I Really Like You

Chasing Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ IZ*ONE - Really Like You


 

“I’ll hold your hand tight, I won’t let go of this hand. Hold onto both warms hands and look at the sky… if we’re together, we can shine whenever forever.”

 - IZ*ONE


 

Minju sat in silence as she watched Chaewon wiped her tears away after she had calmed down. It was surprising to see the girl cry in front of her. After putting up such a brave and tough front all this time, Minju didn’t expect to see Chaewon break down with her own eyes. But even so, she was somewhat glad. She was happy that Chaewon was expressing herself and relying on her more.

 

“Do you need another hug?” Minju asked softly.

 

“N-No” Chaewon replied as she stood up.

 

“Just because you saw me crying, doesn’t mean you get permission to hug me whenever you want now.” She added. 

 

“Yea, whatever you say. I know you like them.” Minju playfully teased as a gentle smile crept up on her face. 

 

“Oh my, is that a friend of yours, Minju?” A voice suddenly interrupted.

 

The two girls turned their heads in the direction of the front door and saw Halmoni standing there waving at them. They rushed to the door and greeted her.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Chaewon imnida.” Chaewon said with a smile on her face.

 

She’s smiling!!! She’s actually smiling!

 

Minju thought to herself as she stared at the girl wide eyed, astonished.

 

“Nice to you meet you Chaewon.” Halmoni said.

 

“You have such a pretty friend Minju dear. Why didn’t you invite her in?” She added.

 

“Oh, we were just talking for a little bit. I was just getting ready to leave anyway.” Chaewon said as she bowed goodbye to Halmoni.

 

“Will you be alright going home alone? I can call a taxi for you if you like.” Halmoni said, concerned.

 

“I live near here so there is no need to. Thank you though.” Chaewon replied.

 

Chaewon re-adjusted her backpack on her shoulder and walked to the front gate. Before she made it out the gate though, Minju called out to her.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school!” Minju yelled as she waved at Chaewon with a bright smile.

 

Chaewon gave Minju a light smile and waved back before leaving.

 

“See you tomorrow.” Chaewon muttered under her breath.

 

•~•

 

“Aww, why did it have to rain today?”

 

“I wonder if they will still have practice?”

 

“Dangit. I forgot to bring an umbrella today.”

 

Chaewon heard a few students complaining. The forecast the night before indicated only light showers, but it was raining a lot harder than what was predicted.

 

Hmm I can’t go to the rooftop today. Guess I’ll have to find somewhere else to hide out.

 

Chaewon thought to herself.

 

She sighed deeply as she stared out the window waiting for class to start. However, ten minutes went by but the teacher had not shown up yet. The teacher next door informed them their teacher was having some car troubles and that the students should self study until he shows up. The students in the classroom groaned at the thought of having to study, but did so anyway after Kriesha had encouraged them to do so, or at least make it look like they were if they didn’t want to. Chaewon sat with her notebook open, but instead of scanning the pages of her notes, her eyes slowly drifted towards the seat beside her.

 

Speaking of being late, where are you Kim Minju?

 

Are you stuck in the rain somewhere?

 

Chaewon thought. She lifted her eyes and accidentally made eye contact with Kriesha who was also looking back at the seat beside Chaewon. Chaewon froze for a moment but decided to ask if Kriesha knew of Minju’s whereabouts. Chaewon quietly gestured her head towards Minju’s seat. Kriesha, thinking Chaewon was going to quickly avoid her eyes, was caught by surprise that she didn’t. She was also shocked that Chaewon was communicating with her at all for that fact. Kriesha shrugged her shoulders as she didn’t know where Minju was either.

 

Suddenly, the door slid open and the teacher walked in.

 

“Sorry kids for being a little late. I hope you spent your time wisely studying while I was out. The teacher said.

 

“Minju, hurry up and get in here. You’re late too.” He added.

 

The classroom was snickering as Minju was unfortunately caught being late, but as Minju walked in the classroom, the students fell silent. All eyes were on her. Some students covered their mouths, while others gazed at her blankly. Chaewon too, was in awe. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing too. 

 

“Also, Minju?” The teacher said after clearing his throat, getting his students’ attention again.

 

“For being late, you’ll have to clean the classroom after school.” 

 

“Yes sir.” Minju replied with a pout as she walked to her seat and sat down.

 

“Let’s begin class now.” The teacher said as he began writing on the board.

 

All eyes slowly returned to the front of the class, but one. Even after Minju had taken her seat, Chaewon couldn’t keep her eyes off of the angel. Minju wearly looked at Chaewon, slightly embarrassed.

 

Minju quickly reached into her bag and pulled out some sticky notes and began writing on them. After jotting something down, she passed it to Chaewon.

 

Stop staring at me! You’re making me feel self conscious. 

 

Chaewon slowly moved her eyes from Minju and read the note, quickly pulling out her own notes in return.

 

Sorry.

 

Chaewon wrote as she turned her head away from Minju. Minju again, scribbled something and passed it.

 

Do I look weird or something?

 

Chaewon jerked her head to look at Minju and shook her head as she quickly wrote another note in reply.

 

No…..

 

Your bangs look fine.

 

Chaewon cleared as she fidgeted with another note in her hand. She hesitated for a moment before shyly sliding the note closer to Minju.

 

You actually look really pretty.

 

A shy smile appeared on Minju’s face while Chaewon’s became red. 

 

“Excuse me.” A voice suddenly boomed over the two girls.

 

The girls cautiously looked behind them and saw their teacher standing there. Embarrassed, they both bowed their heads, afraid to make eye contact with any of the other students who may be looking at them.

 

“Kim Chaewon,” The teacher called.

 

“You’ll be joining Minju for cleaning after school.” 

 

•~•

 

“Wow Minju, you look so pretty!”

 

“Where and why did you get your haircut?”

 

“You want to take some pictures with me?”

 

The girls in her classroom asked as Minju was being surrounded due to her new look. As soon as the teacher had left for lunch, everyone gathered around Minju.

 

“Ahh, Halmoni cut it for me yesterday. I just kind of wanted a new look.” Minju answered as she was trying not to get mobbed.

 

How the heck did she get out of this so fast?

 

Minju thought to herself as Chaewon was already gone before the mob had surrounded Minju.

 

“Hey, hey. Get back.” A familiar voice snarled at the students as she made her way to the center of the crowd where Minju was trapped in.

 

“Geez, give her some space guys. Let her breathe.” Kriesha said as she reached Minju and grabbed a hold of her.

 

“I got a haircut too but no one is making a big deal out of it.” Kriesha pouted.

 

“That’s because you got a trim. You still have the same hairstyle. There’s barely a difference.” One of the students cried out.

 

“Whatever, I still look good. If you really want to take pictures, I’m here and free.” Kriesha interjected as she began pulling Minju through the crowd.

 

“We don’t want a picture with you.” Another student said.

 

“We see you everyday already.” Another added.

 

“Well, a picture lasts longer. If you take one, you can see me even when school is out.” Kriesha teased.

 

“Whatever, stop hogging Minju to yourself.” One of the students in the back yelled.

 

“She’s my best friend! I got dibs and I can do whatever I want with her.” Kriesha replied.

 

“Besides, she’s busy. The teacher told her she needed to go see him in the teacher’s office during lunch. Stop hindering her from getting there. You’re just going to get her in more trouble if she’s late.” She added as they finally made it to the door of the classroom.

 

“You’re lying!” A student interjected.

 

Kriesha pushed Minju out and stood in the doorway with her limbs out-stretched, ignoring the complaining students and blocking them from pursuing Minju. 

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Minju asked, concerned.

 

“Go!” Kriehsa said with a wink as she tilted her head towards the end of the hallway.

 

Minju didn’t want to leave her friend alone to fend for herself, but she reluctantly went since Kriesha was so kind to help her out of that mess.

 

“Someone is waiting for you anyway.” Kriesha said to herself as Minju disappeared down the hallway.

 

•~•

 

As Minju reached the end of the hallway and turned the corner, she bumped into Chaewon who was leaning on the wall with her arms crossed.

 

“Chaewon!?” Minju exclaimed.

 

“Were you waiting for me this whole time?” She asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter