Chapter 17

A Good Person

Hi, everyone. I am sorry for the wait. I was kinda busy and worked on something else so I didn't have time to write this. But I did find time today and just wrote this light chapter. I hope it will be enjoyable. I would also like to wish everyone Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday. I hope you will all have a happy time.

 

 

 

Taking care of three little kids was more tiring than dancing at the studio for hours. Momo had no idea how Mina still had the energy to do anything. All Momo wanted was to lie on the sofa and eat breakfast. But she most likely wouldn't be able to do that. Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung still were full of energy. And that meant they would still have to take care of them and be just as full of life as the kids. 
"Momo, go and sit. I can handle the kids." Mina kept laughing at Momo's misery. Which was very much not appreciated. Momo pouted at Mina and slapped her arm lightly. Mina feigned being in pain and then laughed, and went to the kitchen. Momo rolled her eyes and looked at the kids undressing. Which was quite chaotic but she let them do it alone. 
"Can we have pancakes?" Tzuyu yelled at no one in particular. But she knew that her mom wouldn't miss pancakes and that her auntie is easy to persuade. So she looked at Dahyun and Chaeyoung with a confident smile. Momo definitely liked that idea and she showed Tzuyu thumbs up. 
"Why won't you go there and make them?" Jihyo walked down the stairs and stopped with crossed arms before the kids. All four girls looked at Jihyo with puppy eyes but it didn't work. And so Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung headed for the kitchen. Momo stayed back though. She wanted to use that Jihyo was there to talk to her. 
"Hey, Jihyo. I wanted to apologize for acting rude yesterday." Jihyo smiled at Momo and patted her on the shoulder. She didn't need apologizes. She understood Momo's reaction. Though it was nice to know that Momo thought about it a little. 
"It's nothing. But it seems that you talked to Mina. How was it?" Jihyo led them to the living room so they wouldn't be heard. But also Momo looked tired and Jihyo wanted her to rest a little. 
"I am still sorry. We talked in the morning. It was a new experience. I have never heard about all those things she told me earlier." Jihyo nodded and smiled softly. She was relieved and happy that Mina was improving. Maybe she could stop worry that much. 
"I am relieved. I guess we can stop worrying about Mina so much." Momo agreed with Jihyo. And it all wouldn't take place if it wasn't for Jihyo. So she deserved a big thank you and a hug as well. So Momo pulled Jihyo into a tight hug.
"Thank you, Jihyo. You were the one that began this. If it wasn't for you Sana and I probably wouldn't do much. I am very happy Mina has a caring friend like you." Jihyo felt just happy hearing those words from Momo. She was just glad she could still help others even when she couldn't handle her own problems. 
"Thank you. I am happy I could help Mina. She did so much for me that I just couldn't let her struggle alone." They pulled away and just smiled. Their lives were becoming much more enjoyable. Perhaps they were able to be happy. 
"Why are you two standing here smiling like idiots?" Sana flopped on the sofa after saying her part. She rested but she still felt lazy. And she wasn't scared that she would be scolded for that. She didn't care if Jihyo or Momo would tell her to move. 
"We were just making up and thanking each other. And you could move and don't you need to do something?" Sana ignored Jihyo by not replying but she heard her. She was glad Momo and Jihyo made up. That was a good sign.
"Auntie Sana, you were snoring so loud that we had to leave the house." Tzuyu entered the living room carrying fruit and she had to use the occasion to tease Sana. Momo tried to hold her laugh but she patted Tzuyu on the head when the little girl was passing her.
"I don't snore. That's a defamation of character." Sana got up from the sofa and looked very offended. She glanced at Jihyo and Momo and saw that they tried to hold their laugh in. It was their doing for sure. They wouldn't go a day without targeting Sana.
"But it's true. Even auntie Mina said so." After that Momo couldn't hold her laughter anymore. It was barely believable that Mina would do it. But Tzuyu didn't lie. Jihyo shook her head with a big smile.
"This is the best day ever." Jihyo said and then patted Sana on the shoulder. Sana couldn't believe that Mina betrayed her like that. And just in time, Mina walked in with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. She looked around in confusion. 
"What happened?" Mina liked that they were laughing happily but the fact that Sana wasn't, gave her an idea. She knew what that was about.
"You told them I snore?" Mina moved to the table and put the plate with pancakes on it. Momo sat on her chair and tried to calm herself. She never thought she would live the day when Mina would join them in teasing Sana. 
"Well, it could be something worse." Mina gave Sana an apologetic smile. Sana was dumbfounded. Was that still Mina? Or did something change in her after their talks? 
"We promise we won't tell anyone. Just Jeongyeon and Nayeon." Chaeyoung's words were barely understandable because of the big piece of pancake in but everyone understood. They all started their mocking laughs again. Sana still pretended to be offended to let the kids have more fun. She glared at everyone and then sat with them. 
"You are all lucky that I love you. And if you don't have proof that I snore your words are invalid." All three kids communicated with the eyes. They didn't have any proof. And that meant they couldn't tease Sana anymore. But then a genius idea was born.
"Mina can record you." Dahyun spoke up and Tzuyu and Chaeyoung clapped at her idea. Jihyo didn't expect that Dahyun would come up with such an idea but it was all fine as long as the kids would have fun and wouldn't hurt themselves or others. Sana sighed in defeat. There was no way out of that. 
"I make sure we get it recorded." Momo joined in and got high fives from the kids. Mina caught Sana's gaze. Sana smiled warmly at her to let her know she didn't mind that. Mina nodded and went back to laughing with everyone.


"Just tell me. Is it too early?" Nayeon's face was a few centimeters away from Jisoo's face. That evening Nayeon and Momo were going on a date. Something that wasn't out of ordinary. But Nayeon had a talent to turn everything difficult. She couldn't decide if it was too early to ask Momo to be her girlfriend. And to be honest, Jisoo thought they were already dating. And Nayeon said that those were not the same things. Then mentioned that she wouldn't let what happened to Mina and Sana happen to them. Jisoo had no idea what that meant. Sometimes Nayeon didn't make sense.
"I don't think so. Just ask her honestly. If she says yes then that's great. If she says let's wait for a little it's also great." Nayeon moved away and Jisoo could finally breathe normally. Jisoo was right. Nayeon thought the same way. But she was still afraid that Momo wasn't over the whole situation with Jinyoung. "But you know. You would have to say something to the public. I mean, your fans think that everything that happened was a part of your new drama. And that Momo and Tzuyu are actresses. I don't blame them. Who would go out dressed as jokbal and a dog during the day for fun?" Nayeon didn't catch Jisoo's last words. Though she didn't give much thought. She didn't have a problem with telling her fans that Momo and Tzuyu were her family. So she might just tell everyone after Momo would accept her as her girlfriend. 
"I will after Momo says yes. Do you think I should ask Mina first?" Jisoo shot Nayeon a weird glance. Nayeon had no idea what that meant. So she gestured for Jisoo to elaborate.
"Are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend or wife? I don't think you need Mina's permission for that." Jisoo observed Nayeon as she was thinking. The nerves were just getting to Nayeon's head. Jisoo wanted to help her relax but nothing really helped. She had never seen Nayeon so anxious before. She wasn't panicking even before her debut or first award show. 
"What if I ask already if I can have Momo's hand so that I don't have to do that later?" Jisoo stared at Nayeon blankly. She got closer to Nayeon and knocked her over the head. Nayeon whined a little and massaged the place that got hurt.
"Nayeon. Everything is going to be okay. I promise. Stop panicking. Momo loves you, Tzuyu loves you. I am sure that Mina isn't weirded out by you anymore and Sana is somehow similar to you. And let's be honest, you are a part of their family already." Nayeon looked down for a few seconds and then raised it with a big smile. Jisoo always knew how to make her feel better. Jisoo smiled back at Nayeon and nodded to further gesture that Nayeon could handle it.
"Thank you, Jisoo. I am going to ask her with no fear. And remember, that you will be part of this family as well. I mean you already kinda are. We talk about you a lot there. You should come there more often." Jisoo rolled her eyes. She couldn't go there as often because someone had to keep Nayeon's career going. But she would admit that she liked all of them. And she was glad for that. She wouldn't handle it if she didn't like them and still had to be part of that because of Nayeon.
"Yeah, yeah. I will when you hire more managers and I wouldn't have to do everything alone." Nayeon giggled and patted Jisoo's back rather forcefully. Jisoo glared at her but got an innocent smile in exchange.
"Maybe I will. Though you would have to choose them. You are an expert in this." Jisoo nodded and pushed Nayeon's hand off her back. Nayeon walked across the room and checked herself once more in the mirror. Jisoo watched her from behind and smiled softly. She watched Nayeon being miserable for years and finally she was able to see Nayeon truly happy. Nayeon who smiled to herself during the day and had Momo and Tzuyu's photo as her phone background. Nayeon who worked with more passion and enthusiasm. And who's eyes were full of life. Jisoo was just happy that Nayeon was happy. When did she even start to care about Nayeon so much? When she wanted to run away from Nayeon the first time she met her and just couldn't stand her. But Jisoo decided that it didn't matter when she started to care about her. The important thing was that she loved her now and was just happy. 
"I should ask Tzuyu. I mean, it's her mom and I am going to be her second mom." Jisoo laughed at Nayeon's words. And when Nayeon heard that she started laughing along with Jisoo. She was being serious but if it made her friend laugh then so be it. 
"You know what? Just go already or you will be late. And I think it is very obvious that Tzuyu wants you as her mom from the beginning." Nayeon walked up to Jisoo and trapped her head in a hug. Jisoo struggled a little but it was no help. Nayeon let go when she decided that Jisoo needed more air. Then she planted a kiss on Jisoo's forehead and laughed when the manager wiped her forehead with a disgusted face.
"Don't stay up late. Sleep before midnight." Nayeon grabbed her purse and keys and moved to the door. Jisoo shook her head.
"Just go, mom." And Nayeon left with a big smile and no fear. She had a good feeling about it. Just like Jisoo who her laptop and thought to herself that she didn't need to worry about Nayeon anymore.


Momo was in awe but also a little shocked. Because Nayeon was glowing and she was very confident the whole time. Nayeon tended to be a little awkward sometimes. Momo thought that it was because of what happened with Jinyoung. But now, Nayeon acted like she was so sure of everything. And made Momo feel secured. If Nayeon was sure then that meant that she wouldn't leave. Momo glanced at their intertwined fingers and then at Nayeon's easy smile. They were just walking around the park and probably making everyone stare at them. It was Im Nayeon after all. Holding hands with some woman. It was the hottest news. Momo didn't care though. If Nayeon didn't worry about all those people then why should she? 
"So Jisoo told not to propose to you yet." Momo shot Nayeon a confused look. Though Nayeon kept her gaze on the road before them. "So I won't do it. But I can still do something else." Nayeon stopped them and looked at Momo with the most loving eyes and Momo didn't care what Nayeon was going to ask her. She would still agree. Which on a deeper thought was not that good. "I know I wasn't the best. I lied to you and created a whole situation when you, Tzuyu and Jinyoung were very hurt. And I tried hard to fix it. So I hope I was able to do that. And I wanted to ask Mina and Tzuyu first but Jisoo told me not to. Well, I am rambling. I just wanted to ask if you would like to be my girlfriend?" Nayeon took a deep breath after saying so much on one breath. And Momo just kept smiling. She was glad Nayeon asked about that. Even if the answer was very obvious. 
"You know? Ask Tzuyu when we are back. She will be so overjoyed. She already started calling you mommy when she only talks with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. So, yes. I would like to be your girlfriend. One thing though. Don't do all those embarrassing things again. I can't take talking with you dressed as jokbal." Nayeon let out a hearty laugh at the memory. She didn't regret doing that. It did make Tzuyu happy. Even if Momo still wasn't. It didn't matter then though. Because Momo was her girlfriend now and all was just right. 
"I will then. It makes me so happy that she calls me that. I will do my best to a cool mom. And no more jokbal costume. Though admit, that it's just because you wouldn't be able to resist me in it." Nayeon smirked at air because Momo left after Nayeon's lame response. But it wasn't a bad thing. Nayeon smiled and ran after Momo then jumped at her back when she caught up to her. She started laughing and Momo joined her immediately. Momo's arm circled around Nayeon's waist and Nayeon's around Momo's shoulder. 
"So, you wanted to propose to me?" Momo asked once all the laughter subsided. She was only curious. It was too early for marriage but she liked the thought of that. Her parents would definitely like Nayeon. Or so Momo wanted to think. Nayeon and Sana were somehow similar. Not in everything but they shared the talent to be completely embarrassing. Her parents wouldn't like that. They would forbid her from meeting Nayeon after the whole situation with Jinyoung. She wouldn't blame them though. 
"Well... I am planning on doing this. Not now. But in 4 years?" Momo shook her head. Though she hoped that exactly that would happen in 4 years. And she had a random thought that was kinda related to the topic. 
"I wonder if Sana will propose. I mean, they were together for what? 5 years?" Nayeon gave it a little thought. She witnessed how Mina and Sana are and she was surprised that they weren't married already. But then seeing how the two of them communicate it wasn't that surprising anymore. Though after all the effort they put into helping Mina it would change. 
"Maybe Mina will propose?" Momo snorted and wanted to laugh but she saw that Nayeon was serious. There was no way Mina would propose. 
"Mina would never. I know her. If Sana didn't propose they would never get married." Nayeon opted not to argue with Momo about her own sister. At least Momo wouldn't ask her about her proposal anymore. Even Nayeon would admit it was a little too early to plan that. 
"I will talk to Sana. And don't you think Jihyo is lonely? I mean, she has us but wouldn't she want a boyfriend?" Momo smiled at Nayeon's silliness. It was pretty normal though. For Nayeon's standards. And it all should be fine if Nayeon would not be too overbearing with them.
"I guess. We should ask Jeongyeon what type of men she likes. You could ask some actor." Nayeon looked like she was totally into that. And she was just happy that Momo went along with her. She really didn't have to worry anymore. 
"I could. And I bet she likes men that are as boring as her. Someone that knits, helps everyone and likes when everything is in order." Nayeon shared her predictions and Momo nodded along. Then there was a little moment of silence before they both looked at each other.
"So like Mina?" Momo asked and received a slow nod. At least their search for a guy for Jihyo would be much easier.
"I will look for a male version of Mina then. I have even an idea now." 


"I have a weird feeling." Jihyo announced and Jeongyeon looked up from her lego set and Mina from the scarf she was knitting next to Jihyo. The kids were playing on the other end of the room while Sana decided to just lie down and put her head on Mina's lap and read some fashion magazines.
"Like?" Jeongyeon waited for Jihyo to gather her thoughts and explain. But it was hard to explain. Jihyo just felt like something was waiting for her and it wasn't exactly fun.
"I can't describe it." Jihyo looked from Jeongyeon to Mina and waited for understanding. Mina nodded with a smile and Jeongyeon just shrugged. She was sure Jihyo was just exaggerating. 
"I get it. Just tell me if this feeling bothers you more." Jihyo smiled back at Mina with gratitude and started knitting her beanie again.
"I bet it's nothing. You always worry about anything." Sana commented and got hit on the forehead by Jihyo. But she didn't care and just stick out her tongue at Jihyo. Mina shook her head and put her hand on Sana's mouth. 
"Let's just forget about it and focus on the things we are doing." Everyone obeyed Jeongyeon's request and the room was once again filled with a silence that was interrupted by occasional sounds of turning pages, legos, and knitting. Or until one of the little kids yelled. But that wasn't anything that would destroy their relax.