Special chapter 02

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remember You, Remember Us - 2nd Special Chapter

--- The closed gates, Panda eyes, and Signed handkerchief ---

.

.

.

"Damn! Damn! Damn it!!!"

Park Chaerin, a freshman of Minari High School, run as fast as possible for her dear school life. She dashed like a sprinter did a run in the Olympic right after she got off of the bus. It was her first day of school and her pretty yet annoying big sister did te most annoying thing that she didn't want to ever remember.

For the nth times already, that her big sister reset her alarm clock.

Her  heart kept pumping blood and her lungs took more oxygen to burn whatever energy sources in her body. The busy road in the morning already became dull in her ears and became a blur scene in her eyes as she kept running. Her pace got faster once she noticed the last turn before her new school.

"Aaargh!!! That damn dragon! I'll make sure to make him into a mince once I get back home later!"

The sudden scream did by another student by the front gate was surprising Chaerin. Her fierce heartbeat still drumming against her rib. Her legs trembled at the sudden stop she made. Chaerin got her eyes in full circle once she realized that the front gate has closed completely. She was about to open , but didn't do it as she already loss of words.

There, about five steps ahead her, standing a boy with the same uniform as hers. He's tall, woth a very short hairstyle. From the way he stood, Chaerin was sure that the boy was good in sports.

But, it's not the time for admiring those boy, right... Chaerin?

Her attention shifted from the closed gate to the security post where she found a man around his father's age stationed there. Ignoring the boy whom still with his own version of curses, Chaerin run toward the security post.

"Ahjussi, can I ask for your help?"

"What? To open the gate?"

 

***

 

The boy with the same uniform - Lee Seunghyun - stopped his running curse to his dear big brother when he saw a girl tried to negotiate with the security officer. Crossing his arms against his chest, he watched the whole 'negotiating' thing like a cheap soap drama in the television.

She must be experienced enough that she looked so natural in doing it.

Once Seunghyun saw that girl's shoulder turned down and her out-of-spirit steps, he already pulled a conclusion.

The mission failed.

Seunghyun took a short look on the security officer. That man wasn't quite scary, looked strict may be. Even it's not too close from the place he stood, Seunghyun did hear one or two of their talks. Whatever reason that girl gave to that officer, he was still with his words.

He won't open the gate for them whom came late.

Skipping school in the first day wasn't in his agenda at all. And if his father knew about it, Seunghyun was really sure that he will got bald in the next morning. Then, his anger got back again when he remembered the one who became the culprit of his misfortune.

"There won't be any student got chauffered till the front gate, Ri."

For that damn 'ridiculous' reason, instead of bringing him to the school with his expensive car, his big brother gave him the bus route from their mansion to his new school. It was his first day school as well as the debut day of him to ride public transportation - alone. He was new to that small city that made him missed not only one bus stop - thanked to his brother's confusing note.

It was one minute less one second after the appointed time of the first period that he arrived and got greeted with the closing gate.

And less than ten seconds after that the girl with long black hair suddenly appeared.

"Hey, you!"

That girl called him. But Seunghyun didn't show any movement to indicate that he heard her. With fast steps, that girl walked toward him. He was expected to get her outburst but another thing happened. 

 

***

 

The first thing Chaerin saw about the boy in front of her was his panda-alike eyes. And for unknown reason, that thing matched perfectly on his handsome face. Above those dark bags were dark brown eyes which looked so entrancing.

It was when those eyes blinked that brought Chaerin back to her 'business'.

"Ehm... I have said whatever things in my brain to ask that Ahjussi to open the gate but he didn't buy it."

Chaerin saw that boy nodded. "I know."

"Then, how about you-"

"He won't listen to me either."

Chaerin almost pinched that boy's arms for cutting her suddenly. But, then she agreed in his words. It was when she was about to give up that she took a look on how that boy dressed himself.

So tidy and classy.

From the bottom was a pair of glossy black shoes. His uniform was like fresh from the ironing board - looked so smooth. A classic watch circled his wrist, glasses got tucked in his blazer pocket. Getting her gaze up, Chaerin did a note about how his very short hair got combed in order. Not a piece was out of place.

"You must have so many money, right?"

That was her question which slipped out after how-many-seconds she was staring at him. That question too, didn't get answered immediately by that boy. Slowly, she saw the change on his face. From a plain, almost expressionless face to an annoyed one.

"You want me to bribe him?"

 

***

 

Lee Seunghyun thought that the girl with those cat-like eyes was quite 'crazy'. Or... maybe that girl watched too many dramas that made her fantasized such things. Hell, he won't let himself stoop so low like that.

"Don't you pull the thing too fast, boy? It's not what I mean by that."

"Then what?"

That girl looked like in deep thought even for that simple question. That scene did amuse him. How a girl looked so simply beautiful and smart yet cute at the same time? At those inner self question, Seunghyun didn't know how he could arrange those words into a complete sentence. It was the first time he met that kind of girl.

"Yeah... you can tell that Ahjussi that you're a son from some chaebol in this city and-"

"And you want me to threaten him, right?"

A c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter