chapter five

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please don't let anyone else know.

 

Yena was scrambling her head as she tries to keep the secret from fumbling out of . The rest of the group didn't know about the engagement and Sakura and Minjoo had wanted to keep it that way especially from Chaewon. As much as she ships the two and tell the whole nation that ships them too, she respected her friends' decision. It's not going to be easy but she will try.

 

However, the thought of the two trying to cancel the wedding worries her. She feels that the two are meant for each other and should be for each other so she fished out her phone and sent her partner-in-crime a text.

 

Yena: hey yuri, i don't like the idea of sakura and minjoo cancelling the wedding

Yuri: me too

Yena: why don't we sabotage all of their plans?

Yuri: dude wtf that's a horrible plan, but i'm in

Yena: great, meet me at the usual and call the others too. me and yujin are thinking of a great masterplan that'll surely make minkkura the end game :D

Yuri: dunno if i should trust you two or nah but... cool

 

Yena placed her phone back in her bag and grinned from ear to ear at the thought of being the cause of the bickering duo to fall in love with each other in the end.

 

 

"You think they'll keep it a secret?" Minjoo suddenly asks as she walks out of the bathroom after her shower.

 

The grey-haired girl who was sprawled on the sofa playing with her switch did not even look at her partner before giving her an answer.

 

"I don't know."

 

"Aren't you worried?" The brunette asked getting agitated that the older doesn't seem to mind some of their friends knowing the arrangement between the two of them.

 

"I mean I can trust Yuri and Nako but I'm not sure about Yena, Hyewon and Yujin." The younger lass walked towards the bed preparing herself to sleep but the lack of response from the Japanese annoyed her.

 

"Don't you care about this?" Minjoo raises her tone with annoyance in her voice, seemingly getting irritated little by little as she watched the other mindlessly playing mario kart as if everything is fine and normal.

 

"For all I know, you secretly like the situation we're in." The beauty sneered at her companion, earning one simple glance from Sakura who fixed her eyes back on her switch afterwards.

 

"Nope. Not now, not ever." Was the only answer she got and it only annoyed her even more.

 

"So why aren't you worried about those three spilling the beans!?" This time, the beauty is no longer holding herself back. If the only way to catch the Japanese's attention is to yell at her then by all means, she'll gladly do so.

 

"Because they won't and by the time that they do, the wedding will already be cancelled. Now. Instead of worrying about them and having your daily tantrums, have you come up with a plan?" The cherry blossom was still playing with her switch without even glancing at the taller who's about to lose it while she stays annoyingly calm.

 

"Have you?" Minjoo counters because she came up empty when she racked her brains earlier.

 

"Yep." This time, the grey haired girl stood up from the sofa and stretched her limbs only to slouch back, walking towards the bathroom. The younger on the other hand, observed how the older girl is rather thin, too thin for her height as a matter of fact.

 

"We'll tell them we like someone else." With that, Sakura closed the door on Minjoo who was shocked with the light slam of the door.

 

"Like someone?" The latter asks herself, pondering what the older meant with that.

 

 

The engaged pair have insisted that they would be using different cars to get to school. They convinced their parents that they still weren't ready to tell the whole school about their situation and that going to school in the same car would just trigger unnecessary rumors.

 

Add to the fact that they would never want to be seen arriving in school together, never. When they stepped a foot inside the campus simultaneously, they simply did what they do best with each other, arguing.

 

"I call dibs in telling them I like Chaewon." When the Japanese heard this, she immediately faces the culprit to shoot glares.

 

"Hey! It was my idea, I should get to choose first!" Sakura complains at the brunette who doesn't seem a tad bit fazed about it.

 

"Who says you can have Chaewon just because you came up with the idea?" Minjoo smirked at the older girl while she opens the door to their class.

 

"Just tell them you like Hyewon, you both are clingy towards each other anyways." The former said with a hint of bitterness in her tone, she didn't know why but she wanted to say it to the grey-haired girl.

 

"Fine." Hearing that from the Japanse irked the younger when she didn't even protest.

 

"Oh and FYI, you can't tell them you like Chaewon because she doesn't know about the wedding and if our parents would talk to her about that, what're you gonna do?" The cherry blossom raised her eyebrow at the beauty as she placed her bag on the table and took her seat.

 

Minjoo had a confused look on her face and she hated the fact that somehow, Sakura was right.

 

"I suggest you take, Yujin. She knows and she said she'll help." The latter said as she smirked at her foe who was lost in her train of thoughts.

 

 

Hours passed and before they all knew about it, class has ended. Sakura together with her friends have just entered inside the coffee shop near their school. They were talking about the newly released game when the topic shifted out of the blue.

 

"So what's it like living with Kim Minjoo? It must be fun sleeping on the same bed together, huh?" Hyewon utters nonchalantly, causing the older girl to choke on her own drink.

 

"W-what are y-you t-talking about?" The cherry blossom struggles to say as she clears and glares at her friends who started teasing her upon Hyewon's cue.

 

"We don't sleep on the same bed. Mind you, I sleep on the couch and it's hell living with that spoiled brat. She bosses me around, she's always mad at me, always screaming, and she's frustratingly irritating." The grey haired girl spats out, simultaneously, the lass mentioned just so happens to step inside the very same café together with her friends as they were talking about her.

 

"Yul over here." Yena calls their hamster of a friend over, and when Sakura whips her head towards the entrance, she and her fiancée locked gazes. As much as the duo hates it, they ended up being in the same table because Yuri who dragged her friends with her and almost as if it was planned, the secretly engaged couple have been seated next to each other.

 

"Chaewon-ah sit here beside me." The beauty whines, trying to shove the Japanese out of the chair that she's sitting on.

 

"Yah, can't you see me sitting here? Why don't you just surrender your seat to Chaewon so that she could sit beside me and not have to deal with all your whinings." Sakura utters without thinking twice which offended the younger girl, resulting yet, into another one of their non-ending exchange of glares and arguments.

 

Before the bickering duo could gather more unwanted attention, the fairy squeezed her way in between them to cease the quarrel. It seems like she's accepted the fact that the only way to stop those two from fighting is if she put herself in the middle.

 

The pair's mood changes in an instant the moment a certain raven's presence gets in between. Funny how just a while ago, they were throwing shades and daggers, now it looks like their lips are going to fall off because of how wide their smiles are.

 

"See? I knew you couldn't resist not being with me." The bob cut haired girl claims, obviously full of herself which caused the brunette to roll her eyes.

 

"You do realize that she's actually here for me, right?" Minjoo retorted, only to put an end to her foe's pleasure.

 

"Why don't we all just agree that I'm here for the both of you? Jeez, you don't have to fight all the time." Chaewon jumps in, with that being said, the two girls had no other choice but to put an end to their argument. The beauty then stood up from her seat to order her food, leaving her fairy crush alone with her fiancée/rival.

 

 

Chaewon have noticed that the cookies that Sakura ordered were pushed lightly towards her, the former looked at the older girl and she saw how the lass smiled at her sweetly.

 

The latter gestured for her to take try some and so she did making the Japanese smile even more. She ponders over the thought that if Sakura would smile like that everyday instead of bickering with Minjoo, she would definitely fall for her.

 

"How was it?" The grey haired girl asked smiling to which the raven thought was a sincere one.

 

"It's good, thanks." Chaewon smiled back at the Japanese to try and show that she enjoyed the cookie however, the older one didn't seem to buy it.

 

"Just good?" Sakura raised her eyebrow in confusion, she had let her crush of a fairy taste the cookie that she loved from the cafe and she was quite disappointed when her crush just gave a 'good' remark on her favorite cookie. The younger had noticed the slight disappointment in her tone and tried to take back what she just said.

 

"I-i mean, I like it." The long haired girl said with sincerity, she honestly liked the cookie, so she wasn't really lying when she said that.

 

"Really?" This time, the cherry blossom had doubts coming from her question.

 

"Really, really." The fairy like girl then nodded her head while smiling, hoping to erase the doubts from the other and she was glad that she was successful this time, because she could see the charming smile of the older girl again.

 

"Take some more, if you want." Sakura pointed at the cookies and smiled at the younger girl to which she returned gratefully. The former then returned to conversing with Hyewon and Yena about a new game about to be released as Chaewon smiles at the lass beside her.

 

On the other hand, the black haired lass retracts her elbow after picking up a piece of cookie but as she did, she accidentally hit Minjoo's arms lightly causing the brunette's fork to fall.

 

"S-sorry, Minjoo." Chaewon quickly tries to pick up the fork on the ground and when she grabbed the fork, she had accidentally grabbed the beauty's hand. The singing angel was confused as to why the younger's hand was there but the latter is already blushing at the fact that they just held hands. Apparently, Minjoo was trying to pick up the fork herself but the other fails to notice it.

 

The fairy looked at those soft, captivating brown eyes and realized that the lass has been blushing. The older looked at the hand that she was holding and lets go gently, smoothly picking up the fork as she straightened up again.

 

Minjoo interlocks her gaze with her crush and beams gratefully.

 

"I'll go get you another one." Chaewon then left her seat making the grey-haired girl to look at where she was going and was interested when she saw her foe was blushing.

 

"Why are you all red, frog?" Sakura blurted out and the flustered face of the brunette was instantly replaced with a frown.

 

"None of your business, you dipstick." Minjoo then whipped her head looking away from the cherry blossom, frustrated that she just ruined her and Chaewon's moment whilst the older girl just rolled her eys and continued chatting with her friends.

 

 

Minjoo got home a few minutes after the Japanese did. As soon as she stepped inside the house, she was greeted with four adults and her fiancée seemingly on their way outside.

 

"Ah, hi?" The brunette greeted awkwardly because she is still left bewildered with the sight in front of her. She also noticed that Sakura changed her clothes into something more formal, to which the beauty finds that suited her well and so, the former wonders what it is all about.

 

"Hi honey, quick change your clothes upstairs. I know it's sudden but we have to go, the Miyawakis are throwing a family gathering to celebrate your engagement." Her mother reveals, she interlocks her eyes with the older, silently asking if she knew about it and the latter answers with a shrug.

 

"We'll go ahead, Mr. Nam will drive the two of you. See you later sweetie." With that, their parents finally left the house and the engaged couple finally sets the groans that they've been holding back free.

 

Minjoo followed Sakura up their room so she can change, since the cherry blossom said something about their parents preparing clothes for them. When she came inside the room she saw that there was a violet dress placed on top of the bed and as she went over to look at it, she realized that she had the same matching color that her partner is wearing.

 

"Matching colors? Really?" The goddess raised a brow at the smaller girl who was making herself comfortable on the sofa.

 

"Not my choice, I'd never wear matching outfits with you." The bob cut haired girl shivered at the thought and lets out a fake disgusted sound.

 

"Don't be so full of yourself, I don't even want to breathe the same air as you." The taller then grabbed the dress and headed to the bathroom with a triumphant grin on her face seeing as the older girl did not answer back anymore.

 

 

"Hey! What's taking you so long? We're gonna be late!" A certain Japanese knocked on the bathroom door loud enough for the person inside to hear it and just when she was about to knock again, she was shocked that her hand had not made contact with the door and revealed one Kim Minjoo clad in a violet knee length dress exposing her bare shoulders. Sakura was shocked to see the pretty girl in front of her and the brunette was quick to see the reaction of the lass before her so she instantly pushed the stunned older girl away and walked out.

 

"Hey!" The grey haired girl was brought back from the daze because of the push and went to chase after her partner.

 

"You were blocking the way." Minjoo smirked and walked out of the door leaving Sakura puzzled behind with her fists clenched unconsciously to vent out the rage inside.

 

Arriving outside the house where the car awaits, Mr. Nam opened the car door for the engaged pair to let them inside, however just as when the latter was about to step in, a certain girl resembling the whole zoo pulls her back and entered first. The action left her stupefied and followed the other inside afterwards.

 

"I was gonna get in already!" The cherry blossom exclaimed but the younger girl ignored her completely, as if she hadn't heard anything.

 

"Hey I'm talking to you!" Sakura held Minjoo's wrist to turn the lass around to face her and the sudden action caught her significant other by a surprise.

 

The beauty looked at the hand holding her wrist and then to the girl who owns it, and then she raised an eyebrow to the lass in front of her.

 

"What are you doing?" She then glanced down at their hands and when the culprit couldn't understand her question, she followed the gaze of the former and swiftly released her grip in a heartbeat.

 

"You just pushed me earlier, not once but twice. Have you got no manners, frog?" The grey haired lass was nagging, obviously displeased with her companion's rude actions, who by the way only rolls her eyes because of the other's remarks.

 

"You're the one who doesn't have manners. Haven't you heard of the saying ladies first?" Minjoo deadpanned, leaving Sakura with mouth agape and hearing that, the latter was taken aback so much that she fail to process every events.

 

After receiving no response, the brown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter