Chapter 13

A Good Person

I am so sorry for such a long wait. I wasn't feeling fine this week and didn't feel like writing. But now I am very much happy and I am more than fine. So I, of course, wrote this chapter. And I will try my best to update on the weekend though I won't be home tomorrow until night. I won't make you guys wait so long again. Also, no one asked but the accident at the beginning is based of a real accident. This happened to me. I was holding my little cousin and I slipped on the stairs. So it brought back those memories.

 

 

Living without parents somehow never became easier but Momo and Mina didn't let that discourage them. Even if Momo's boyfriend just left her like that. Mina was really just helpless. Momo was affected by it all. And Mina soon found out why. When she heard it the first time she thought Momo was just joking. But then she looked closer and saw honesty. Momo was pregnant. It was definitely not an ideal thing for them. Financially. They just started studying at Uni. They worked part-time. So Mina did what she had to do. She took a few jobs along her studies and made sure that Momo and the future child would have the best conditions to live in. Momo felt bad that her sister had to work so hard and then study as well. Mina didn't even have any time for herself. And Momo was working until she could. But she had to stop due to her pregnancy. And then after Tzuyu was born she had to stay with her at home. So still everything was on Mina's shoulders. What was always shocking to Momo was that they were a family but somehow Momo and Tzuyu had more than Mina. What gave Momo some peace was Sana. Well, Momo still thought that Sana was weird for a long time. She stalked Mina for a year after all. But Mina somehow fell for the most clumsy, most oblivious girl. Sana even nearly set their house on fire once. And actually set herself on fire once. And Sana was loud, and she said lame things. She embarrassed them a lot. But somehow, she was still loveable. So Momo accepted Sana as a member of their family in the end. Sana was actually overjoyed when she could be part of their family. Her family disowned her because she wanted to be a fashion designer instead of a lawyer and she was also done with them controlling her life. So she left them. Sana might've felt a tad bit sad about that. Though she was free and it was the most important thing. It was also easier for them financially. What was funny to Momo as well was how Sana acted with Tzuyu. Sana was scared to get the newborn in her arms. No matter how many times Mina and Momo told her it was fine. Sana would just talk to the baby in their arms. She would act silly to make Tzuyu laugh. But she never lifted her up. She would only hug Tzuyu when they were lying in bed. Tzuyu grew older and she wanted to get on Sana's arms herself. And Sana only took her when she was sitting. Mina thought that Sana's fear was unnecessary. But it made sense. Though Mina doubted Sana was that clumsy to drop a child. Nonetheless, Sana never risked. Until Tzuyu was already three and Sana somehow became surer of herself. Though it seemed that just as Sana became comfortable it shattered quickly with a fall.

Sana knew she couldn't be trusted with handling Tzuyu. Why did Momo and Mina allow her to pick the little girl up and go down the stairs with her? They were just supposed to go down and wait for Momo and Mina by the lake. But of course, Sana wasn't able to do such a simple thing. She was already in the middle of the stairs why did it have to happen? Sana could only feel her heart stop when her foot lost the surface underneath and she only had a split of a second to do something. She let go of Tzuyu and the little girl landed on one of the stairs and started crying immediately after she hit it. Sana got up at the speed of the light and picked Tzuyu up. She prayed to God to let Tzuyu be okay. She would never forgive herself if something happened. Her heart was racing so fast it was about to jump out of her chest. Sana looked over Tzuyu's body and only saw a simple bruise under her eye. She thanked God it was the only thing. 
"What happened?!" Momo ran down the stairs and picked Tzuyu up immediately. Sana didn't know what to say and she was about to breakdown in tears. Momo looked up and down over Sana and gasped. "Sana your legs." Sana only then thought about checking if she was fine. She looked down and saw a lot of blood oozing out of a few big cuts on her knees and calves. She could also see huge bruises on her thigh and around the wounds. She didn't even feel pain. She didn't realize she was hurt. 
"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to. I just slipped." Sana tried to explain everything to Momo as best as she could. She also tried to do it in such a way that Momo wouldn't hate her. But Momo just shook her head and started going up with heavily sobbing Tzuyu. Sana wasn't sure if she was supposed to follow her until Momo looked back at her and motioned to her with head. Sana started walking up the stairs and her legs started to slowly hurt. Her legs were incredibly stinging.
"Mina get the first aid kit." Mina looked at Tzuyu and the little girl was just sniffling at that point. Mina checked her head and touched lightly the place of the bruising. Tzuyu winced and squeezed Momo's neck. Mina was relieved when she felt that everything was okay. Then slowly Sana climbed up with the lowered head. She was crying from all the emotions and pain in her legs. Mina's stomach dropped when she saw Sana like that. She walked fast to Sana and put her arm around her shoulders.
"Come on, you need to sit. I will tend to your wounds." Sana started crying even more upon hearing Mina's voice and feeling her arm around her. Mina supported her to not let Sana fall on the ground.
"I am so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I knew I shouldn't have taken Tzuyu in my arms." Mina pretty much dragged Sana to a bench and sat her down. She took Sana's head in her hands. Sana still refused to meet Mina's eyes.
"Tzuyu is fine. She isn't even crying anymore. She will just have a bruise. You didn't do anything. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself, please." Mina held Sana's head tighter for their gazes to meet. When Sana finally looked at her Mina smiled at her warmly. "Look." Mina pointed at Momo who was sitting in front of them with Tzuyu on her lap. The little girl was observing Mina and Sana with a worried look. She could tell her auntie was in a lot of pain and it made her sad. Sana nodded slowly and Mina leaned to leave a kiss on Sana's forehead. Then she let go of Sana's head to grab the first aid kit. Sana started to calm down and she sent a weak smile to Momo and Tzuyu. Momo reciprocated it and Tzuyu jumped off her mom's lap and ran to Sana. She sat next to Sana and put her arms around Sana's waist. When Mina came back she was met with Tzuyu burying her face in Sana's waist and Sana the little girl's head.
"It's a miracle you didn't break your neck." Momo wanted to joke but perhaps it wasn't the time because Mina shot her a glare. "Sorry. The important thing is you are both fine." Then Sana let out a yelp suddenly and startled all of them. Momo saw Mina pulling away her hand from Sana's leg with gauze.
"It's just water." Mina's comment made Tzuyu giggle and Sana to frown. Momo shook her head. Sana was really weaker than Tzuyu, huh?
"It still stings like hell." Tzuyu gasped loudly and Momo had to laugh out loud. Mina rolled her eyes as she knew it would be a hard task to finish tending to Sana's wounds.
"Auntie Sana you can't say that." Sana looked apologetically at Tzuyu and then screamed again when Mina touched the wound with the gauze. But this time she didn't pull away. 
"I need to clean it. Sana stop." Sana whined and puffed her cheeks. She was trying her best to stay still as Mina was cleaning the wounds and Momo was having a blast on her behalf. Tzuyu took her hand and held it tight.
"Auntie Sana, it's okay. Auntie Mina will make it better." Sana smiled at the little girl through the pain. She was very relieved that Tzuyu was okay but she would definitely never take her on her arms again. They were lucky it ended just like that. But if Sana were to take Tzuyu up again it could end worse. Sana was just a hazard to life after all. Not only she ended up getting hurt a lot but she had to hurt her family as well.

"We need to be really quiet." Chaeyoung whispered to her two friends that were sitting behind her holding hands for dear life. They were in danger. Jeongyeon was waiting just there in the middle of the living room lying on the floor. She was pretending to be a monster for the three girls. She didn't complain about that though. She could just chill on the blanket on the floor. She must've admitted that rich people's houses feel different. Maybe it was about the peaceful neighborhood. Or perhaps it was that Hirai's house was full of food and Jeongyeon never complained about getting hungry. She could hear the little kids walking very slowly towards her. She was supposed to be protecting a treasure. Which was Gucci. And she was just glad the tiny dog lied next to her without trouble. The three kids were closer and closer until someone surprised them from behind. They all let out a screech and started to run away from Sana. Jeongyeon took it as her cue to get up and she cut the way for the kids on the other end. All three looked from Jeongyeon to Sana and thought they were going to lose. Chaeyoung couldn't let her friends fall. She had to think fast about how to escape. She looked at Dahyun and Tzuyu behind her, they were still clinging to each other. Then it was decided. Chaeyoung let out a war cry and jumped Jeongyeon. 
"Dahyun, Tzuyu! Take Gucci and run I will take them." Jeongyeon let her little sister bring her down to the floor and she pretended to be defeated. Sana looked at Dahyun and Tzuyu that were still deciding if they should listen to Chaeyoung and leave her to the monsters. Then she took it as an opportunity to try luck. She grabbed Tzuyu's shirt and tried to bring her in her arms. Tzuyu let out a gasped and looked at Sana with worry. But Sana didn't expect to find herself on the ground in a second as Dahyun took her down. Chaeyoung was busy with Jeongyeon but she looked back at her friends when she heard Tzuyu's gasped and she smiled proudly. 
"Good job, Dahyun. Let's take those monsters down. Tzuyu, take Gucci." Tzuyu shot Chaeyoung a quick glance and after some hesitation, she ran to Gucci who was lying on the floor unbothered. Tzuyu took him in her arms as best as she could and made her way out of the room. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were still trying to defeat the monsters by slapping Jeongyeon and Sana on their bodies. Sana started laughing after a while and it affected everyone else. Jeongyeon and Sana then admitted defeat and praised the brave kids.
"Who have thought you three are so brave." The kids puffed their chests proudly. Jeongyeon shook her head as Chaeyoung would never stop talking about it.
"Dahyun, you were so cool." Dahyun scratched her chin after Tzuyu's compliment and smiled goofily. Chaeyoung slapped her on the back and it got rid of the smile. 
"You were awesome. We can totally win one more time." Jeongyeon and Sana looked at each other worriedly. They didn't really want to go through that again. They had enough slaps for a day.
"Maybe let's eat snacks now. I think Mina and Jihyo will nag us if we won't do what they told us to." Jeongyeon truly liked Mina, Sana, and Momo. She could see why Jihyo talked so much about Mina all the time. She also couldn't see why Jihyo was so hard on Sana at first. Sana was hilarious. She felt like she could identify with Momo. Like they were the same people. It was great. And there was Nayeon who was totally loud but funny. Jeongyeon wasn't sure if she was funny on purpose or not but it was fine either way. Jisoo looked sometimes as if she was ready to die any second. And Jeongyeon could see why sometimes. But the manager always provided the most interesting stories about Nayeon and Jeongyeon couldn't complain.
"Nag is a nice word for it." Sana joked and got a laugh out of Jeongyeon. The kids were confused though. But they didn't bother with that much. 
"And what would you call it then?" Sana turned her head towards the voice and saw a creepily smiling Jihyo. Jeongyeon decided she didn't have to take the blame and left the living room with the three kids and left Sana alone to her fate.

A week had passed. A week that was full of hard work. Nayeon didn't let herself take a break even for a second. She had to do everything so that Momo would accept her. There was no giving up in Im Nayeon's dictionary. Nayeon was trying hard to figure out where to take Momo that time on a date but all she could think was somewhere where she could get food. And so she did just that. Which was actually her house. She kicked Jisoo out for that day. Read she told Jisoo to go to the Hirai's. The manager wasn't sure what was the difference where she would be but Nayeon literally begged her. As she said Jisoo needed to get closer to her future family. There was no arguing with Nayeon of course, so Jisoo did just that. Nayeon prepared everything herself and made sure that it would perfect. There was no place for a mistake.
"Nayeon, please, relax." Momo put her hand on Nayeon's shoulder to get the actress out of her thoughts. Momo was really in awe that Nayeon prepared the whole dinner herself and that she also decorated the place. Momo could tell how genuine Nayeon was with all of it. She made a huge mistake but it was evident Nayeon truly regretted it. She has apologized to Momo every day since they made up. It was very hard to still be upset in any way with Nayeon.
"I am sorry. I was just wondering if Jisoo isn't boring the rest." Momo laughed a little. Nayeon obviously didn't say what she actually was thinking about but this was very believable. 
"I was surprised that you sent her to them. I was expecting Jisoo to sit here and die a little every minute." Nayeon grinned and nodded. But that was why she didn't want Jisoo there. She could spend one evening without getting clowned by Jisoo.
"I feel like she found a kindred spirit in Mina. Apparently, they go through the same pain or something." Momo thought about it for a moment and couldn't really put her finger on what Jisoo meant. Nayeon had no idea either. What was so painful about being with them? They couldn't tell.
"She better watch out for jealous Sana. She will kill Jisoo with her puffed cheeks." Nayeon very much liked how the evening was going for them. She has even seen Momo's true smile. And she heard Momo's laugh. Nayeon considered it a win already. What was also important was that they were able to talk comfortably. 
"Sana gets jealous? About what?" Momo had to admit Sana didn't have many opportunities to feel jealous. Mina simply never gave her a reason to be jealous. About a person at least.
"You haven't seen Sana after Mina ignored her for a video game. Mina didn't speak to her for three days." Nayeon was confused about why Mina was the one that ended up not talking to Sana. But Momo didn't let her wonder for long." Sana deleted Mina's saves. Well, it was accidental but Mina was still upset. You just simply don't mess with Mina's games." Nayeon laughed out loud and Momo really found that the most beautiful sound. 
"I will remember. I don't want to experience that." Momo nodded to support Nayeon's words. Then they fell into a comfortable silence. They continued eating. They didn't have to say anything. But at the same time, Nayeon thought like she had to say something. She had to tell Momo everything. She needed to explain how it was for those three years. She just wanted to be fully honest with Momo. So Nayeon cleared to get Momo's attention.
"I know I shouldn't destroy this peaceful and easy atmosphere but I need to explain to you what happened with Jinyoung." Momo put down her spoon and wiped with the napkin. She knew this talk had to happen but she didn't feel like rushing it at the same time. But nonetheless, she let Nayeon explain. She tried to listen with understanding. Nayeon told her truly everything. Starting from how unhappy and dull her life was. She made her dream come true but she lost many things in return. She had to leave her family in another city. She could only see them a few times a year. Her only friend was Jisoo. Her work was exhausting. She just felt unhappy in her happy life. Momo could understand that. She also felt that way before. So she had a different look at Nayeon's relationship with Jinyoung. She still thought it was wrong to lie to him and play with his feelings though. But Nayeon needed that. She needed someone to give her love. It was obvious Nayeon was desperate as she told Momo she would've married Jinyoung if she never met anyone else. And she met that someone. It wasn't a secret anymore that Nayeon loved Momo. Nayeon said that so many times Momo lost count. But she was sure Tzuyu knew the exact number. The little girl was overjoyed since Momo forgave Nayeon. She was already planning their wedding if Momo had to guess. But it made the situation somewhat better. Tzuyu never asked for a second parent before and Momo never thought of that either. So it must've meant something if suddenly both of them thought that Nayeon could be that parent. Momo embraced Nayeon after. To let her know Momo really forgave her. They stayed that way for as long as it was comfortable. Which was quite a lot. They definitely both needed that. They parted for the night with light hearts and easy smiles. They could only think about how they would spend the next day. They had a great feeling. That perhaps happiness had a key to their locked doors. And there was no problem for her to enter their lives again.