Scene 14

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So... why it got abandoned...?"

Seunghyun couldn't finish his own question as his eyes caught the name of the head supervisor for that project was... his brother - Jiyong.

"... Ji... hyung...?"

Suddenly, he felt his hands got numb for no reason. No. It's because he saw that name got typed in that document that made his nerves got tensed. If not for the sudden vibration made by same damn phone he hold right now, maybe he still in his own world. A call from the last person he wished to call him. With his longest sigh he ever made that day, he accepted the call.

"This is Lee Seunghyun."

"Eoh, Adeul-ah. I heard that you're on your way to the meeting with President Chun from Ryuhang Group. If you didn't mind, can we meet up after that? There's something I want to show to you."

Seunghyun didn't answer immediately as his mind was still wandering about the thing he saw in his private informant's report just now. He even hasn't gotten the time to digest what Jennie's father has said earlier, that the latter added on.

"It's not related to your wedding if it's what you're worrying about. It's pure... a business matter, around our rings."

How he hated the way Jennie's father added an unnecessary thing into their conversation. Then, with an uninterested look he had and pretended that he paid attention to his future father-in-law's talk, he answer.

"Nde. Just tell me the time and place, I will ask my secretary to adjust my schedule for the rest   of the day."

"Oh, no need to do that. I will inform Kang Biseo myself. Then, see you later, Son."

The moment the call ended, he got back into reading the report he had earlier. From a brief reading he did, he only can concluded that the plan about that project was perfect. So tempting that in the end of the report, he found many big names invested in big amounts.

But, there must be something happened that made that project got unheard. At least for him. Because since he joined the managerial of Shinki Group around five years ago, not once that his father said a word about it.

Is it because that project related to his brother?

Or... something else?

 

***

 

"Are you sure to involve him into this project, Appa?"

Kim Junghwan looked at the young lady whom stood just at arm's length away from him. That young lady even didn't tear her gaze away from the countless people walked passing in front of them. She dressed herself in royal blue suits matched with pencil skirt with the same color. Her hazelnut wavy hair elegantly on her right shoulder. Beautiful jewelries adorned her already beautiful appearances.

"Of course. Even though sometimes he acts childish, but he made money much more than his father did. He knows how to play his card, trust me."

The young lady didn't reply immediately at those remark. She got her bright red colored lips into tight line. Those remark, somehow reminded her about something in the past.

"You said the same thing too, Appa... about Jiyong." She said, with a strained tone. "Ten years ago." She added later.

Kim Junghwan stopped his activity with his phone upon the mention of that name. He looked at the young lady whom no other than his own daughter, Jennie's older sister - Kim Taeyeon.

"Oh...? Did I?"

This time, Taeyeon looked back at her father. That smug look he had on his face was the one of so many things she hated from her father.

"Do you want to make another 'broken Lee Jiyong' by involving him into this project, Appa?"

Kim Junghwan laughed as he heard that question. He slowed his laughter as he caught the expression his daughter had at the moment. She was angry, that was what looked so evident. There were also annoyed, desperate, and... pity?

"Another broken Lee Jiyong, you said? I think, you have crossed your line, Yeon-ah." Kim Junghwan's voice got heard intimidating. "You're the only one that oppose Jennie's arranged marriage with him, so why do you mind about his wellbeing?" Kim Junghwan was about to leave that place as he saw his aide was approaching him.

"Mind your own business."

 

***

 

Mind your own business.

That was the final words given by her father before that man left her with his aide. Taeyeon sighed out, feeling tired for something unnecessary. Her father was still the same as the last time she met him, around five years ago. Still selfish, arrogant, and egoist.

It's true that among all of her big family members, she was the only one that oppose the arranged marriage between her sister - Jennie - and Lee Seunghyun - the little brother of Lee Jiyong, her best boy-friend also supposed-to-be her fiancé in the past.

But, she can't let her father did all the things to his heart's content. It was so terrible to see the broken Lee Jiyong in the past, and she didn't want anyone else experienced the same thing.

"Eonnie!!!"

Taeyeon got out of her own world once the familiar female voice called her in energetic tone. Her eyes immediately caught the sight of her little sister run on her way towards her. She hasn't said a thing that she got welcomed by Jennie's tight hug.

"I really miss you, Eonnie."

Taeyeon hugged her sister back, caressed Jennie's back like she used to do when they were younger. Then, after it felt like five seconds that she replied.

"Nado, Jennie-ya."

It was after that that she realized something was off with her little sister. It was so unusual for her sister to dress up like that - 'too wrapped' that she looked like another person than her own sister. Jennie too, as if she detected her sister's scrutinized look on her, tried her best to divert Taeyeon's attention.

"So, you'll stay for a while , right?"

"Hmm... mom asked me to stay over, and... help with the planning for your... wedding."

At the last word of her answer, Taeyeon could see her little sister's gleaming eyes and loving look. She should be happy to see that, but she couldn't deny the hurt feeling she had. Both of them, were same but different at the same time. Both same, because they had fallen in love with the sons of Lee. But, both had different ways to represent their feelings.

Unlike Taeyeon whom chose to keep her feeling for herself, Jennie will do everything to get what she wanted. She's so expressive in showing her feeling. The moment she got introduced to Lee family of Shinki Group, Taeyeon knew that her sister has fallen in love to the sole heir of Lee family at the first sight.

And just like the two sisters, the brothers of Lee family had similarities also differences too. Taeyeon couldn't deny that both Jiyong and Seunghyun were attractive, they had similar aura that easily to make any girls fallen for them. Not only attractive in the women's eyes, both had all the qualities to be called as the member of Lee family. Unlike Jiyong who didn't show many kind of expression on his face, his little brother was the exact opposite of him.

Lee Seunghyun.

To call him had a pair of sharp eyes wasn't an exaggeration. Taeyeon still remembered it well when they met around five years ago, in the 'business meeting' her family held together with Lee family. The moment her father introduced Jennie to him, he didn't bother to show his dislike look to her father. As if he had known her father's true intention behind it.

"You're happy that you're going to marry him?"

Jennie nodded automatically and added. "I can't wait to own him for myself, Eonnie. And... I think he's the same too."

That was quite surprising to be heard of.

"Really...?" Taeyeon wasn't sure how she should react to that statement.

It was as if Jennie wanted to tell Taeyeon more that she pulled her to the nearby lounge in that place. They sat side by side on the couch then Jennie started telling her sister all the things that happened right after their father announced about the wedding till the surprise greeting did by Lee Seunghyun this morning.

She didn't leave any little detail at all. She told her older sister about Seunghyun's furious act right before and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter