Friends

Chasing Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Urban Zakapa - Whenever You Need Me


 

“Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.”

- John Spence


 

What is she doing here? What kind of situation is this?

 

Chaewon thought to herself as she stared at Minju, bewildered.

 

“Welcome to the class Minju. I hope you will enjoy the rest of the school year, and I hope everyone will be kind and helpful to Minju.” The teacher said.

 

“Do you guys understand?” He added, directing his question towards his class.

 

“Yes!” The classroom exclaimed.

 

“Now for your seat. There is only one seat that is open right now.” The teacher said as he scanned the room.

 

“Kim Chaewon. Can you please raise your hand?” He asked.

 

Chaewon quickly broke her stare and turned her gaze away from Minju as she slowly raised her hands. Groans can be heard from the male students as they were disappointed that Minju was not sitting next to them. The teacher calmed the disappointed students down and gestured Minju towards the empty chair. Minju slowly made her way towards Chaewon, and sat down.

 

“I guess we’ll be seatmates for the rest of the year.” Minju said as she extended her hand towards Chaewon.

 

“Let’s be friends.” She added with a big bright smile.

 

Chaewon took a quick glance at the hand extended at her, hesitating for a moment before reaching out and shaking it.

 

“I’m Kim Chaewon.” She muttered.

 

•~•

 

“Hey which school did you go to before transferring here?”

 

“You want to go to karaoke after class today?”

 

“Want to exchange numbers?”

 

Minju was being bombarded by questions. All of the students in her class, including some from the other classes were swarming her at her desk during lunch break. Minju was surprised by the amount of attention she was getting. She didn’t expect the new student to elicit so much interest, but then again, she would probably show interest too if a new angel trainee was placed in her class so late into the school year. Minju had no idea how to deal with so many eyes on her. She ended up just politely bowing her head and apologizing for no reason.

 

“You’re scaring the poor girl.” A voice spoke from beyond the crowd of students.

 

The crowd began to move, making way for the person who had just spoken up. 

 

“Befriend her first before you start asking her for her number and dragging her to places with you.” The female student said.

 

“Would you like to eat lunch with me?” The female student asked.

 

Kriesha Chu

 

The name tag read.

 

Ahh, she’s the class representative and a member of the student council.

 

Minju thought to herself, remembering her introduction from before. The girl seemed friendly and looked like she genuinely wanted to help Minju get accustomed to the class. But as much as she wanted to get to know the girl more, Minju had more important matters to attend to. Minju glanced at the empty seat beside her before looking back at Kriesha.

 

“Sorry, I’m meeting up with a friend for lunch.” Minju said as she stood up from her chair.

 

“Maybe some other time, okay?” She added before leaving the classroom.

 

Minju was looking for Chaewon. Right as the bell rang for lunch and the teacher left the classroom, Chaewon disappeared. It also didn’t help that there was a sudden crowd blocking her from following Chaewon, but there wasn’t much she could do at the time. Minju walked around the school, scouring for the girl. 

 

Maybe she’s in the cafeteria.

 

Minju thought as she made her way towards the cafeteria. She stood by the door, peeking into the room to see if the girl was sitting somewhere in there. 

 

“Minju unnie?!” A voice suddenly called out to her. 

 

Minju looked around to see where the voice was coming from and saw a big and tall puppy run towards her, pouncing herself on her.

 

“Yudings?!” Minju exclaimed as she pulled away from the girl’s tight embrace.

 

“Where have you been?! You didn’t show up at our meeting spot yesterday! Do you know how worried and scared I was?” Minju added, her eyes glimmered from the tears that welled up.

 

“I’m sorry, I was busy looking for my human that I forgot about you briefly.” Yujin replied as she patted Minju’s head to calm her down. 

 

“Well at least we’re both safe, that’s all that matters. Anyways unnie, what are you doing here?” Yujin added.

 

“I should ask you the same thing.” Minju replied, wiping away her tears.

 

“The human that I’m helping is someone here at this school.” She added.

 

“Weird, mine is too.” Yujin said.

 

“Huh, I can’t believe you got accepted as a student here.” Minju said as she eyed the younger girl in her uniform. 

 

“Duh, what else would I be? The janitor?” Yujin said, feeling insulted as she furrowed her brows at Minju’s remark.

 

“Well, I just didn’t expect you would be able to become one.” Minju argued.

 

“I know we don’t consider age for school where we are from, but you’re like a kid here on Earth.” She added.

 

“I thought it would be a problem too, but they accepted me. I guess my height probably had something to do with it. Who would believe I’m only 15 in human years anyways?” Yujin remarked.

 

“But it looks like you’re a different year than I am though, so ha! That makes me your sunbae.” Minju teased.

 

“Whatever.” Yujin scoffed as she stuck out her tongue at the older girl. 

 

“Anyways, what are you doing? Grabbing something to eat? I know angels don’t need to eat, but the food down here actually looks and tastes pretty good. Especially, the thing they call ‘tteokbokki’. I had like 2 servings just now, and craving for some more.” Yujin added.

 

“I’m looking for my girl.” Minju replied, remembering why she went to the cafeteria in the first place and shifted her attention back to the now less crowded room.

 

“Uhh, unnie…” Yujin said, somewhat flustered. 

 

“Be careful how you-”

 

“Yujin-ah! We need to get back to cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter