chapter six

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rise and shine lovebirds." A loud voice calls out to the engaged couple sleeping peacefully on the bed, the older being the first one to be pulled out from dreamland groans lowly as she hugged the frame beside her, thinking it was none other than her beloved pillow.

 

"Five more minutes, mom." She replied with a raspy voice, and upon hearing that the younger gradually flutters her eyes open, her eyebrows creased the first time she saw the ethereal sight in front of her. But as the memories of last night came flooding her mind, her eyes widened in surprise as her breathing hitched because of how close her face was with her fiancée, and god those pink parted lips, all the brunette wanted to do is to crash her own pair against her partner.

 

Was she always this beautiful?

 

Minjoo thought, her grip on the sleeping girl's shirt tightens as she felt her breath hitting her own bare skin. The way the latter's arms are wrapped around her waist, providing her some sort of warmth and comfort is only causing her heart to skip a beat.

 

Glancing at the figure behind the Japanese, there stood three unfamiliar girls wearing a wide sly grin.

 

As much as she wanted to sleep in a bit more, the beauty was quite nervous to see the unfamiliar faces looking at them and tried to wake up her fiancée from her slumber. She nudged her shoulder lightly and when it did not work, she peeked behind her and saw that one of the three lasses was holding up a pillow over her head. Before she could react, the girl had already slammed the pillow over the poor cherry blossom with a wham, jolting the once sleeping girl to wake.

 

"W-wha-?" The puzzled Japanese's eyes widened at the sudden shock and were still dazed as she looked around for what happened.

 

The younger had also sat up from the bed making Sakura look towards the girl who just moved and was left in awestruck as the brunette whipped her hair with her hand to fix it with strands of hair flawlessly flowing down on the side of her head.

 

Sakura was stunned in her place staring at the girl before her but when the goddess cocked her head to the position of the trio, the former also turned to look at the direction where the other was looking and to her surprise, it was none other than those three naughty cousins of hers, grinning widely.

 

The grey haired girl noticed that Momo was holding a pillow on her hand and so, realization suddenly hit her. The feline furrowed her eyebrows and hastily removed the blanket that was covering her body while slowly stretching her limbs.

 

"Yah!" The latter jumped out of the bed as fast as she could. Unfortunately for her, her dancer of a cousin has reflexes way faster than hers. She had a hard time catching up to older delinquent with obvious reasons that she’s way more versatile but when the younger had successfully cornered Momo, she hastily placed her in a headlock.

 

"I'm s-sorry, Saku-chan!" The taller said in between her laughter while the short haired girl pretends to choke her with a bit of a force.

 

The onlookers were enjoying the scene caused by the two troublemakers, slightly amused unexpectedly and even Minjoo was glad to have a laugh early in the morning.

 

After the engaged couple successfully shooed the trio from their room, they went on to prepare themselves for breakfast.

 

"D-did you have a good sleep?" The doe eyed girl stutters as she asks the lass who was fixing her hair and make-up. Sakura was sitting on top of the bed while waiting for the younger to finish her daily routine, however, Minjoo stole a glance at the older girl and the memories from last night flashed before her eyes as well as the close proximity they were in, this morning causing her blush to blush. Feeling the heat creeping up to her face, she turned her back against the former and muttered a yes.

 

The grey haired girl was glad that the other turned her back against her because if she didn't, she’s a hundred percent sure that the beauty will notice those tint shade of pink on her cheeks.

 

"W-we should go." The Japanese nervously said as she stood up from the bed and went out of the room followed by the taller that placed the brush on the table near her. However, before they could step out of the room, a familiar figure jumped in front of them without warning, startling the pair who swiftly took a step backward and leaned in on one another.

 

"Ohhh. I see you guys are very clingy to each other, huh?" Momo teased as she snickered away to let the two pass, not noticing the awkward tension between the fake couple as she exchanged whispers with her two Japanese comrades while chuckling slyly.

 

"Yah! Momo unnie, stop it with your pranks!" The cherry blossom was slightly displeased with her cousin’s silly antics and she wasn't really in a good mood to be playing along with them even if she usually is.

 

"What's wrong with you, Saku-chan? You'd usually play along with us." Mina placed a finger on her chin pretending to be thinking as her lips are pursed into a pout.

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with you?" This time Sana came up to the younger dangerously with their faces dangerously close, this action caught a certain brunette by a surprise, thinking that they’re way too close with one another.

 

"N-nothing. I'm sorry, unnies I just have a lot going on in my head now." Sakura realized that she was being unreasonably annoyed at her unnies who was just trying to enjoy their time together while it lasts after being away with each other for a very long time. Upon seeing the feline feeling remorseful about her reactions, the Japanese trio went closer to her and embraced her in a tight hug. After a few good minutes of hugging, where the doe eyed girl was literally trying to break free, Momo suggested they hurry towards the kitchen where their breakfast and their other cousins await.

 

Following behind the trio, the bickering duo refused to utter a word to each other because of the awkwardness caused by what happened last night, more particularly the kiss and this remained even when they were already at the dining table.

 

The pair sat beside each other and snickering could be heard from across the table where the Japanese trio were seated. Even though the grey haired girl was used to her cousins’ random teasing, she couldn't help but feel embarrassed because of that eventful moment last night. The two tried their hardest to act normal before the crowd, but the harder they try, they more awkward everything gets.

 

Momo, Mina and Sana were glancing at each other already snickering about how they should tease the lovebirds. The three were very close to the cherry blossom and not to mention very protective of her so when they were told about her being tied into some arranged marriage, they wanted to see her right away and ask her if she was forced to do it because if she was, they would help her get out of it.

 

But upon seeing the two being all cuddly and sweet inside their room earlier this morning made them squeal at the cute sight and assumed that the two were happy being engaged to each other and never in their life had they ever seen their cousin so cute while cuddling someone so in silent agreement the three decided to tease their tsundere of a cousin.

 

"Saku-chan~." Momo called out in a manner that the said girl knew in an instant will bring her bad news, this not only caught her attention but their other cousins’ as well.

 

"How was your sleep last night? Is there something you want to share with us?" The dancer said in a teasing tone while smirking followed by Mina and Sana who were wiggling their eyebrows, joining in on the fun.

 

The bickering duo were shocked at the sudden question because they knew they were cuddling last night and they also knew those three caught them earlier this morning, not only that but the memory of their mind blowing kiss came to their minds. So holding unto her cutlery tightly, Sakura trembled a bit, afraid to hear the banter that she knows will come anytime soon.

 

"Ohhh~ Do you know something, Momo unnie?" A voice from one of their cousins chimed from across the table.

 

"Ahh, well…" The eldest amongst them placed a finger on top of her chin, pretending to be contemplating whether she will spill the beans or not while switching her eyes on the engaged couple before her.

 

"They were all cuddly when I saw them this morning." Momo was hugging herself acting like she was embracing someone earning a few squeals from the others joining them in the dining table.

 

Seeing the embarrassing action and hearing the playful from the others, the grey haired girl hung her head down and fixated her eyes on her plate pretending like it was most interesting thing in the world.

 

The beauty beside her was not feeling any better than she is because no matter how hard she tried to hide her blush, she could feel it slowly creeping up her face that all she could do to hide it was to look down on her lap.

 

“Look at these two they’re blushing now." The feline flinched when she heard the comment and hoped that she had the power to be invisible right now or just merely be eaten up by the Earth’s surface.

 

Minjoo heard the same comment and tried to divert her attention from the embarrassment so she moved her hand to get her chopsticks but the nervousness she was feeling caused her to be clumsy that she accidentally hit her chopsticks.

 

The pair of sticks flew out of place with one falling on the table and the other on the floor. The short haired girl noticed the fallen chopsticks and swiftly stretches her hand to pick up the stick on the table only to feel a warm hand engulfing hers, causing her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter