo. Everyone would be happy. At least she hoped her plan would work. She was aware of the fact that adults never listened to kids. But she couldn't just give up. 
"Dahyun. Let's talk to Tzuyu. She would know what to do." Dahyun thought that Chaeyoung was a mind reader. She just thought of the same thing. How was that possible?
"Chaeyoung, are you a mind reader? I was thinking the same thing." Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun with big eyes and covered with her hand.
"I am a mind reader? I knew it! I am a hero!" Dahyun giggled at Chaeyoung's excitement. She never doubted that Chaeyoung was a hero. It was just that Chaeyoung never believed that. So it made Dahyun happy that her friend had finally acknowledged it.
"You are a hero, Chaeyoung! I always told you." Chaeyoung smiled brightly at her friend and made a pose with her hands resting on her hips. She looked cool to Dahyun.
"Alright, hero. We are going home. Get dressed. You as well little tofu." Jeongyeon interrupted the two little girls and led them out of the room. Dahyun glanced at her sister before leaving. Jihyo was leaning on the desk with her head low. Dahyun couldn't see her face and she was afraid that Jihyo was crying again. She didn't want that. Why couldn't she make Jihyo happy?