Scene 03

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             ”Are you alright Miss?”

            She can heard that question clearly but her shocked brain unable to arrange any kind of answer to that simple question. She still held her stomach tightly, she was afraid if something happened to her little baby in her womb because of that sudden commotion. Then, she felt someone touched her shoulder.

            ”Miss?”

            She heard that voice again, the one who asked her earlier. He called her. That voice, it’s strangely sweet. It’s alike her husband’s. Slowly, she raised her head to meet her savior. Soon after she saw him, she didn’t know how to react as she saw the young man in front of her looked surprised when their gaze casted each other. Why he looked at her like seeing a ghost? Those question suddenly popped in her head. As the young man stayed still like a statue and didn’t utter any kind of words, Dara took a brief examination on him. He has an Asian feature in his face, a pair of brown eyes behind the round framed glasses, fair skin, and short black hair. Not just his voice. When she looked at the young man in front of her, she like saw a resemblance of her husband in him.

            ”I... I’m alright. Thank you.” She said finally, casted down her sight to her own clasped hands on her laps.

            ”I... I’m glad to hear that.”

            A very small smile appeared on Dara’s lips when she heard that sweet voice again. It just like reminding her about her handsome husband. Then something caught her attention fully. Her hands which earlier brought her reserved sweet cakes box, empty. ”Ah, I think I forget my cake.” And when she’s about to look at the counter where the cafe owner displayed their cakes, the young man spoke.

            ”You’ve dropped it there, Miss.” He even pointed at the entrance door, precisely at the floor where a box of her favorite sweet cakes has lost its form.

            ”I... I see.” She mumbled, disappointed. Maybe it was her bad day, as she has lost her model in the last minutes before the photo shoot begun then forced her to find another one and delayed the photo shoot until she got one. Also, the incident at the entrance cafe door just added to her misery. She looked down at the tiled floor beneath her, felt defeated. Then, something caught her eyes. ”Omo!” She said it a bit louder, in Korean too. Dara immediately looked up at the young man in front of her. ”It seems that I’ve soiled your shoes.”

            He looked down at his shoes which got mentioned by Dara. Actually, not only his shoes which got dirty by the cream of the sweet cake. The edge of his pants too. It looked so appealing, as the white cream spilled on his khaki colored pants as well as his black sneakers.

            ”Gwaenchaseumnida, it’s not a big deal.” He replied in Korean as he flashed a smile towards Dara.

            ”Andwaeyo.” Dara talked back as she shook her head. ”You’ve helped me, so... I have to give you a return.” She got up from her chair, then took his left hand. ”Let’s go to my place. You can clean your pants and shoes there.”

***

            Seunghyun can’t say no the moment her hand grabbed his, led him to her place. It was when they were completely out of the cafe, the woman whom he’s so sure named Dara let go of his hand while walked two steps ahead him. Seunghyun looked at her figure from behind. Her long wavy light brown hair got tied in ponytail, her slim figure dressed in knee-length white sleeveless dress with black colored flower detailed on the shoulders. A pair simple white flat shoes, silver bracelet on her tiny wrist, and a white hand bag. Whoever saw her must thought that she’s a fallen angel walking on the Earth. No wonder Ji hyung married her. That was his thought as he flashed a small smile on his lips.

            ”Here.”

            Seunghyun got taken aback when he heard her cheerful voice. He barely realized that along their way from the cafe until now was simply quiet. So, he got a bit startled when he heard her announcement that they have arrived at their destination. Seunghyun eyed the big name tag hung above the big glass windows. Appler Bridal. So, it’s her meaning by her place.

            ”It’s my workplace, but it has been my second home. Come in, let’s get you a change until we get your pants and shoes clean like before.”

            Seunghyun just could nodded his head as the reply. Both of them got into the boutique then got greeted by her employee. There were many wedding dresses, tuxedos, bride maid gown, best men suits, as well as wedding accessories displayed. He still followed Dara until the latter asked him to wait at the guest room, while she gone to the other room to get something for him to change his pants and shoes. The guest room where he stayed was simple, 3 x 3 meters in large, silver eucalyptus painted the wall matched with white colored furniture such as the wall lamp, the glass table, the fur carpet above the floor, while the sofa was in light teal color. A sudden bell rang, indicated someone is coming into the boutique.

            ”Dara my darling~”

            Seunghyun heard a man called the woman whom asked him before in lovely tone. Who is he?

            ”Mr. Kwon.”

            That name got spoken by the female employee who stayed at the front desk, the one who greeted him and Dara earlier. Seunghyun’s sure of it. But, it wasn’t the thing which made him froze. It was the name spoken by that female employee. Mr. Kwon. It meant that the man is... Seunghyun can’t wish for another surprise as when he hasn’t pulled his own conclusion about the man whom got into the boutique, he already met him. Both of them got surprised each other. For Seunghyun, he didn’t expect to meet his brother so sudden like this. While for the other one, he didn’t know that someone was there. A young man, far younger than him, sat alone in that room.

            ”Eoh, Ji! You’ve back.”

            Dara’s voice broke their intense gaze, the man whom got called Ji looked at his wife with a smile on his handsome face. He gave the woman a brief hug then kissed her left cheek. While Seunghyun looked down at the floor.

            ”You’ve got one?” Her husband asked as the man signaled at Seunghyun who sat silently on the sofa.

            ”Eh?” Dara questioned back.

            ”He’s the model, isn’t he?”

            Dara got speechless at her husband’s misunderstood. She gave her husband an awkward smile then casted a brief look at Seunghyun.

            ”Mrs. Dara, how long we have to... oh, Mr. Ji, welcome back.” Another man came to that room, joined the husband and wife. He is Finis, their stylist. ”Oh my God!” Finis cried out joyfully as his eyes caught Seunghyun’s figure. He walked towards Seunghyun, looked at him closely which made the latter gave a questioned look at the male stylist. ”He is the best one you ever got, Mrs. Dara.”

            Seunghyun felt that he’s out of the place in that room. The man in front of him was looked weird, in his opinion. He eyed him from head to toe, like examined every part of his body.

            ”Wait...” That stylist said as he reached out for Seunghyun’s round framed glasses, took it slowly. Then he closed his mouth with his own hands, to prevent his gasp. ”He’s perfect. Let’s go in.” Without asking for Seunghyun’s approval, Finis pulled him to get out from that room and moved to another room. Dara got her face pale because of her stylist antics, while her husband just chuckled then followed Finis and Seunghyun. Seunghyun who still confused with his situation just could followed the weird man. Both Finis and Seunghyun entered a room wider than the guest room earlier. A room which looked like a changing room or something alike. There were many tuxedos and suits hung on the rolling hanger, three make-up desks with its big mirror installed on the wall. Finis got a chair and asked Seunghyun sat on it, then he got lost in between the tuxedos and suits. Not long after that, Dara’s husband, Kwon Jiyong, entered that room then sat on the chair across his.

            ”Excuse me.” Seunghyun spoke for the first time since he arrived at that boutique. That simple act succeed to gain Jiyong’s attention as the latter looked at him immediately. ”Wh... why do you bring me here?”

            Jiyong gave Seunghyun a questioned look as he heard Seunghyun’s question. ”To get you ready for photo shoot. You’re the model, aren’t you?”

            ”What photo shoot? And, model?” Seunghyun asked back. One thing he knew about it, they’ve misunderstood. ”Excuse me, but I came here not to become the model. I... it was that woman whom asked me to come here to get my...”

            ”Even you’re not the model, but I will still insist you to become the model.” Finis cut Seunghyun’s words before he could finished. He came back with a couple of tuxedos in his hands. ”It will be a waste if I let you go.” He pointed at Seunghyun, moved his hand from up to down. ”You... have model material in all of your body parts. You have a sense in fashion too.”

             Jiyong agreed with Finis’s opinion as he nodded slowly. A sea-salt shirt under khaki pants, matched with olive colored trench coat. It was simple, but it seemed a bit eye catching in Jiyong’s opinion. Jiyong has predicted that the young man whom looked confused right now was far younger than him, and it got more confirmed when Finis took off that round framed glasses. The young man whom he hasn’t known his name looked so young, like a fresh graduated college student.

            ”Just accept this. Also, we’ve delayed the photo shoot for hours and none showed up but you.” Finis said with his weird smile, handed a pair navy blue c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter