chapter fifteen

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a thoughtful discussion, the parents had decided to talk to their kids about what they just heard. They had called the two girls down to their living room and the tension between them could be felt even if they tried to smile it away.

 

Their parents faces was full of shame seeing their daughters act like they were okay and with a final glance with one another, they nodded their heads in agreement.

 

"Is there something that you want to say to us, girls?" Sakura's father voiced out and for sure, it startled and confused the the bickering duo. Both of them looked at each other with surprise evident in their eyes because their parents were the one who called them down but somehow they felt that they know what the topic is going to be about.

 

"Can you excuse us for a second?" The cherry blossom abruptly stands when her permission was granted and dragged Minjoo away with her.

 

The brunette looked at the hand that was holding hers and she hated the fact that the older could still give her the butterflies even if she was hurt by this very girl in front of her. Realizing how she shouldn't forgive the other after what she just did, she pulled her hand forcefully away from the grip causing the short haired lass to look back and roll her eyes at the younger girl but did not say anything.

 

"What do you want?" The beauty herself was surprised that it came out rather harshly than how she intended it to be, she thought it must be because she despises Sakura so much right now.

 

"They are gonna break this up." The grey haired girl darted her index finger back and forth against their bodies and it made her partner raise an eyebrow not fully understanding what the older girl meant.

 

"They are cancelling the engagement" Sakura deadpanned and it caught Minjoo off guard.

 

Although she's really angry at Sakura, right now and wanted to get away from her. This cancelled engagement wasn't something she had in mind. She really hated the Japanese right now for everything that she has said but the thought of not having this lock and engagement with her will surely crumble down whatever is left of their relationship. Minjoo gulped at the threatening thought.

 

"S-so?" The brunette managed to breath out

 

"Let's act like we don't want to end the engagement." Minjoo apparently scoffed at the request because it was ridiculous. She was so sure that Sakura wanted this to end but she couldn't understand why they had to act like they didn't want it to happen.

 

"Why? I'm pretty sure you want this anyway." The brunette crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from the older's piercing glares. She was glad her voice did not crack when she said it, otherwise the cherry blossom would've seen through her fear.

 

"Whatever. You can do what you want I don't even know why I spoke with you." The latter then stormed back to the living room leaving the brunette confused as to what will happen. She looked at her fingers and saw the ring they had bought together as tears fall from the corner of her eyes again. She bit her lip as she slides the ring out from her finger and puts it in her pocket together with Sakura's ring that she had picked up earlier after it was thrown away by its owner.

 

The younger straightens herself and wipes the tears from her face as she tries to walk confidently back to the living room, preparing herself for the news that would break her heart even more.

 

"Are you okay, dear?" Her mom had concern written all over her face when her daughter came back and sat a person away from Sakura. The beauty even noticed that not once had the Japanese glanced to her when she came back and she sighed to herself thinking maybe this was for the better. She gave her mom a nod and a small smile.

 

"We've thought about it and we realized that what we are doing is not for your best interest and we are ashamed for having to force you in a decision that we have decided for ourselves." Sakura's father started and then turned to the other's father.

 

"We love our daughters so much that it breaks our heart seeing them suffer from the decisions we had made for them not taking their decisions into account." The latter sighed and they could see tears forming from their daughters' eyes

 

"We're really sorry for deciding this on our own. Please understand that we had your future in mind and that we always want the best for you. But it seems like this is not for the best." Sakura's mother then continued to which the other agreed to.

 

"We all make mistakes and I hope you can forgive your selfish parents for deciding on their own." When Minjoo's mom finished her part, their parents walked over to them and gave their children a tight hug with tears flowing down their faces.

 

Sakura had bawled out the moment her parents came and gave her hug. The few weeks had been a splur of emotions for her and she had not been herself lately. The emotions spiraling inside her was so overwhelming that she herself did not know how to control it as it was too much for her.

 

She had been venting out her frustrations almost to anyone but all she wanted was for someone to talk to about her feelings and maybe a bit of help of what to do. Sakura let herself drown in her parents embrace.

 

Meanwhile, Minjoo also had started bawling when she felt her parents' embrace, she too had been so overwhelmed of how she was suddenly feeling towards Sakura. She had accepted the fact that she's starting to have feelings for her but seeing how Sakura looked so broken after her break up with Chaewon, and even blamed her for their break up, her bottled up emotions spilled over when her parents engulfed her in their arms.

 

She was so confused about what she should do, having the girl you love hate you for being the reason for her own break up is something she did not expect and it ached her heart so deep that she couldn't hold her own cries.

 

When the crying died down and both girls under the arms of their mother, Sakura's father cleared to get their attention.

 

"We decided to cancel the engagement." And there it was. Minjoo sniffed back her cries even more when she finally heard it. She thought the grey haired girl would be so happy to get away from her and it was the total opposite for her.

 

Then silence engulfed them once more.

 

"We want you to decide who you want to be with for the rest of your lives." It was Minjoo's father who broke the silence which simultaneously broke his daughter's heart.

 

 

The brunette was packing her stuff while she tries to hold back her tears from falling. She couldn't believe this was really happening. After she leaves this house, who knows when she'll see Sakura again.

 

She knows the Japanese hates her and Sakura still hurt her but she doesn't even understand why she is so afraid of losing her for good. She shakes her head for her stupidity.

 

When she stuffed a pair of jeans in her bag, the door swung open revealing a puffy eyed Sakura. Minjoo figured she came from bawling her eyes out in her parents room.

 

They both stare at each other's eyes before Sakura turns away and plops herself on the bed. It stung Minjoo's heart to see Sakura ignoring her and she continued to pack her clothes in silent, occassionally wiping a lone tear that falls from the corner of her eyes.

 

Minjoo heard the door open and close again but she didn't bother to look away from her luggage because she knows there's no other person who can come in and out of their room like that.

 

The brunette suddenly turned to her back when she felt a presence just behind her and she was surprised to see Sakura handing her a glass of water however, her eyes were all over the place except to her own pair.

 

When she saw the Japanese near her, she felt anger build inside She t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter