Chapter 1

A Good Person

Here it is. I am sorry I post it so late. I didn't have time earlier. I hope that the chapter isn't boring. I find writing the first chapters the hardest. I just never know how to begin. I will try to make this story as engaging and enjoyable as I can. Please, enjoy!

 

Saturdays were never peaceful and quiet at the Hirai household. That's something you could get used to though. Or so Sana hoped. Even after 5 years she is still not used to getting woken up at 6 a.m. on Saturday after a whole week of working. Being a fashion designer is not that easy and she is always exhausted after hours of thinking about perfect designs and then sewing and so on and on. But she couldn't stay grumpy and be upset with anyone. All it took was one look at the little girl happily playing with their dog and she didn't feel tired anymore. Though when she glanced at her friend her smile dropped and a frown appeared. Momo was snoring on the couch with a bowl of cereal on her stomach. Sana sighed heavily and took a sip of her coffee. 
"Momo, don't sleep with a bowl full of milk like that." Mina walked into the living room and wasn't surprised at the sight. Her sister could sleep through an earthquake so no matter how loud the TV was playing right now or how loud Tzuyu was laughing, Momo was sleeping. Albeit, Mina didn't understand why must her sister always sleep with food in her arms or somewhere on her? Momo didn't even budge when Mina scolded her. Her eyes opened wide when Mina took the bowl off of her.
"Hey! I am eating that." Momo whined and tried to take the bowl from Mina. Which was unsuccessful. Mina avoided Momo's hands and moved to the kitchen. Momo whined even more and Sana couldn't help laughing at the ridiculous behavior. "I can hear you, Sana." Momo glared at her friend. Sana could only laugh even more. 
"Mom! Gucci is eating something!" Tzuyu suddenly screamed and all the adults glanced in her direction in a split of a second. Their dog was indeed eating something. 
"Gucci no! You don't eat my dolls!" Momo sprung off the bed and took the little dog in her arms. She fought with Gucci for a while and when she finally managed to take the doll out of its snout the doll's head was destroyed. Momo stared at her doll and tears appeared in her eyes. Tzuyu got closer to her and put her little arms around Momo's waist.
"Mommy, I am sorry." Momo took a deep breath and patted her daughter on the head. But she glared at Gucci as a warning.
"It's okay, sweetheart. I will buy another doll." Tzuyu smiled brightly at Momo and buried her head more into her mother's chest. Sana would never get used to Momo's hierarchy of important things. The first is obviously Tzuyu but then it's food, dolls, plushies and then at the end it's Mina and Sana. At least Tzuyu isn't suffering from that mistreatment.
"I am going to the market." Sana looked over her shoulder at Mina and nodded. Another thing she would never understand is how Mina can be so lively so early. But Mina is one big enigma sometimes. It's not a bad thing though. Mina put on her hat and was ready to leave albeit she was stopped by Sana holding her coat. When she looked at Sana she rolled her eyes. Sana puckered up and closed her eyes. But she didn't get what she wanted. Mina leaned and left a kiss on Sana's forehead. It caused a cute whine from Sana. She just giggled and headed for the door. Even if Sana didn't get what she was hoping for she still was satisfied.
"Auntie Mina!" Tzuyu ran to the door and stopped Mina from leaving. Tzuyu tugged on Mina's arm and the woman kneeled. When Mina was at the appropriate height Tzuyu threw her arms around her neck and squeezed her. "Can you get some bread for me?" Mina laughed softly at the request. She pulled away and ruffled Tzuyu's hair what made the little girl giggle.
"Of course. I will bring the most delicious bread just for you." Tzuyu clapped happily and hugged Mina again. Then she ran back to Gucci and patted the little dog's head gently. When Mina got up and took a glance at the living room she saw Momo smiling wide at her. "I will get jokbal for you as well." 
"Thank you, Mina!" 

 

It definitely wasn't an easy day for Nayeon. Why her manager thought it was a good idea to schedule a photo shoot at 8 and then an interview at 10. Of course, it was followed by the filming for her drama until 5 p.m. and then she had to go straight for a fashion event. Her entire week looked similar but she couldn't really complain. She was at the top for two years and she had to uphold that spot. Being the top actress was her dream and she was finally able to make it come true. She spent 8 years to achieve it. 
"Nayeon, Jinyoung asked if you want to have dinner tonight?" Nayeon sighed. If she were honest, she didn't want to. But she couldn't just say no to her boyfriend. He always tried to do something sweet for her and make Nayeon feel happy. 
"Give me the phone." Her manager reached over her seat and handed Nayeon the phone. She observed the actress type without any emotions and felt sadness overcome her. Nayeon scheduled their dinner at 9 p.m. and didn't wait for the reply. She just gave her phone back to Jisoo and slumped in her seat. She just had to go through the filming. The fashion show shouldn't be too tiring. She would just sit and watch people walk. Though she hoped she wouldn't fall asleep there. Nayeon was happy with her life though. Because why wouldn't she be? She had her family with her, she had a loving boyfriend and a dream job. It was just that she didn't see her family often. She didn't love her boyfriend. Her job was draining life from her. She was just lost. She wasn't sure what she should do with her life to make it enjoyable. Albeit she couldn't think about it too much as they arrived at the filming place and she had to start acting. From the first step she took into the set.
"Ah! Nayeon, welcome our superstar." The director exclaimed and headed in her direction. Nayeon smiled politely at him and bowed to everyone close by.
"Hi. We have a big episode to film. Is everything ready?" Nayeon walked towards the stylists and the director followed her. Jisoo trialed after them and admired the well-prepared set.
"Of course. Everything is just perfect. You can just get ready and we will shoot the scene at the park. I will leave you to it then." The director took off in a random direction and Nayeon glanced at Jisoo. Her manager was still looking around and it was quite a funny sight. Nayeon shook her head and directed her gaze in the mirror. She could see the exhaustion. At least the make-up would deal with it. She wished it could also deal with her life.

 

"Hey! No running in the hallway!" Jeongyeon was chasing after two little girls but she stopped in her tracks when she heard Jihyo's loud voice. Jeongyeon knew it was directed at her. Though the two little kids halted as well.
"We are sorry, Jihyo." Dahyun was the first one to apologize. She never liked her sister getting upset because of her. But Jihyo was irritated with Jeongyeon, not with the kids. 
"Dahyun, I am not upset with you. Neither with you Chaeyoung." Dahyun and Chaeyoung got patted on their heads and they both giggled happily. Jeongyeon was just preparing herself for another lecture. 
"Jeongyeon is a monster and we wanted to escape." Chaeyoung was talking with her whole body. It was an endearing sight. Jihyo nodded.
"I see. It would be nice if Jeongyeon was a good monster and wouldn't chase you." Jihyo glanced at Jeongyeon and smiled. Jeongyeon smiled back and pretended she didn't find Jihyo's smile scary.
"Monsters can be good?" Dahyun asked with a confused expression. Her older sister really thought that there are nice monsters? Maybe Jihyo met monsters like that? Then why haven't Dahyun?
"Of course. There are plenty of good monsters." Chaeyoung looked to her older sister and Jeongyeon confirmed Jihyo's answer with a nod. 
"I want to meet one!" Chaeyoung was encouraged by the affirmation from the adults and wasn't scared anymore. Dahyun, on the other hand, was still a little skeptical.
"Dahyun, the good monsters give you all the chocolate. They are just shy and never let you see them." Dahyun's eyes widened and she let out a gasp. All her worry left after Jihyo's words. She started liking those monsters then. Jihyo would have quite the talk when the two little girls learn there are no monsters that give you chocolate. But she didn't worry about that then.
"Dahyun, let's catch one when it will give us the chocolate. We will thank it." Chaeyoung said excited and Dahyun nodded enthusiastically. Jeongyeon thought that she would need to buy a monster costume soon. 
"Don't scare it." Jihyo yelled after the two little kids. Dahyun and Chaeyoung immediately ran to the living room and started making the grand plan.
"Get a costume. You would be the monster." Jihyo side-eyed Jeongyeon and poked her in her side. 
"I had just the plan to do that. But you said monsters." Jihyo watched the smirk on Jeongyeon's face grow bigger with each second. She set herself up with that one. But she would do anything to make the kids happy.
"I am choosing the costumes. You will pick some ugly ones." Jeongyeon felt offended by the accusation. If there is something she's good at, then it's picking the perfect costumes.
"I will not. I am the best at stuff like that. We can make it a competition." Jihyo snorted. There was no way she would lose to Jeongyeon. 
"Fine. What will be the punishment?" Jeongyeon wasn't sure herself. But she wanted to think of something before Jihyo makes her cook for a month. 
"If I win you would model for me and if I lose I would help you out at the kindergarten." Jihyo already hated that. She shouldn't have agreed. She supported Jeongyeon's dream of being a photographer and she was happy her friend was successful at it. But she never let Jeongyeon photograph her. Jihyo was just too insecure about her body and appearance. She really had to win that.
"Okay. No cheating, Yoo Jeongyeon. I know you." Jihyo pointed warningly at Jeongyeon's chest. Jeongyeon just lifted her hands up defensively.
"No funny business. Will your mother visit today?" Jeongyeon watched Jihyo sigh and shrug. It would be great if she did. Dahyun haven't seen her mother in a week. And Jihyo couldn't think of new excuses to tell her little sister. Especially, when Jihyo also didn't know where is their mother sometimes.
"She probably won't. I just hope Dahyun won't ask about her today. Yesterday, I told her some excuse and she told me I said that before. It was hard to convince I actually didn't." Jeongyeon put her arm around Jihyo and squeezed her a little. It was definitely complicated. She admired Jihyo for being so brave. Jeongyeon didn't know a braver person.
"We will stay over tonight. She probably won't ask with Chaeyoung here." Jihyo smiled gratefully at her and then they both went to the living room. The two little girls were already jumping on the sofa and Jihyo could only let out a heavy sigh. 

 

Tzuyu was trying to put the leash on Gucci but she had no idea how to do that. She's never observed her mom or aunts do it. She really wanted to do it on her own though.  She didn't want her mom and aunts to do everything for her. They were already doing so much for her. Tzuyu was so engrossed in her task that she didn't notice Sana that was kneeling behind her. Sana decided to let Tzuyu figure that out on her own. But after 10 minutes she wanted to take the leash from the little girl and do it herself. 
"Tzuyu, let me help." Sana touched Tzuyu's shoulder before speaking so that she wouldn't scare the little girl. Tzuyu looked at Sana and thought about it for a few seconds. Then she shook her head.
"I want to do it, auntie Sana. You are doing a lot and I don't. I want to help and do things as well." After saying that Tzuyu tried again. Gucci was lying on the floor at this point tired. That actually made it harder to put the leash on. Sana was impressed by Tzuyu. This kid was only 5 and she already thought that way. But if she wouldn't help the little girl it would take then the entire day to take Gucci on a walk. So Sana moved to the other side and picked the dog. Then she told Tzuyu how to put the leash on correctly and watched the little girl beam after completing the task. Albeit Tzuyu frowned after a while.
"You helped me." Sana laughed at the sulking girl and ruffled her hair with her free hand. 
"You did it though. I just directed you. Now you will do it all by yourself." Tzuyu puffed her cheeks but she didn't whine anymore. Sana put Gucci on the floor and went to put her coat on. Tzuyu grabbed the leash and walked to her mom. Momo was fully dressed for at least 20 minutes and was waiting for her daughter to finish. She was hot and she just wanted to go out already. She hated the winter. 
"Mommy, look. I put the leash on." Tzuyu presented herself with Gucci waggling its tail. Momo smiled at Tzuyu and clapped while cheering loudly. Tzuyu giggled sweetly and hugged her mother's leg.
"Good job, sweetheart. So are we ready to go? Where is your aunt?" Just as Momo asked Sana walked in and made a dramatic pose. Momo stared at her blankly. 
"This is not a runway, auntie." Momo held her laugh. Sana immediately dropped her pose and crossed her arms over the chest. 
"Okay, top model. Let's go. We gotta be done with it before Mina comes back with the food." Momo rushed them all out of the house. Sana rolled her eyes. It was always food with Momo. But at least she was happy so Sana couldn't complain. She was happy as well. They went through those five years together. They handled every obstacle. 
While they were walking through the park they were stopped at some point. They reached a drama set. And they had to watch for a moment because Tzuyu was excited to see actors and the filming crew. Momo and Sana looked around with disinterest. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary in the big city. Momo held Tzuyu's hand though to prevent the little girl from interrupting the filming.
"This lady has big teeth." Tzuyu yelled over the noise made by the actors and the crew and Momo thought there was a high chance of them getting sued. Sana observed the site and tried to figure out if anyone heard them.
"Tzuyu, honey, you can't just yell things like that. It's not nice." Tzuyu was clearly confused why her mom scolded her. Sana watched in horror when the said lady started walking towards them.
"But I like them. They are like bunnies teeth." Tzuyu tried to explain herself. Momo understood her daughter but she knew celebrities. They don't care about things like that.
"Hey." Momo looked up and saw the actress staring at them. She glanced at Sana and noticed that her friend was just as startled. Momo had to take the blame on herself. Mina would surely bail her out of jail.
"Good afternoon, miss. My daughter was just-" Momo couldn't finish her speech though. To her horror, Tzuyu started talking.
"You have big teeth, like a bunny. I like them." The actress stared at Tzuyu for a few more seconds and then smiled. In a way that showed her front teeth to Tzuyu's happiness.
"Thank you, sweetie. I like my teeth as well. They are cute, aren't they." Tzuyu nodded enthusiastically and the actress mirrored her action. Also, Momo and Sana felt like a huge weight was lifted from their chests. 
"They are cute. Bunnies are cute as well. But Gucci is the cutest." Tzuyu gestured happily to their dog and the actress kneeled to pet it. 
"Oh my, you are completely right. He's the cutest. Gucci is such a classy name, did you chose it?" Momo observed the actress. She was intrigued. She was sure the lady would tell them to get lost and fix her parental skills. But she was conversing with Tzuyu with so much excitement. That was what you call one in a million.
"I did. Auntie Sana makes clothes and told me that Gucci makes expensive clothes. My Gucci looks just like that." The actress nodded in understanding. She petted Gucci a few more times and then got up.
"May I know your name?" Tzuyu didn't wait for Momo and Sana's approval. She just said it right away.
"Tzuyu!" Momo thought it was all nice from the actress but she was afraid Tzuyu might be sad later if she would never meet the lady again.
"Your name is just as cute as Gucci's. So Tzuyu, do you want to know my name?" The actress waited for Tzuyu's answer and giggled at the adorable girl. "I am Nayeon. I am filming for a drama right now, unfortunately. I need to go. But I am sure we will meet again. Maybe even tomorrow." Tzuyu was totally charmed by Nayeon. Momo and Sana as well albeit they were sure the actress was just being nice to the child. Nayeon finally met Momo's eyes and then Sana's. 
"May I know your names?" Momo didn't know if that was a good idea to tell a stranger their names. Albeit Momo wasn't thinking logically then.
"Momo and this is Sana." Nayeon nodded but she wasn't satisfied with just the names. Momo seemed to catch on to that. "Hirai." 
"Thank you. Then I will see you tomorrow, Tzuyu. Bye-bye Gucci." Tzuyu waved energetically after Nayeon. The actress was smiling at them until she got back to her spot. 
"What was that?" Sana asked no one in particular. Momo didn't know the answer to that. Both of them were a little worried as well. Nayeon was very sure they would meet the next day. How that would happen? Their imagination ran wild then.
"I like that lady. I will draw her and show it to her tomorrow. Oh, I will tell auntie Mina about it. She likes bunnies too, so she will like Miss Nayeon as well." Tzuyu tugged on Momo and Sana's arms and jumped in place. Both adults smiled at the little girl.
"That's great. Let's tell auntie Mina then. I am sure she is waiting for us with your favorite bread already." Sana's words made Tzuyu beam even more and she ran in the direction of their home with Gucci chasing after her. Momo and Sana could only follow the girl and the dog. Hoping they can stop them from entering the crosswalk.

 

Nayeon observed the running figures and smiled to herself. She thought that this day would be disappointing. That she would feel indifferent to all the events. And she was glad she was wrong. That little encounter made her day. She was in an excellent mood for the rest of the filming and even the boring fashion show didn't destroy it. Jinyoung spent the entire dinner on listening to Nayeon tell the story about the little girl. He loved it though, it made Nayeon happy after all. The thought of the little girl and her dog stayed in her mind. Also, she couldn't help but laugh when she remembered the scared expressions on Tzuyu's mom and aunt's faces. She could imagine they were afraid she would sue them for defamation. She was totally intrigued by that family. 
"Jisoo." Nayeon called from the sofa and her manager entered the living room with the food. Nayeon let Jisoo sit next to her before she said anything. "Open all your social media. We are looking for Hirai Momo." 
Jisoo was afraid that Nayeon was serious. She could see it in her eyes. She was worried about that. Nayeon didn't know these people at all. They didn't know if the two women wouldn't use anything against Nayeon. Albeit Jisoo couldn't say no when she saw how happy Nayeon actually looked. She had to see indifferent Nayeon for at least a year and she hated that. That's how Nayeon and Jisoo spent three hours on finding the Hirai Momo and figuring out where she lived.
"Perfect. We will go there tomorrow around lunch. We should get something for them. A bunny plushie for Tzuyu. But what to get Momo? Flowers perhaps? Or is it too much? There was Sana as well. She is a designer, right? She could design for me. That's a big present." Jisoo took a few deep breaths and mentally prepared herself for the disaster that would probably occur the next day. She just hoped that Momo wouldn't think Nayeon is crazy and call the police on her. Yet again, Jisoo's worries were blown away when she saw the sparkle in Nayeon's eyes.