Scene 10

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            ”Se... Seungri...ssi?”

            Seungri felt the time stopped once he got his name called by that girl. All the sounds died down. Except his excited heartbeat. Which drummed against his chest continuously, like it was about to burst out. His shocked brown eyes still glued to hers – the cat-like eyes which haunted him every night. The beautiful pair of eyes which strangely, this time, looked perfectly like an amber under the bright sunlight. He didn’t dare to blink his eyes. He was afraid, if he did it after that she will disappeared. His lips locked, unable to call her back. Too shocked, maybe.

            ”Why... are you here?”

 

***

 

Several minutes ago...

INNERCICLE’s Seoul HQ - Skull Team’s room

 

            ”Hey, Rin. I heard that you’re barely move from Paris.” Lalisa Manoban, one of Chaerin’s teammate initiated a conversation to her. Chaerin nodded as her reply. ”Then, why don’t you take an early leave today? You must haven’t organized your things in your place, right? Also, maybe after that... taking a short walk around on places near your apartment complex. Sounds interesting, right?”

            Chaerin didn’t comment on it, as she already got surprised by Lalisa’s friendly act. At first, that Thailand girl looked cold towards others. But once you knew about her, that girl was the warmest girl ever exist in this earth.

            ”Hmmm... it’s not a bad idea.” Another Skull team’s member – Kim Donghyuk – butted into the conversation. ”Also, you’ve finished all of your assignments today, right? It’s okay.” He added as he winked to her.

            Chaerin can’t say no for that, so she decided to take early leave for that day. While waiting for the bus to arrive, she played with her phone. Since she arrived at Seoul, never for once she had phone call with her family in Paris. Only sent several messages which still left unread by her sister. She put back the phone in her small bag. Park Sandara may be her older sister, but once in a while that lady will acted like she was the little one.

            ”Argh! Damn!”

            She stayed on the bench even after the bus made its arrival at the bus stop. With lazy eyes, she watched one by one the passengers got on to the bus, left only her – at that bus stop. She stayed and doing nothing there for almost five minutes. Then, out of sudden she made a move. She has heard that there was a park near her workplace.

ciel étoilé park

It was what Chaerin saw at the entrance of that park. Just like its name, there so many sky object ornaments which decorated the park. It was kind of popular, as Chaerin found not only children or teenage whom enjoyed their time there. She found several adult, granny and gramps too. Suddenly, it reminded the park where she used to play with her sister when they were little. Oh, the weather was nice, so why she felt like want to cry?

”Enjoy your ice cream.”

Chaerin heard a very cheerful voice of a teenage girl not far from her, precisely from the ice cream truck which parked just next to the row of benches by the big oak tree. Slowly, she walked towards it. She stopped in front of the small backdrop which showed the menu list. Each ice cream got unusual name. But, from the picture of the ice cream, it looked so delicious.

”Can I help you, sis?” The same teenage girl’s voice Chaerin heard before asked her.

”Uhm, can I have a cone of ‘dawn is crying’ please?” Chaerin ordered, carefully spelled the said ice cream’s unusual name.

”Alright, it’s 5.500 won.”

Chaerin took the money from her purse, then purchased her ordered ice cream. It was about thirty seconds after that she got her ordered ice cream. It has unusual color. Three scoops of milky ice cream colored in mixture of sky-blue, pink, pale violet, and orange. On top of it was shaved ice crystal. Vanilla flavored milk drawn like raindrops on it, made Chaerin pulled a conclusion that the ice cream’s name was based on that decoration.

Leaving the ice cream truck, she walked aimlessly. While she was looking for a nice spot to enjoy her unique ice cream, she wasn’t aware of her surroundings. It was when she got her sight back to the front that she bumped into someone.

            ”Omo! My ice cream! No way! I... I’m sorry... I...”

She cried out immediately once she noticed that her ice cream has made a vivid stain on that stranger’s shirt – which looked so expensive. It was when she was about to wipe it with her handkerchief, that stranger took a step back. So, Chaerin looked up to meet that stranger’s face.

said it freely, even before she could hold it. ”Se... Seungri...ssi?”

 

***

 

Back to present...

 

            Just like him, the girl in front of him got the same shocked expression over her beautiful face.

            ”Why... are you here?”

            Seunghyun heard that girl’s voice for the second time. So, he’s not imagine things. He thought.

            ”Doesn’t it... apply to you too, Chaerin-ssi?”

            Finally, he was able to speak out. Not only that. He even got to see the blushing Park Chaerin after his reply just now. Both of them stayed still there. In silence, which strangely felt comforting. Till Seunghyun remembered the thing which became the trigger of their surprised meeting. Ice cream. He shifted his sight from her (still) blushing face to the ice cream in her left hand which slowly melted under the bright sunlight.

            ”Your ice cream... is melting.” He reminded her.

            ”Ah, it’s already?”

            Seunghyun saw Chaerin was transferring the ice cream cone from her left hand to her right one. She was about to clean up the melted ice cream which already flooded her left hand’s fingers with her handkerchief that Seunghyun took her left hand. The next thing did by Seunghyun made Chaerin got redder than before.

 

***

 

            Hot summer. The hottest she ever experienced. The feeling when she felt Seunghyun’s hot tongue on the melted ice cream on her fingers. He it deliberately, which was not safe for her heart.

            ”Delicious.” He commented once he finished his bold act just now. ”You’re sure choose the right choice of ice cream, Chaerin-ssi.” He added with his boyish smile.

            Slowly, Chaerin drew her hand from Seunghyun’s hand. It was so embarrassing, and she didn’t know what she should do next.

            ”If you’re not going to eat it, then I will...”

            ”No, you won’t!” Chaerin spoke right away even before Seunghyun can finished his. She could see the surprised look on Seunghyun’s warm brown eyes. Did she make him surprised by that sudden outburst? But then, she saw a sight which hasn’t been seen by her. Seunghyun’s smirk.

            Oh, God! What should I do? Why... he looked so dangerously handsome?

            Chaerin stayed on her place even when she knew that Seunghyun leaned closer to her. His entrancing gaze was like locked every single move her cell did. In those state, Chaerin even questioned herself, if such human with those ability was really exist. But, she didn’t need anyone to tell her the answer. As she already found the answer itself. Right in front of her eyes.

            ”But, I really want to enjoy it... again.” Seunghyun whispered, with his husky voice. Anyone who heard it must be thinking that he was seducing them. And, Chaerin was included in those type. She felt her own face got hotter, just like when she stayed in the sauna for hours. Maybe, right now, she has turned into the reddest strawberry ever exist in the world.

            But, the next word got spoken by Seunghyun made her responded like a fool.

            ”The ice cream.”

            ”Huh?”

            ”It has the mixed berries flavors which I love so much.”

 

***

 

            Has anyone told him that the blushed Park Chaerin is the most beautiful Park Chaerin? It was the most beautiful sight in the world, if Seunghyun should took a note on that. He wanted to put it into memory with the most sophisticated camera ever created. Called it exaggerating, but he can’t deny it. All the things related to the girl named Park Chaerin shouted cuteness which unmatched.

            ”Cute.”

            ”What?”

            ”You.”

            He can’t get enough of her cuteness. He wanted to see it, again and again. So, he will do whatever to get to his wish. To see her red, embarrassed yet lovely face of hers. He has done something so bold earlier. Doing it for the second time, it looked not so bad. This time, Seunghyun took a step forward. Before Chaerin can took a step backward, he already pulled her by her waist. His left hand grabbed her right hand, brought it closer to his face. With his teasing smile, he let out his tongue. He was about to the melted ice cream which started reaching her fingers. But, instead of meeting her delicate fingers, his tongue tasted the ice cream fully.

            Seunghyun got surprised once he realized that Chaerin shoved her ice cream to him. It ended up in making Seunghyun looked like a child whom had their ice cream for the first time. Those cold, semi-frozen dish covered his lips as well as the tip of his nose.

            ”Stop messing with me, Seungri-ssi.”

            What, now? Did she get mad?

            It was what he caught from her words, but not with her expression. It said the opposite.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter