chapter fourteen

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura stepped out of the bathroom, conveying emotions that she certainly haven't shown before. She and Chaewon had left things uncleared, they were just starting and they were doing fine. But somehow, the latter decided to stop whatever it is that they were having, saying that they should sort their feeings out first.

 

Well what is there to sort? I've told her I fancy her trillion times and she feels the same way, we had our own silent understanding but all of a sudden she feels unsure?

 

Those thoughts clouded her mind, her fiancée was calling out to her but it seems like the Japanese couldn't hear a thing. She was too engrossed in her own thoughts, thinking where she went wrong.

 

"Yah unnie, are you okay?" This time, Minjoo placed her palm on top of her fianceé's shoulder, finally being able to capture the latter's attention. However, instead of getting an answer, the older shoved the other's arms away and turned her back against Minjoo who was a bit taken aback with her curt actions.

 

But being the understanding lass that she is, the brunette just lets her be. She knew that getting into an argument with Sakura is a stupid thing to do and it will only lead into a fight, so she kept shut and tucked herself to sleep as well.

 

 

The next morning, breakfast was filled with deafening silence. The parents were worried about the unusual atmosphere between the engaged pair, of course they tried to know what's wrong but the beauty would tell them that everything is fine, school was just eating them alive.

 

What's really surprising is that, for their usual day, the bickering duo would always come to school separately. However today, it seems like the cherry blossom doesn't really give a damn about whatever word gets around because she told their parents that Minjoo and her will be going to school together starting today.

 

"Minjoo and I are engaged but why is it that none of us is wearing a ring like any other engaged couple?" The grey haired lass blurted out all of a sudden, surprising everyone in the kitchen while her partner chokes upon hearing that.

 

"R-ring?" The brunette stutters, completely flustered at what she just heard. The younger looked at the girl parallel to her with eyes opened widely, she searchers for a hint of sarcasm in her orbs but all the latter saw is seriousness.

 

"I-I mean that's great honey but is it okay for the two of you? You both asked the arrangement to be kept private but wearing a ring and coming to school together isn't exactly keeping it private." Sakura's mother points out, clearly puzzled while the other three are just left stupefied.

 

"I'm fine wearing a ring with her, what's the point of keeping it private when everyone will eventually find out anyway? You want to wear one, Min?" The Japanese asked, orbs not leaving the other's.

 

"Y-yeah s-sure." Minjoo blushed internally upon saying that, she instantly tore her gaze away from her fianceé's alluring pool.

 

"Great, let's go shop for a ring together when school ends today. I'm going ahead, just come to the car when you're done eating so we can go." The cherry blossom casually said before taking her leave and the younger followed suit minutes later.

 

They arrived in school with a few more minutes to spare before class starts. The university was packed with students, so the moment that the bickering duo stepped out of the car together brought so much attention. Everyone stopped what they were doing and all eyes were literally on them.

 

However, the ride on the way was still silent, even in class, Sakura was barely even talking to her partner which is very unusual. Although the brunette understood the current situation that the older lass is in, she's still confused as to why the latter proposed those things earlier.

 

When lunch time came, unlike before when two groups shared one table, this time it was as if they were back to how they were a few months ago. Chaewon was sharing the table with Minjoo and her friends. She too was silent and barely even talking, there's remorse present in her eyes everytime she would steal a glance to a certain Japanese a few tables away but not even a second after she'll shift her gaze elsewhere.

 

Meanwhile, four girls are looking at the same person with confusion. They were wondering about the weird atmosphere around a certain trio, just yesterday the grey haired lass was ecstatic about her date with her fairy crush, now it seems like they've been avoiding each other. Not only that, but they were quite surprised upon hearing that the bickering duo went to school together.

 

"So, should we go to the arcade together?" Yena asks, trying to disregard the tensed atmosphere that has been set up around them. The other three agreed upon the suggestion but a certain grey haired lass didn't.

 

"Can't do today, Minjoo and I will be buying our engagement ring later." Hearing that, the maknae spat the liquid in out, directly hitting a certain Kang who was far more surprised than to actually care.

 

"R-ring? W-what?! I mean, WHAT?!" Nako exclaims, slamming her hands on the table loudly which definitely earned unwanted attentions.

 

"Yeah, we're engaged but we're not wearing a ring how is that proper?" Right now, the four just couldn't exactly believe their ears. For them, it seems like Sakura have gone crazy, or she might be having a split personality disorder because of how different she's been acting lately.

 

"Don't you think you're wasting money? I mean I get that you're rich but you're going to break off the engagement anyway, and aren't you somehow dating Chaewon? Seriously what is up with the people of the Earth lately." Upon the mention of a certain raven, the Japanese jerked a little. The memory of last night came to her mind, hurting her once again.

 

"Chaewon stopped whatever it is we're having. She's not making any sense, she said she likes me and all, but all of a sudden we should sort our feelings out first. What is there to sort?" The cherry blossom clenched her fist unconsciously, she was pissed, but at the same time she couldn't exactly be mad at her. She loves the girl, right?

 

 But unlike the oblivious Japanese, Hyewon knew exactly what the younger raven meant. With that, she glanced over to their side of the table and saw a particular lad approaching a certain beauty.

 

"Heads up, Junkyu's making moves on your fiancée, Kkura." The long haired lass utters while wiping the mess that their youngest had caused.

 

"Yeah? Good for him then." She retorted back, however, her actions were on the contrary to her words. The short haired girl couldn't help but plant her gaze on her partner, she saw how the brunette would laugh around him, and it doesn't please her, not even a tad bit.

 

 

"Let's go." Sakura said, swiftly packing her things up and leaving the class the moment the bell rang without even waiting for her partner. She simply, just left the other who ran in an instant to catch up to her.

 

Meanwhile, five other girls have gathered together, their eyes boring on the pair's retreating figure.

 

"Raise your hand if you want to spy on them." A certain duck lipped lass suggested, immediately, the other four raised their hands up, and so they have come to an agreement.

 

Back to the bickering duo who's currently on their way to the mall, the ride was exactly how it is like a while ago. Silent, deafening silence as a matter of fact. Not one wanted to break the thick brick of ice between them. Minjoo was texting someone, and the other simply looking outside. A couple of minutes later and they've arrived at the mall parking.

 

"Ms. Sakura, your mother wanted to tell you both to just get whatever it is that you want, don't mind the price of the ring. Your card will cover the expenses of the rings." Mr. Nam reminded the Japanese before they could get out of the car, she gave him a nod before stepping out of the car.

 

The cherry blossom was leading the way with Minjoo following right behind. They entered a classy jewelry store with the staffs greeting them in an instant. Flashy accessories surrounding every edge of the space.

 

"Go around the area and searched for something you like, just tell me if you see anything that catches your eye." Sakura said before parting ways with the brunette. The two looked around the store separately, Minjoo searching for a particular ring that is simple yet has its own charm.

 

From the corner of her eyes, one simple ring have caught the beauty's attention. A thin and simple band of gold with five pieces of dimond layered on top across, each of different sizes. The older had noticed her fiancée seemingly engrossed on that particular ring, with tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter