Please

Chasing Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Heize - Can You Hear My Heart


 

“You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.”

- Johnny Depp


 

Minju was still feeling all giddy from what had happened earlier after her warm shower. She couldn’t stop smiling as she thought about how cute Chaewon was. She continued to stare at the ‘got home’ message Chaewon sent along with the cute emojis she attached to the message. 

 

She’s never used emojis with me before. She’s so cute.

 

Minju thought to herself as she opened the door to her room.

 

“Unnie….”

 

A voice called as she entered her room.

 

“Oh! Yudingz? What are you doing in here?” Minju asked.

 

“Is something wrong?” She added.

 

“Did you just get back from hanging out with Chaewon unnie?” Yujin inquired.

 

Minju had a slight panic attack in her mind with Yujin’s question, hoping she didn’t think that it was a date.

 

“Yea…” Minju wearly replied.

 

“So you guys are like super close now right?”

 

“Mmmhmm…. like best friends.” 

 

“Great!” Yujin exclaimed, causing Minju to feel a little relieved.

 

Good, she still doesn’t know.

 

Minju thought to herself as she’s been trying very hard to keep her relationship a secret.

 

“Why do you ask?” Minju wondered.

 

“This makes it easier to help Hii-chan now.” Yujin replied.

 

“Oh right, Hii-chan.” Minju said as a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

 

“How is she doing? Are her and Chaewon getting along well?” She continued.

 

“Yea, but Hii-chan is not moving as fast as I’d hoped she would.” Yujin said.

 

“What do you mean by, ‘not moving fast?’ Of course there might be some strain in their friendship. It’s going to take a while for them to be as close as they were before.” Minju said with a puzzled look.

 

“I’m not talking about that unnie, they are in good friendship terms now.” 

 

“Then what do you mean?”

 

“I mean, even if I was the bestest wingwoman on Earth and heaven, Hii-chan still won’t get the girl she likes ‘cause she’s so SLOW!” Yujin exclaimed.

 

“Ooh, Hii-chan likes someone? Who? Who?!” Minju asked as the topic had piqued her interest.

 

She quickly dried her hair with the towel and sat down next to Yujin in anticipation, waiting to hear more about Hiichan’s crush.

 

“Come on Yujin, out with it! Who does she like? Maybe I can help you guys.” Minju said as she nudged Yujin for the answer.

 

“Babo, you really can’t guess who she likes? There’s only one person, unnie...” Yujin paused for a moment, building the suspense before continuing.

 

“It’s Chaewon unnie!” 

 

Minju’s heart suddenly sank to the floor as she heard Chaewon’s name.

 

“Chae- Chaewon? As in Kim Chaewon who is in class 3-1? The human I’m helping?” Minju asked, hoping by some weird coincidence that there was someone else who’d fit the profile.

 

“Duh! There’s no one else we know besides her.” Yujin replied.

 

Minju’s fears were confirmed. Her mind went blank as she had absolutely no clue how to respond now. Her face was flushed of any color, turning white as a ghost. She tried to act normal, as though nothing was wrong.

 

“W-well, what have you tried?” Minju asked, but truthfully not wanting to know the answer.

 

“Well, you know how there was that whole group hangout thing we did a while back right?” 


 

(Flashback)

 

“I can’t believe you messed that up so bad!” Yujin scolded Hii-chan, who was sitting at her desk looking defeated.

 

“I made an elaborate plan for you; go to watch a super scary movie with Chaewon unnie and while you’re scared, you jump into her arms. You guys become friends again and then eventually fall in love. This was a foolproof plan so that it can kill two birds with one stone, but then you go and do the opposite of what I planned. Instead of doing that, you jump into MY arms and screamed your head off. What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to help you, Hii-chan?!” Yujin continued.

 

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t help it. It was just so scary that I acted on impulse. I couldn’t think straight at that moment. I didn’t mean for it to go that way.” Hitomi replied.

 

“I really did try….” She added.

 

“Ugghhh I can’t with you… I can’t believe you... I can’t-”

 

“Hey!” Hitomi yelled back, interrupting the frustrated puppy.

 

“Stop harassing me! I get it already!!!” 

 

Yujin couldn’t believe the small quiet girl snapped back at her. She looked at Hitomi with an incredulous look on her face. 

 

“So you do have some guts.” Yujin muttered quietly to herself.

 

“Anyways, it doesn’t really matter what happened. I had fun either way. Besides, having her next to me is enough for me.” Hitomi said with a soft smile. 

 

“It may be fine for you, but it ain’t for me. We need to up your game.” 

 

(End of flashback)


 

“What do you plan on doing now then?” Minju inquired while hanging her head low, not making eye contact with Yujin.

 

“Hii-chan is taking forever to make a move so, since unnie and Chaewon unnie are so close now, I think your help will really be much appreciated. You can convince Chaewon unnie to hangout with Hii-chan or even go on a date.” Yujin replied.

 

“Can you help me unnie?” She added with puppy dog eyes.

 

Minju hesitated, not knowing how to respond. Her heart was aching at the thought of setting someone up with her girlfriend, but she had no other choice. Their relationship was a secret, especially to Yujin. If she didn’t help, it might expose her relationship and all hell would break loose.

 

“I’ll see what I can do. No promises though Yudingz. I’m not going to push Chaewon into something she really doesn’t want to do. It’ll be up to her and how she feels.” Minju finally replied after some thought.

 

“Thank you unnie!” Yujin exclaimed as she gave the older angel a big hug.

 

•~•

 

The next day at school, the four of them decided to eat lunch together. Chaewon just wanted to be alone with Minju, but Minju was able to convince her otherwise. And because it was Hii-chan that wanted to hang out together, Chaewon didn’t want to or feel right rejecting Hii-chan’s offer. 

 

“We should go somewhere on the weekend again.” Yujin suggested.

 

“The first time we hung out together was okay, but we didn’t really get to do anything fun.” She added.

 

“I think Yujinie as a point. I think we should do something more fun together.” Hitomi said.

 

“Hmm, I don’t know…” Chaewon wearly replied as she stole glances at Minju to see her reaction.

 

Minju knew Yujin was already putting her plan into action so Minju wasn’t very enthusiastic about it. She tried to act normal and not show it on her face, but it was difficult. She couldn’t even focus on their conversations. 

 

“What do you think unnie?” Yuijn asked, directing the question to Minju.

 

Minju didn’t answer so Chaewon nudged the angel to get her attention.

 

“Huh? Sorry. Y-yea I think that’s a great idea.” Minju replied, trying to smile.

 

Chaewon slightly furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed her girlfriend’s strange behavior. She wasn’t her usual happy self.

 

“Are you feeling okay? You’re acting kind of strangely and you don’t sound thrilled about the idea.” Chaewon said, trying to meet Minju’s eyes.

 

Minju’s eyes were darting around, trying to avoid Chaewon’s, but was caught by Yujin instead.

 

What are you doing unnie? Come on!

 

Yujin silently gestured, frantically trying to get Minju to feel more excited about the idea so that Chaewon would agree. Minju felt conflicted and really just wanted to refuse, but she knew she couldn’t. She slapped her cheeks with both hands suddenly, causing everyone around her to become bewildered. She shook her head and put on a bright smile.

 

“Sorry, I’m just feeling a little tired, but I think we should do something.” Minju said.

 

“I feel bad about the last time too. I don’t think everyone was fully happy with it so a new outing should be better since Chaewon is no longer Miss grumpy pants anymore.” Minju joked, trying to lift the mood.

 

“Hey!” Chaewon snapped back, feeling offended.

 

“She’s not wrong you know.” Hitomi chimed in with a chuckle.

 

“Not you too Hii-chan. I trusted you.” Chaewon pouted.

 

“Anyways, I think we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter