chapter one

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The breezy air whisks along the city as a new day begins, blowing past every corner that comes its way. As the wind blows past her, the girl holds her hair to prevent the wind from disarraying her freshly combed hair.

 

"Such a windy day today." The lass says and tucks her hair behind her ear as the wind continues to brisk past her.

 

After assuming she had 'fixed' her hair, she continued walking to the pathway she intended to go to in the beginning. When she reached her destination, she stares in awe at the structure presented before her.

 

The building was built during the mid 90s but nevertheless, it still looked like it was constructed just recently. She found respect to the people who had maintained the details and features of the building very well.

 

Disrupting her admiration for the building was a bunch of girls arguing and yelling right in front of the school gate.

 

 

It was the first day of school, students scatter all throughout the campus as the sun shines brightly along with the fresh, comforting breeze. It's the beginning of a new year for everyone, well, everyone except for two group of friends who can't seem to finish fighting over something so silly.

 

"No, we're going in first!" A certain cherry blossom argues as she lead her crew in attempt of crossing the campus gate only to be held back by one particular beauty.

 

"No you're not!" The latter rebukes, imitating the actions made by the older awhile ago but just like the other, she wasn't successful.

 

The rest of the gang couldn't help but mentally facepalm themselves as they're starting to get annoyed with the duo's constant arguments. That's just how Sakura and Minjoo is, since freshmen year, they've marked each other as their own enemy, competing against everything.

 

Beauty, popularity, status, name it. They all wondered why because their friends actually get along pretty well, everyone except the two of them despite having so many similarities.

 

"Can't we just enter the gate all at the same time like friends without hearing you two bicker?" Nako blurted out, earning agreeing nods from their friends but a glare from the bickering duo.

 

"NO!" They both yelled at the same time.

 

"God I am so tired of witnessing your lover's quarrel, move, I'm heading to class first." Yena said and started walking past the pair with the others following behind.

 

"Lover's quarrel?! Yah Choi Yen-" The grey haired girl was about to chase after her friend when a girl right about her height, black locks with bangs, small face, alluring eyes, cute nose, and pink thin lips taps her shoulder, shyly brushing strands of hair behind her ear.

 

"H-hi I'm new h-here can I ask f-for directions?" She timidly asks, Sakura was stunned seeing the surreal enchantress in front of her that her brain fails to process the situation. Minjoo on the other hand fails to notice the presence at first, but when she whipped her head towards her enemy, she froze on her spot as well as it took her breath away. Feeling a bit uncomfortable with the duo's unmoving stares, the new girl cleared , pulling the two back from their daydream.

 

"S-sorry w-what was t-that?" Sakura can feel blush creeping on her cheeks, thus she started fanning herself.

 

"Can I ask for directions? It's my first year here. Excuse me for not introducing myself awhile ago, my name is Kim Chaewon, a junior transferee." This time, the raven spoke with much confidence, holding out her hand. The Japanese was about to take it but the other beats her to it.

 

"Hi Chaewon! I'm Kim Minjoo, yes you can ask for directions but it'll be better if I can accompany you to your class." The beauty said, voice coated with much enthusiasm and seeing that causes Sakura to frown.

 

"Hey she was asking for my help not yours! I'm Miyawaki Sakura, now come on I'll take you to your class." The older then broke the two's contact, but Minjoo being herself, she didn't want to lose to her and so she pulled the new girl's other hand towards her side.

 

"Yeah well you're too slow to respond so I get to take her!" And so another ruckus has began, leaving Chaewon in a daze as she tried to stop the two from bickering only to fail miserably. Fortunately for her, the peacemaker has arrived.

 

"Miyawaki! Kim! For goodness' sake it's the first day of school and you're already fighting!" Eunbi's yell was heard in the entire university, hearing the familiar terrorizing voice caused chills down to the pair's spine.

 

"I'm sorry, are these two bothering you with their two year unresolved lover's quarrel? I'm Kwon Eunbi, and you are?" The interferer introduced herself, followed by Chaewon.

 

"Well Chaewon, I suggest you take my offer in walking you to class instead of these two delinquents, trust me, they won't stop fighting till the end of the day and besides I'm a better company than these two, so let's go?" With that being said, Chaewon gladly accepted the older's offer, flashing the bickering duo an apologetic smile before walking away.

 

"But unnie-" Minjoo was about to insist on going with them but Eunbi shot daggers at her, causing her to back down, once again, the fairy looks back at the pair and gave them a sweet smile, stunning them the second time around.

 

"She's beautiful." The cherry blossom and the beauty said all at the same time, hearing each other, they locked gazes which eventually turns into an exchange of glares.

 

 

The bob cut haired girl entered the room with gasps echoing around her but the girl didn't mind any of it. Instead, she looked around and chose an empty chair to claim. She took a seat beside the window so she could look at the view beside her during class and when she was admiring the view, another round of gasps were heard inside her room which made her look at the source.

 

"You!" Sakura exclaimed pointing at the girl in front of the class but her gesture and outbreak was returned with the same gesture and intensity.

 

"You!" Minjoo widened her eyes as she sees the girl she had been arguing with ever since she had come to school.

 

The presence of the two had silence the whole class but was immediately replaced with groans. The class knew how much the two hates each other, they could never leave each other alone in peace, hence, the worried reactions of their classmates. The two fights even over the silliest and dumbest things everyone is afraid that it would make their class reputation go bad, even more, the unsettled atmosphere they bring inside the classroom.

 

The class stares with watchful eyes when Minjoo stomped her way to Sakura and dropped her bag on the latter's table, shocking her.

 

"You're sitting on my chair." Minjoo abruptly spoke towards the older.

 

"Yeah right." Sakura deadpanned while glaring at the girl before her.

 

"Move." 

 

"Not a chance, princess. I got here first." The grey haired girl stood up and smirked at the younger which made the latter's eyebrows twitch in annoyance.

 

Just as when the pair is about to start bickering again over a silly seat, Yena walks inside the classroom and made her way towards them, naturally sitting on the 'hot' seat that was the root of the argument. Minjoo and Sakura were surprised to see Yena sitting so casually on the chair and started to scold her for doing so.

 

"Yah, Yena! That's my place!" The brunette raised her voice, trying to portray dominance.

 

"What do you mean, yours? I got here first." The cherry blossom pointed her finger in the direction of the chair while she faces the former who's ready to have a clash with her once again.

 

"Whatever." Yena rolled her eyes at the pair, who are now, notoriously bickering about anything that each spoke of, seemingly forgetting about the very reason of their brawl. Despite the bell echoing inside, they didn't seem to mind much about the upcoming class.

 

When the teacher came in, she was about to give the class a good scolding regarding the disturbance that they have caused so early in the morning, but when she saw that the source was none other than Kim Minjoo and Miyawaki Sakura, she took a deep breath while placing her things on the desk and massaged her temples. She knew she had the worst luck of all but she didn't know that it would come down to this level.

 

The pair can wreak havoc in just a matter of seconds, and now both will be sharing a class for the whole year. As if she couldn't believe it, she flipped through the attendance list just to make sure, she was hoping that at least one of the pair is not in her class, but when she saw their names next together, her excitement and expectation for the class were crushed down. She was hoping for a good year this school year but with the two students in her class, everything disappeared like bubbles right in front of her very own eyes.

 

The young adult had to hit the table lightly a couple of times to get the attention of the two bantering kids in her class. And when the culprits have noticed the teacher's efforts to get their attention, they scurried away to look for an empty seat however, they were shocked to see that the only vacant seats left are a pair of seats parallel to one another.

 

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter