Chapter 10

A Good Person

I am sorry for the late update. I didn't have electricity yesterday so I couldn't update. I tried my best though and I hope I delivered. I wanted to apologize to my number one fan as well because she is impatient and she won't let me live. Anyway, enjoy.

 

 

 

There were many minutes of silence in Nayeon's life. But neither of them was that terrifying like the one then. When Jinyoung was just sitting next to her with a blank expression. She was not sure what she should expect. She had no idea how this conversation would end. She decided to continue. Because perhaps, that's what Jinyoung wanted. To receive more explanation. Albeit she couldn't say anything because Jinyoung finally spoke.
"Have you ever loved me?" His voice was barely a whisper. Jinyoung stared at Nayeon waiting for his entire world to crumble in front of him. Was he really that blind? Or was Nayeon really an outstanding actress not only on the screen but in life as well? Nayeon wasn't answering and it was all he needed to know. That the answer was no. "Have you?" His voice was louder then and he clenched his fists. Nayeon took a sharp breath and swallowed with difficulty.
"No." Nayeon replied reluctantly and she already could sense that that would be the first time she would see Jinyoung furious. But she deserved that. She never wanted to become like those spoiled celebrities but maybe she just did.
"Are you kidding me? Then why were you even with me? For fun? Nayeon what the hell? Are you even aware of what you did? I planned to propose to you on our third anniversary. Would you tell me no then or would you continue your ed up play?" Nayeon couldn't force a word through . Jinyoung wasn't even yelling. But that was somehow worse than if he was. Though what really the worst about that was the fact Jinyoung planned to propose. Nayeon never expected that. She didn't think that Jinyoung would want to settle so early. Jinyoung was still waiting for her answer while breathing heavily. Nayeon found it very hard to speak but she managed to force the words out.
"I am so sorry. I wasn't with you for fun. I truly love you just not like that. I knew you would be good for me so I could spend my life with you. I just didn't care about finding love because I didn't really care about anything. I knew I shouldn't do it but I thought that perhaps I could fall in love with you in the end. I didn't know you already wanted to marry me. I am so sorry, Jinyoung. I don't know what I would say then. I really can't tell." Jinyoung stayed quiet. Nayeon also didn't say anything. That was a situation where it was better to think your words before saying them. 
"I don't know what am I supposed to tell you. That it's okay? Thank you for telling me, we can just be friends now?" Nayeon shook her. She obviously knew they couldn't remain friends after that. There was no way it would be a healthy relationship.
"I don't. It's not okay. I am a jerk, to be honest. And I know we can't be friends after this. I don't even want to justify my behavior. Jinyoung, I have finally gained the courage to tell you the truth but I wanted to do that before. I was just not brave enough." Nayeon hoped that she was talking in a way that wasn't making everything worse. She hoped that she was able to not sound ignorant of Jinyoung's feelings. But she wasn't sure because Jinyoung had the same expression the whole time. And she wished it meant that she was doing fine. 
"You are an . Playing with someone's feelings for years. I guess it's good you had finally gained the courage for that. What happened that you did?" Was Nayeon supposed to tell him the truth? She felt like it would make the situation ten times worse. That it would be the last blow to completely break Jinyoung's heart. But, on the other hand, she thought that she should've told him. That he deserved to know. What if one day he was to find out the truth he would be hurt even more. Nayeon started to shake a little. Jinyoung was still looking at her and he thought that it really couldn't get worse. 
"I am not sure if I should tell you." Nayeon hoped that Jinyoung would either encourage her to tell him or say that she shouldn't do it then. Jinyoung nodded to let her know she should tell him. Nayeon stared at her lap because she didn't dare to look at Jinyoung. "I met someone. I have feelings for them and I needed to fix my life. So I needed to be honest with you before I could be with her." Nayeon talked incredibly slow and quiet. But it didn't help in minimalizing the damage. She knew Jinyoung wanted to hear it but it definitely wasn't better. 
"When did you met her? Wait, you were really busy this couple of months. But not with work. You were with her. God." Jinyoung covered his face with hands to hide the tears that threatened to fall. Many thoughts came into his mind and he wished he could get rid of them. He didn't want to picture Nayeon with somebody else. 
"But we were just meeting. We are friends now. Nothing happened between us. We were just meeting together with her daughter. Why am I even explaining myself? She found out about us and didn't talk to me since then. So I totally ed up." There was definitely too much silence between them then. Nayeon pictured the whole thing differently. She thought it would be chaotic but it was nothing like that. It could've been easier if it was full of screaming. Because it would have ended faster. This was dragging forever. 
"Thank you for telling me. God, I really hate you right now. And I would want to wish that woman won't talk to you ever again. But , you should go and talk with her like that as well. And hopefully, she would understand." Nayeon was a little shocked that Jinyoung said that. He should definitely wish that Momo would never talk to her again. But it just shows how much of a good person Jinyoung is. Unlike Nayeon.
"I will try. Though her sister is a cop. I am afraid she will arrest me." Jinyoung appreciated that Nayeon tried to joke a little. It did loosen the atmosphere a little bit. And he thought that that woman's sister could try arresting Nayeon for that. It would be somewhat satisfying. But not for real though. He wouldn't want Nayeon to sit in jail.
"Maybe you should be careful then. She might just do that." Nayeon knew that it was only a half-joke. She was actually worried about Mina. She was the most kindhearted person in the world but that made Nayeon believe that when Mina is angry it's better to stay hidden. And probably pray for your life to be spared.
"Yeah. Jisoo will bail me out." Actually, she wasn't sure if that would happen. Jisoo would most likely not do anything with that for a week. And then she would bail her out after she was rested.
"This is so surreal. I don't even know how I feel." Perhaps it was the right time for Nayeon to go. But, on the other hand, she wanted to make sure Jinyoung wouldn't do anything stupid. Nonetheless, she got up from the bed and moved towards the door. 
"I am very sorry. I can't do anything to make it better, I know. But please, don't be alone with this." Jinyoung glanced at Nayeon once and nodded. Then he covered his face again and Nayeon left. She closed the door silently after her and let out a heavy sight. She could've heard the voices fo Jisoo and Jinyoung's father talking contently and she went to them. She didn't say anything. She just put her hand on Jisoo's arm. The manager could tell it was done. Jisoo grasped Nayeon's hand and got up.
"We will go now, sir." After Jisoo's goodbye, they left. Jinyoung's father was quite confused but he didn't ask. And Nayeon was glad he didn't. Well, he would find out anyway soon. 

"And? Do you want to talk about it?" They were already driving. An hour in a deadly silent car. Jisoo just wanted to make sure Nayeon was at least okay. That nothing bad happened during the conversation. 
"It was somewhat calm. Like he didn't yell. He is really hurt and furious, and he hates me but he never yelled or punched something. And I think that made it worse. I bet he is crying right now. God. I am the worst human being." Nayeon paused and looked out of the window. Jisoo didn't say anything. Because she didn't know what to say. It was a moment when a hug was needed. But she had to drive. She could stop for a moment. 
"He said that I should talk with Momo soon. That I should explain everything. And that he hopes Momo would understand. Can you believe it? I just ing broke him and he tells me this." And it was enough to stop the car. Jisoo pulled over and pulled Nayeon into a hug. Nayeon held on tightly to Jisoo's coat. She felt stupid for crying. She broke someone's heart not the other way around. Well, she most likely broke two more hearts. And that thought made her cry harder. What was she going to do if Momo and Tzuyu wouldn't forgive her? 
"Nayeon, you did all you could do, okay? You made a mistake. Isn't that what we all do. Like when I burnt your eyebrow and we had to draw it every day." Nayeon giggled a little at the memory through her tears. It was definitely something she would never forget. Her fans were making fun of her then but it was really funny though. So she also made fun of it. "And now you have your eyebrow back. So the mistake was fixed. And yours will as well. I promise you. I will even beg Momo on my knees to take you. I will finally have peace when you are gone." Nayeon slapped Jisoo on her back with quite the force. But Jisoo didn't care. She knew that Nayeon felt a little better. She wouldn't have slapped her if she wasn't. 
"Let's go now. I want to sleep." Nayeon pulled away after a few minutes and Jisoo wiped her tears from the cheeks with thumbs. Then she smiled at Nayeon and started driving. Nayeon was wondering the whole way if she should talk with Momo immediately. Or should she wait? Perhaps she should wait a few days. So that Momo can think the whole thing through. But then, maybe Momo would not want to think it through. So they drove straight home. 

She really thought that perhaps she had superpowers. Because when they pulled to the driveway they saw a police car in front of their house. Nayeon really was joking. 
"We gotta get away from here. We need to drive for our lives, Jisoo. She's ought to get us. Mina will kill me." Nayeon started to panic a little and she tried to make Jisoo turn around. But the manager didn't let her do anything. If Mina was here then she definitely saw them already. There was no way out of this. Nayeon then tried to open the door. Jisoo locked them fast.
"Are you nuts? What the hell are you doing?" Nayeon watched them getting closer to their house with big eyes. Mina will definitely do something. 
"I don't want to die." Jisoo wanted to shake some sense into Nayeon but she was still parking the car. She saw Mina exiting her car and waiting next to it for them. She didn't look angry though. She was normal. Maybe Nayeon was panicking for no reason. The manager turned the engine off and exited the car. Nayeon was still sitting though. Jisoo rolled her eyes and went around the car to get Nayeon out herself. Mina slowly approached them after seeing that she might've actually scared them a little. Even if that wasn't her intention. 
"Good evening. I am sorry for scaring you. It wasn't my intention. I just wanted to talk with you, Nayeon." After Jisoo finally forced Nayeon out of the car the three stood in front of the house and probably all the neighbors saw them. They were going to talk tomorrow.
"You didn't mean to scare us? While waiting in front of our house in a police car?" Nayeon talked with a little fear in her voice. Mina understood that wasn't the best choice but she drove there right after her shift ended. 
"I drove here immediately after my shift. I am sorry. I just want to talk about what happened with Momo." Jisoo knew that she should leave them to talk. So she started heading for the door quietly. Nayeon hoped that Jisoo would observe them through the window so that she would help her if Mina decided to kill her. 
"Did she told you everything?" Mina could only shrug. She had no idea if Momo told her all that happened. But she said enough for sure. Mina could've seen that Nayeon was a little scared of her. Which was weird to Mina. She never thought she could scare someone.
"She said that you have a boyfriend. That's all. But I think it was enough." Nayeon was getting shocked the whole evening. Mina sounded so calm. Not like her sister was lied to by someone. But Nayeon couldn't figure out why it was like that. Mina was such an enigma. 
"I did. I dated him for three years. I broke up with him today. We just came back from his house." Mina nodded. As always Mina didn't say much. But Nayeon could've seen that Mina was thinking. And perhaps she knew about what.
"Did you break up with him because you have feelings for Momo?" Mina didn't elaborate. She just waited for an answer. Nayeon didn't hesitate to give a reply. Because it was obvious.
"Yes. I actually never loved him. I was with him because it was easy. He is a good person. But I met Tzuyu with Momo then. It was something new. I felt like I need to know them better. They really brought happiness in my life that I was looking for in a long time. Mina, I really love Momo. And Tzuyu but differently than Momo of course." Mina didn't doubt that Nayeon was honest. But she didn't have any good news for Nayeon. She could only tell her that she should try to fix this. But there was no assurance that Momo would want to talk with Nayeon yet.
"Thank you for being honest. But I am sorry. I don't know if Momo would want to see you yet. She is very hurt. I mean it was only a day but Momo is off. She spent the whole day at the academy. She was dancing herself to exhaustion. Her boss had to call us so we would get her home. And she didn't eat much. When her ex-boyfriend left she wasn't acting like that. I mean she was closed to others and she would sit in her room all the time but she always ate and danced normally. I am just worried. But Nayeon, please, don't give up. Tzuyu will forgive you in a heartbeat. With Momo you will have to try a little." Nayeon didn't really hear Mina talk this much at once. And she hated that she made Momo feel worse than when she had her heartbroken before. But the fact that Mina didn't tell her to get lost. Mina actually wanted her to try and it was kinda surprising. Wouldn't sisters always try to choke the people like Nayeon? 
"I will try my best. I don't want to lose them." Mina put her hand on Nayeon's shoulder and smiled softly at her. Nayeon really had only good people around her. 
"Thank you. Momo had enough heartbreak in her life. And you really brought happiness in her life as well. Try tomorrow. Try everything and don't give up if you will get a cold shoulder." Nayeon nodded with determination. Mina helped her feel as if she was really able to fix that. And that Momo will forgive her. Nayeon was able to smile back at Mina. 
"Thank you, sister-in-law." Mina stared at Nayeon's goofy smile and could only sigh. It wasn't that bad. And if that would help Nayeon to stay motivated. She didn't mind being called that.
"I will always try to help. Also, do you know that Tzuyu wants you to be her second mom?" Nayeon froze after hearing this. Mina giggled a little. Tzuyu tried to hide that fact but wasn't really successful. She asked Mina if she could have a second mommy. And when Mina told her that she could, Tzuyu smiled like when she got Gucci and said that she hopes Nayeon would want to. Then she looked at Mina with fear. Mina showed her that she didn't hear anything and Tzuyu smiled at her brightly. Nayeon suddenly embraced Mina and started sobbing. Mina was a little caught off guard but after a few seconds, she hugged Nayeon back. 
"I am so happy. But then I am so devastated. I will not let this fail, Mina. I will improve. I will be the best for them." Mina patted Nayeon on the back reassuringly. There was no doubt that Nayeon will be good for them. Mina was not angry at all. She would help Nayeon fix this. She wanted them all to be happy.
"I know. You will be the best for them, Nayeon." Mina broke the hug. Nayeon's eyes were so puffy and red that Mina was sure they hurt a little. She took out a tissue and gave it to Nayeon. Nayeon thanked her and wiped her eyes and then blew her nose. "I will go now. Sana will ban me from playing for another week if I will be late. Rest well, you need it. Sleep well." Nayeon wasn't sure why Sana acted like Mina's mom but maybe that's what they were into. And that was okay, Nayeon understood. She also wished Mina a good night and went inside. Jisoo walked up to her immediately to check up on her. Nayeon smiled brightly at her looking like a wreck.
"I am not giving up. You will see that soon I ain't going to be Miss Im anymore." Jisoo was confused but Nayeon actually looked happy. So the manager smiled back and hugged Nayeon. 
"I am glad then."