Scene 02

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week later,

Somewhere in Paris

 

"Stop it!" A scream rang all around that changing room, made the long wavy light brown haired lady whom owned the boutique frowned. She was really unhappy with that noisy scream made by her own younger sister.

"Why?" She asked the younger one. Her hands still busy with the ivory colored wedding dress in front of her.

"I've got enough of this." The younger one replied as she stomped her heels to the tiled floor.

"But, you looked beautiful. You're the perfect model for that dress. Also..." She paused as she walked closer to her sister. She took her sister's hands and brought it on her flat stomach. "It is your unborn niece's wish."

Her sister just could roll her eyes when she heard that kind of reasoning, again, for the nth time. "Eonnie..." She was about to reject her older sister's idea but stopped when she saw her sister's puppy eyes which looked too hard to resist. She sighed, then told her answer. "Arasso, but in one condition." She reminded her older sister.

"What is it?"

"I don't want that jerk- I mean, that Kyle boy as my partner."

"Why? You two looked perfect together." This time, a man voiced out. He appeared just behind her older sister. That man showed his grin as he looked at her while his hands hugged her sister's waist from behind.

"I think, I shouldn't tell you two the reason. That is my request, if you can't accept it then choose another model."

Hearing the last sentence given by her sister, the lady in that man's embrace took her sister's hands immediately. "Arasso, I will match you with another male model, Chaerin-ah."

The younger one who got called Chaerin smiled widely towards her sister also her brother-in-law. "Then... see you two next week." She drew apart her hands from her sister's hold and started picking up her cloth which she wore previously. "Ah... also, can you change the photographer too? Lately, Joe's work is unsatisfying." After that, she left the couple in that changing room. It was the man who burst into laugh when his sister-in-law has completely out of his sight. His wife who heard his laugh turned around to face him.

"Mwo?"

"She's... jinjja... she act more like a model than a sister to you just now."

"And how many time you have said the same comment about that, Ji?"

"And how do you know that our unborn baby is a girl? What if we get a boy?"

His wife pouted her rosy lips as she got teased by her husband. That act just made him laughed for another round as she looked so adorable in his eyes. He caressed both her cheeks which turned red like tomato, touched her nose with his then pecked her lips. "I'm hungry. Let's go back home and have dinner, chagi."

"Neol jinjja..."

***

Park Chaerin sat on the bench at the bus stop while looked at her pictures in her phone. She is an Asian, but blonde hair suited her well. She has become her sister's model since the older one started her wedding dress designing career. It was also became her trigger to live into design world. Unlike her older sister, Park Chaerin wanted to become male fashion designer. Even she looked beautiful in the wedding dresses designed by her sister, Park Chaerin didn't fond of into girly model fashion. Since she was younger, she like to use tomboyish style fashion. Even until now, in her 25 years of life. Suddenly she jumped up, being surprised by the sudden call made by her professor. She answered the call immediately.

"Hello, Prof. Jane."

"I bring you a good news, Park." Chaerin could hear her professor's happy tone from that short news.

"May I know it?"

"Congratulation. Your latest design of the army style collection, one of my relation wanted it to be promoted in his fashion show."

Chaerin couldn't utter any kind of word to express her feeling. She still didn't believe it, even she has heard that news came from her own professor. It was like a dream, to know that her design will get its first show.

"Park? Are you still there?"

"Ah... yes, of course. Hmmm, it's all thanks to you, Prof. Jane. I..."

"Oh, Park. You've created something great, and I didn't want it just stay in your paperwork."

Chaerin just can smiled as she heard her professor's compliment about her work. That Prof. Jane, Chaerin has considered her like her own mother, as the older one always supported her not only in the study but in other business too.

"One more thing, dear." Prof. Jane reminded Chaerin that their call hasn't ended.

"Yes, Madam?"

"He wanted you to bring the model yourself."

That added information made the smile on Chaerin's face disappeared. Her own model? Where in the world she will find it? That question immediately rang in her mind.

"I will give you the detail information about that. Once again, congratulation Park."

After that, the call ended. Chaerin got back on the bench where she sat on it before. She sighed heavily. Male model? If that Kyle boy didn't dump her, she definitely didn't mind him became her partner in the next photo shoot session of her sister's project, also she will bring him as her model. But, who will be her model now? Not every single men in Paris will suited her design as her army style collection which her professor talked about earlier because it was designed to Asian men. Should she asked her Korean or Japanese male friend? Chaerin shook her head about that idea, as all of her Asian male friend didn't count as a perfect model for her design. Then, how about her brother-in-law? When she made the design, she imagine that man as her model, even just for once. Chaerin shook her head again at that stupid idea. Even before she can made her debut, she will end up killed by her sister first.

"Aish... eottokke?!!!" She screamed out her frustration, which made all the people waiting for the bus looked at her at once. Realizing all the eyes focused on her, Chaerin bowed her head as she hid her redden face. "Sorry." One minute later, the bus arrived. Being embarrassed about the earlier incident, Chaerin decided to stay there and waited for the next bus. She was too engrossed in her own mind as she didn't realize that there was someone stayed in the same place with her, even his brown eyes behind that round glasses still looking at her. Slowly, he burst into a soft laugh. That action didn't escape from Chaerin's consciousness as she immediately looked for the one who laughed which strangely got heard so melodious in her ears. Then her cat-like eyes caught his figure, sat on the other end of the same bench as hers. He dressed in simple gray shirt with its sleeves got folded up to the elbow. Black ripped jeans with a pair of white sneakers. A black colored watch on his right wrist suited well with his black backpack he brought with. He has short black hair behind the black hat he wore right now.

"It's my first time seeing a Korean screamed out in another country." He spoke after he let down his laugh. He turned then eyed Chaerin from head to toe. "From your way of speaking, you have lived here for years." He added. "Are you a worker? Or student?" He asked finally.

Chaerin just can looked at the stranger in silent. She was surprised. When she heard someone laughed at her action, she has imagined that someone will bad-mouthing her with that difficult language which she has struggled just to pronounce it. But, the thing she experienced was the opposite. That stranger didn't bad-mouthing her, just spoke his curiosity. Moreover, he spoke fluently in Korean.

"Should I answer that question?" Chaerin asked the stranger back.

"Hmm... you shouldn't if you didn't want to." That stranger then looked away from her. While Chaerin still looking at him. He seemed at the same age as her or maybe a bit older than her, it was her prediction. The sudden ringtone of her phone brought her attention switched from that stranger to her phone.

"Eonnie, what's up?" Chaerin greeted the caller which was her sister, Park Sandara.

"Have you at home?"

"Not yet. Wae?" Chaerin asked back. Once in a while she took a glance at the stranger whom busy with his own phone too.

"You haven't had dinner, right? I want you to have dinner with us. Where are you now?"

Chaerin let out an audible sigh at her sister's request. "At the bus stop next to your boutique."

"We will be there in a minute."

She hung up the call, at the same time with that stranger too.

"Someone is going to pick you up?" She heard that voice again, the voice owned by that stranger. That voice was too soft to a grown up man like him, but it suited him in a strangest way. That stranger, suddenly reminded her of her brother-in-law.

"Kind of." She answered shortly. Then both of them stayed silent like before. A minute which got promised by her sister felt so long. Countless cars had passed the bus stop continuously, one by one people started filling the bus stop too, waiting for the next bus to arrive. Chaerin didn't know why she can't get away from that stranger's presence. From her position, she can saw he looked at his watch once in while then after that knocking continuously on his phone screen with his thumb.

"It has been ten minutes since the last bus. How long we should wait for the next one to arrive?" That stranger asked her, this time he looked at her eyes directly. That simple act- Chaerin couldn't put it into an explanation- succeed in making her froze. That pair of brown orbs of his, Chaerin felt like she has fallen into it. Just when he blinked his eyes, Chaerin got back to earth.

"Hmmm... maybe one or two minutes later." She saw him nodded, then looked at his dark phone screen. He knocked on it like before as if it was his habit. "This is your first time here?" That curious question came out from freely.

"Then I won't ask you if it wasn't my first time." He answered without looking back at her. Chaerin felt a bit annoyed not because of his answer, but the way he replied her without looking at her. Deep inside her heart, she wished to see that pair of brown orbs again. She was too focused with the strange man even she didn't realize her sister has arrived.

It was when Dara's about to call her sister, she saw something weird happened to her younger sister. Then she decided to come toward the younger one in silent. She followed Chaerin's eyesight then found a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter