Scene 05

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If only he’s just ordinary young man whom Jiyong met at certain place, at certain time.

            If only he’s just the usual ‘disposable’ model for his fashion business.

            If only... he didn’t remind Jiyong of his longed little brother.

...

Then Jiyong must have forgotten about a certain young man named Lee Seungri, or... in the end of that day’s event Jiyong heard the latter’s friend called him by the name Seunghyun.

            ...

Lee Seunghyun.

            ...

That was the name which constructed in Jiyong’s mind. All of those countless names in the world, Jiyong asked himself, why both of them should share the same name? But he can’t blame them. He shouldn’t.

He should blame himself for having such a thought. They just shared the same name, didn’t mean that they are the same person, right?

            ”You seem deep in thought, Ji.”

            Jiyong looked up at the one whom barely greeted him. A cup of warm tea got served in front of him completed with the snack to accompany it. Cho Hanbyul, the lady in her mid-sixties, took a seat next to Jiyong as she placed the tea and snack on the table.

            ”You know, this old lady will be a good listener to you.”

            Jiyong smiled a bit then leaned on his chair. It has been long since the last time he told a story to the lady next to him. Living together for years, Jiyong has considered the lady named Cho Hanbyul as his own mother, as the lady herself already taken care of him since he’s little. Just like a mother, Cho Hanbyul always knew whenever Jiyong has something bothering him. ”I met someone.” Jiyong started the story. ”He’s around Chaerin’s age, and strangely... he reminded me of Hyun.” Jiyong paused, didn’t know what kind of information he planned on telling the lady next to him.

While Cho Hanbyul just listened to every word in silent. Actually, she got a bit surprise as that was the first time Jiyong told her about someone whom resembled his younger brother. Or, she should called it as the first time Jiyong mentioned about his family member whom he never mentioned this recent ten years. Hearing the name Hyun, made Cho Hanbyul remembering the other young master of Lee family. The younger one whom loved to get attention from the people around him. The handsome boy whom idolized his father and older brother, and bad at folding tie. The boy whom always sulked whenever his older brother .

            ”Maybe you just miss him too much, Ji.”

            ”Am I?” Jiyong questioned back, but that question itself got heard weird in his own ears. Ten years, he has left his ‘old’ family. And this recent ten years, they never crossed his mind. Maybe, just one in so many chances that they appeared in his consciousness. Too many hatred in his heart that forced his mind to erase about his ‘old’ family’s existence from his memory. Jiyong even didn’t... Jiyong won’t blame his brother if he hated him or forget about him.

            ”Of course.”

            Nothing came out from Jiyong’s mouth after Cho Hanbyul spoke, which made the lady looked at the younger one. The Kwon Jiyong whom usually had his confident look in his eyes, looked different. There was so much doubt clouded his handsome face.

            ”What with those face, Ji?!”

            Jiyong shook his head slowly. ”It’s just... felt wrong. When I suddenly think about Hyun, after I’ve forgotten about his existence for this recent ten years... just because of my encounter with that young man.”

            ”Nothing is wrong, Ji.”

            Jiyong looked at Cho Hanbyul once he heard that statement. The lady next to him didn’t look back at him. She filled one of the cups with the warm tea then took it. ”Since in the first place, you never had an intention of forgetting him. It was... the situation that forced you to do so. And now, the memory which you used to push aside just seek for a place. Why? Because... deep in your consciousness, they are the precious memory for you, Ji.”

            ”Precious memory, huh?” Jiyong mumbled those words for himself. Before he had his own ‘family’, his younger brother meant the whole world to him. He still remembered the feeling once his younger brother’s fingers hold onto his hand for the first time. Since that day, he has sworn to himself that he will protect his younger brother with all of his life. He watched over his brother’s growth, till the day he left that house which had taken care of him for almost twenty years. For the first time, Jiyong didn’t see a smile on his younger brother’s face on his birthday. Only anger and disappointed look he saw in that pair of brown eyes that day. No warm hug or nagging talk he got from his younger brother. Only cold back which disappeared behind his room door. Jiyong left him, in a very foul mood. That day, in his younger brother’s 17th birthday.  

"I leave mom and dad in your care, Ri."

            That was his goodbye to his younger brother.

            ”And I thought that I’ve pierced that precious memory.”

***

Berlin

- rêve Liebe Hotel –

 

            Seunghyun played with his strawberry parfait without any intention of taking a small bite over the sweet dish. Daesung whom sat across him looked at his boss’s unusual act in silent. For someone whom loved sweet dish so much, Seunghyun never let any second wasted away once his favorite dish got served in front of him.

            ”Should I order the other one, Hyun?”

            Seunghyun stopped his spoon from ruining the beautiful arranged strawberry parfait. ”No need.”

            Daesung just let out a heavy sigh when he heard his boss replied with simple answer without any kind of emotion in his voice. This past two weeks, not a day that Daesung questioned himself if his boss still alive or has been replaced by a robot. Not a day wasted away without business meeting one after another. One deal followed the other, one solution to cover up the past mistake. Seunghyun’s daily routine just running around the hotel, business meeting, office supervision, business party, back to the hotel. Daesung even has been lost count on how many times his boss already skipped meal. Not just once, or twice, that the lunch time or dinner time got switched into a business meeting. The only miracle happened is that Seunghyun still had energy to endure all of his tight schedule.

            ”Tell me.”

            Daesung almost jumped out from his seat once Seunghyun suddenly told him. Seunghyun’s eyes still glued on the strawberry parfait which has lost its beautiful form, but Daesung felt like his boss already thrown a dagger right to his heart.

            ”President Lee asked you to call him once you finished up your schedule for the day, Hyun.”

            ”It seems that he has so much free time even asked for unnecessary thing like that.” Seunghyun stopped his activity, then got up from his chair. ”Tell him that I will call him once I finished up with all the deal here.” With that, Seunghyun left his secretary. He didn’t forget to leave money to pay up his ‘untouched’ strawberry parfait. Once Seunghyun entered his room, he lied on the mattress of his bed right away. He felt all the energy already left his body. He has skipped meal countless times. He even has lost of his appetite. It was just a matter of time that his body will withered away.

            Ding!

            A message notification came into his phone. Seunghyun looked at his phone screen which still lighted up, showed the sender of the message.

            Kwon Sandara.

            His fingers moved swiftly, opened up the message and his eyes which previously felt so heavy read the message right away.

---

What’s up? Wondering if you are busy this recent time J

---

---

I’m doing fine. I’ve been busy with... my work.

Need help?

---

---

It’s not me, actually.

It’s Chaerin...

---

            Seunghyun didn’t reply the message immediately when he saw that name got mentioned in that message. It was really a mystery. Just seeing her name in a message, all the fatigue in his body disappeared constantly. He felt like got spelled by a mysterious magic spell.

---

She needs someone to be her model for her first fashion show.

---

---

Just... someone?

I mean... uhm... it’s a fashion show, right?

Maybe, she needs more than ‘someone’

---

---

I didn’t know that you know how to joke, Seungri-ssi ;)

We’ve asked our regular model...

But... unfortunately... they didn’t suit to our Chaerin’s work.

---

---

And you asked an amateur like me?

---

---

Oh... stop belittle yourself, Seungri-ssi

Many praises for your work last time...

And I thought that you’ll be the perfect model for our Chaerin’s work

---

The show will be held in two weeks

I’ll send the sample to you J

---

            Five photos of well-designed cloths got sent to Seunghyun. He looked at the photo one by one. A military themed fashion collection. Even just from the photo, Seunghyun can felt the passion Chaerin put into that work. The older one said that the show will be held in two weeks. Just a perfect time that he already planned in finishing all of the business deal for the Berlin branch office in the next two weeks. Then, a message came in.

---

There are 15 sets in total

---

---

I’ll think about it...

Will it be okay if I brought my friends too?

Maybe... they’ll be a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter