Chapter 12

A Good Person

I might've rushed the chapter. But I am not sure. I hope it is okay and that it will be enjoyable. Have a nice read.

 

 

 

The part of the city Mrs. Park was living wasn't exactly the most pleasant place to be. Many people were beginning on the street and were mostly ignored. But Jihyo and Jeongyeon weren't that surprised. All those people were just beginning for money for alcohol. It was easy to tell. They were all smelling of alcohol and looked like all they did was drinking. Jihyo tried not to look into anyone's eyes but she still needed to glance at everyone to find her mother. Jeongyeon was glaring at everyone that tried to talk to them or even touch them. Finally, after several minutes Jihyo spotted her mother. She stopped Jeongyeon and pointed in the direction where her mother was sitting. Jeongyeon nodded and Jihyo walked towards her. Her mother noticed her when Jihyo was a few steps away. 
"What brings you here? It isn't a good place for you." Her mother must've been drunk. She would've been hostile otherwise. Besides, Jihyo could tell by the way her mother was moving. After some struggle, they were standing face to face.
"I am here to talk to you. It's important." Jihyo looked behind to make sure that Jeongyeon was still standing there ready to intervene. Jeongyeon was looking around, she scrutinized everyone that even moved slightly. 
"Since when you want to talk to me? What happened?" Her mother leaned had to sit on the chair because she couldn't stand anymore. Jihyo prepared herself for whatever her mother would do. She had to try though. Perhaps, they would be able to talk normally one day.
"You need to go to rehab." Jihyo decided to get straight to the point. There was no sense in trying to coax her mother into this. She observed her mother but all she could see was a blank expression. Which concerned her. Her mother might've not been understanding what she was saying. 
"I don't need it. I am fine." Jihyo couldn't believe her mother was saying things like that. She definitely knew she wasn't fine. Her mother wanted to get up and walk away but she ended up not being able to.
"Are you serious? Listen, how can you live so miserably and make our life miserable as well? Are you really that proud of yourself? That your daughter is scared of you. You ruined us. And here I am still caring about you. This is stupid." Jihyo didn't mean to lash out at her mother. But how was she supposed not to? She just wanted her mother to finally understand. Though it always turned out to be useless. Her mother didn't say anything again. She was just staring at Jihyo. This whole thing really didn't have any sense. She will just file for that restraining order. 
"You know what? Just sit here and don't do anything for all I care. Dahyun doesn't need you. And I definitely don't need you either. Just don't be surprised when you will be taken by the police when you try to get close to us again." Jihyo left after informing her mother about what she was going to do. She didn't look back. She just took Jeongyeon's hand afterward and they left the area as fast as they could together. She didn't want to spend one more second there. All she wanted to do was going to Mina getting all things done and then going home to Dahyun. Perhaps, they would be happy after this. 


The house was definitely louder. It was messier. There were more people to feed. But was it a bad thing? Not at all. Having Jihyo and Dahyun in the house was somehow reassuring. Seeing how happy Tzuyu was to have Dahyun all the time was heartwarming. And it was easy to get used to. The whole month was a new experience but it was a pleasant one. But there always could be something that disrupted the peace. Mina and Jihyo were always getting up early even on weekends so the two of them prepared the breakfast and chatted along until the rest of the house would wake up. But really that was something new. Jihyo looked through the window and saw two women standing on the driveway. One had a guitar and the other women tried to drag her away. And Jihyo definitely knew who those two women were.
"Isn't that Nayeon outside?" Mina put down the spoon and looked outside. She sighed heavily and headed for the door. Jihyo observed everything with amusement. She heard all about Nayeon's weird plans. Momo would never shut up about them. Tzuyu always talked about how funny Nayeon and Jisoo were and that she just wanted Momo to forgive Nayeon. Mina walked out after putting her shoes on and Nayeon waved at her enthusiastically.
"Good morning my sister-in-law. Did you rest well? Jisoo and I were planning this the whole night. I am sure Momo will be in awe with this." Jisoo massaged the bridge of her nose because she knew it would be another disaster. Mina wasn't sure what to do. She couldn't just tell Nayeon to go away. But Momo would be grumpy the whole day if she would get woken up earlier than it is necessary.
"That's really sweet and all. But maybe you shouldn't do that." Nayeon smile disappeared then and Mina immediately felt bad. Jisoo shook her head at Mina to stop her from taking her words back but she was unsuccessful. "Okay. I can't wait to hear it." Nayeon's bright smile came back and she cleared . Mina just prayed it would be something good. And actually, Nayeon started off well. The guitar sounded pleasant. Mina relaxed a little. Jihyo opened the window to have a better look and hear what was going on. She found the melody nice and she hoped that Momo would not get up furious. The actual words of the song also were good. It seemed like Nayeon really put all her feelings into that. Also, Nayeon was definitely a great singer. But Jisoo knew what Nayeon planned to do before the chorus.  
"Momo! This is for you! I love you!" Mina and Jihyo were stunned. This woman really had no shame. And before Nayeon started singing again, Momo stormed out of the house and took hold of her arms. Nayeon smiled at her being the happiest that Momo came out. But Momo didn't look that happy.
"Are you- Can you not do that?" Jisoo was so grateful that Momo stopped this embarrassment. Nayeon had many more cringy lines ready.  Though right after that Sana walked out with Tzuyu and Dahyun. And the two little girls applauded Nayeon.
"That was amazing, Nayeon. Can you sing more." Tzuyu ran up to the actress and pulled on her jacket. Nayeon couldn't say no to this precious being. But Momo didn't let go. 
"Tzuyu, Nayeon can't do that." Momo didn't finish though as Sana interrupted her.
"That was not bad. Though you would have to work on your words. I can give you some advice." Both Mina and Jihyo looked at Sana in horror. There was no way that collaboration would end up being good.
"Hell no. Don't take advice from a girl that sang I love you, , I ain't never gonna stop loving you to her girlfriend and thought it was romantic." Momo really wanted to forget about that time. It was the biggest embarrassment of her life. She seriously had no idea how Mina still talked to Sana after that. Though she never came back to that mall ever again. Jihyo also had that engraved in her memory. She literally admired Mina for putting up with that. 
"Oh my God! And you got the girl! I should do that." Sana was ready to fight Momo then but Nayeon's reply made her smile proudly and mock Momo. Mina decided she had seen and heard enough so she went back inside. 
"What means?" Dahyun's question brought silence. No one really knew what to say. Sana was ready to explain but was stopped by Momo. She couldn't risk Sana being very honest with Dahyun. 
"It's a female dog." Jisoo decided to say one of the meanings of the word and Dahyun looked satisfied. 
"So Gucci is a ?" Tzuyu looked at her mom with expectant eyes. Momo shook her head.
"Gucci is a male dog, sweetheart." Tzuyu nodded and started thinking. Because if the female dog was a then a male dog was what?  Jisoo was very much glad the kids distracted everyone. She didn't want to go through another argument.
"Than what is Gucci called?" The adults thought for a moment. They all looked at each other to chose who would answer. Nayeon decided that it would be her in the end.
"A dog." Tzuyu and Dahyun didn't look amused. The name was boring. Why the female dogs had a better name? Where was equality? 
"This is boring." Tzuyu announced and moved to take Dahyun's hand. "Let's play with Gucci. He must be sad that he doesn't have a cool name. Nayeon, Jisoo can you stay with us?" Nayeon wasn't sure what to say. She wanted to stay of course, but would Momo allow it? So she just stood there awkwardly and decided to decline.
"We would love to. But I think your mom should decide if we can stay." Tzuyu grabbed her mommy's arm and looked at her with her best puppy eyes. Momo knew she was done for. There was no way she would say no to Tzuyu.
"Mommy, please. Can they stay for today? Please, please, please." Momo sighed and nodded. Tzuyu jumped in excitement and Dahyun laughed at how cute her friend was. But Nayeon actually didn't expect that. She didn't include such an outcome in her plan. Jisoo got closer to Nayeon and shook her a little. Nayeon glanced at her and then started moving after everyone. She got it. She definitely got it.

"You should go to them." Momo had been sitting in the kitchen for the past two hours for a reason and Mina should've just let her be. From the garden, she could hear the happy laughs of the kids and Nayeon. Momo tried to ignore them but she really couldn't.
"I am enjoying myself here." Mina sat next to Momo and bumped into her lightly. Momo did the same but a little stronger and Mina nearly fell off the chair. Momo didn't care though. She just giggled under her breath.
"Don't you think that Nayeon had proved she really loves you?" Momo snorted. Her sister was truly too kind. But Momo actually wasn't angry anymore. She still thought Nayeon was totally embarrassing but it all had a charm. It was endearing somehow.
"You call it proof? She embarrassed herself a thousand times." Mina smiled or cringed. Momo couldn't tell. 
"But isn't it cute? I mean, you always talk about her anyway. Just stop being stubborn." Wasn't it ironic? Mina was the one telling her to stop being stubborn when she was the master of it. Momo really didn't want Mina to be right but she always was. 
"Look who's talking." Mina didn't comment. She was aware of the fact she was probably more stubborn than Momo. But that gave her an advantage. Because she could always persuade Momo to do something good for her but she didn't really want to do it. And that time it was also the case. Momo got up and exited the kitchen. Mina observed her sister walk awkwardly outside. Momo stood as far from Nayeon as possible and stayed silent. Mina shook her head and then looked at the photo of their parents. She wondered then if they would've approved of Nayeon after all the happened. They would have most likely. But would've they like Sana? Probably not. And Mina thought about that a lot. What would have she done if their parents were there? Would have she still be with Sana? The answer was always the same. The answer that scared her. But she somehow would have still gone along with that answer. That answer was yes. She would've still been with Sana. Even if their parents had told her to get away from her because she is a hazard to their life. Literally and not. 

Nayeon was very aware of Momo's presence. It was so strong. But she still couldn't just go and talk. She was just playing along with Tzuyu and Dahyun. Though the two were really more engrossed with each other and Nayeon could've just gone and sat with the adults. Albeit, she would do anything not to actually face Momo. That was definitely not in the mood for Nayeon's antics. Tzuyu, on the other hand, had a plan of her own. She hoped that it would work. All that had to happen was for auntie Sana and Jihyo to leave for a while. That wasn't easy to do though. 
"Auntie Sana!" Sana didn't even get to look Tzuyu's way. She got hit with mud right in the chest. Dahyun wasn't sure why Tzuyu did that but she was ready to defend her friend if the adults were upset.
"Tzuyu, why have you done that?" Momo scolded her daughter but she did that with an amused smile. She had to admit it was a little funny.
"It was me. I told her to do that." Tzuyu looked at Dahyun in disbelief. Tzuyu didn't want Dahyun to take the blame. But Dahyun was so cool. Well, Dahyun was always cool. 
"Why did you tell her to do that?" Jihyo couldn't believe Dahyun would actually think of something like that. It was obvious she tried to take the blame. And Jihyo let her. Dahyun meant well and there definitely wouldn't be any big punishment.
"Because. I thought it would be funny?" Dahyun didn't sound like she was making a statement but like she was asking them for the reason. 
"It's fine. It's not my only shirt." Sana waved her hand dismissively. Tzuyu and Dahyun could sigh in relief. 
"So you can go and change. Jihyo will help you with that." Nayeon thought that she had figured out what the little kids were trying to do. She glanced at Jisoo who was already looking at her. Nayeon gestured to her that they should run away. Jisoo gestured that she should stop being a coward and talk with Momo.
"Why would I help her change?" The last thing Jihyo wanted to see was Sana. She really didn't need that image in her head. But Tzuyu and Dahyun pushed them inside of the house and then closed the door. They smiled at each other then and high fived. And then it was awkward. Jisoo lifted her tea and observed the scene as if she was watching an action movie. Momo looked everywhere but Nayeon and Nayeon kept playing with her hands.
"Come on! Mom, Nayeon. Talk. You like each other so why are you not doing anything?" Tzuyu sounded exasperated. She walked up to Momo and grabbed her hand. Then she dragged her to Nayeon. When they were close Tzuyu grasped Nayeon's hand. Tzuyu looked from her mom to Nayeon expectantly. 
"Tzuyu is right. Just talk. I know you are hesitant Momo but I swear if I have to do one more embarrassing thing I will rage." Jisoo definitely knew how to sound intimidating. Nayeon knew she had to start the conversation. So she took a deep breath and squeezed Tzuyu's hand.
"Momo, I know I have done awful things but I really regret them. I should have never started dating Jinyoung. And I should've been honest with you." Tzuyu watched her mom and waited for her to say something. Nayeon was staring at Momo as she was slowly preparing herself for another rejection.
"I know. I am glad that you understand your fault. I am not angry with you anymore. I am sorry. I just couldn't let go like that." Momo actually looked at Nayeon then with an apologetic expression. Though Nayeon didn't like one thing about Momo's answer.
"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong. You had the right to ignore me. I would do the same thing if I were in your shoes. But I would like for you to try forgiving me. Because you really brought happiness into my life. I really love you. And I love Tzuyu. And Mina is already my sister-in-law. Okay, that's awkward." Tzuyu was overjoyed when she heard that Nayeon loved them she let go of Momo's hand and hugged Nayeon's waist. Nayeon put her arms around the little girl back. Jisoo felt her eyes water. It was a moving moment. The happiness that Nayeon was always looking for was just there in her reach and she was able to finally catch it. Momo observed Nayeon and Tzuyu and thought that it would be just what she wanted. But she couldn't just jump into a relationship with Nayeon like that.
"Nayeon. I think it's clear that we love you as well. But I can't just jump into a relationship with you-" Nayeon shook her head fast and it stopped Momo from saying more.
"I know that. I don't want you to do that. I just want you to become truly assured that I am serious about this and that I won't make these mistakes again." Tzuyu let go of Nayeon and threw herself on her mom. Momo caught her and held her in her arms. 
"Mom, please." Tzuyu said into Momo's shoulder. Momo glanced at Jisoo who nodded at her. Even Dahyun gave her an affirmative answer. So what was Momo supposed to do? 
"I understand. Let's take it slow then." Nayeon felt like the heaviest weight got lifted off her chest. She moved forward and embraced Momo with Tzuyu. Very tightly. Tzuyu giggled happily and Nayeon followed the little girl. It made Momo assured that she did the right thing. 
"Finally! No more embarrassment. I am free. Thank you, God." Jisoo made the rest laugh at her ridiculous outburst. But Nayeon also felt relieved that she wouldn't have to do any more of those. Well, she would just stop doing embarrassing things but she wouldn't stop trying. She would still try to be the best. It wasn't just her and Jisoo anymore. And she couldn't give up. She would show everyone that she can bring happiness into their lives. That she didn't only mean trouble. And she didn't have to stop calling Mina her sister-in-law. Which was a bright perspective. That after all she wouldn't be Im soon.