Hiding

Chasing Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Klang - Pray


 

“Hiding your feelings isn’t the easy way out, but sometimes it’s the only thing you can do.”

- Unknown


 

“Can you stop following me?! It’s getting annoying.” Chaewon hissed at Minju.

 

Ever since the new transfer student showed up to her class, Chaewon has been receiving unwanted attention. Throughout the 2 years Chaewon has attended Coloriz High, she’s been able to slide under the radar and not draw attention to herself. However, all of that changed in one day. 

 

As for Minju, after her talk with Kriesha, Minju has been sticking to Chaewon like glue despite her strong opposition. At first it was just following her, but lately Minju has been trying to talk to Chaewon, and that was something Chaewon dreaded. She tried to ignore Minju, but Minju never gave in despite the silence she got. It also didn’t help that Minju was placing more attention on Chaewon by following her. Minju became very popular throughout the school so everything she did became a hot topic amongst the students, especially now that she is associating herself with outcast of the school.

 

“Look, I know you helped me out the other day, but I’m not obligated to be friends with you or anything. You don’t need to follow me around like a lost puppy.” She added.

 

“No. You may not want to but I want to be your friend. I’m going to follow you until I become your friend.” Minju replied, keeping the distance between her and Chaewon basically nonexistent.

 

“Besides, I want to find out where you’re going every lunch period. I can never catch up to you during those times.” She added.

 

“Good! I’d rather keep it that way!” Chaewon argued as she increased her speed through the hallway.

 

Despite being able to follow Chaewon everywhere, the only time Minju lost Chaewon was during lunch break. She had an idea where she would go, but she was never able to find the entrance to that place. This time was different though, Minju was adamant about not losing Chaewon this time. Minju picked up her pace as well until the two were basically running through the halls.

 

As hard as Chaewon tried, she could not shake the girl. She didn’t peg Minju to be the athletic type so she thought she’d run out of stamina after chasing her for so long. Unfortunately, instead of getting the girl to give up, Chaewon just earned herself more stares. She could feel the many sets of eyes following her and the gossip increasing. She couldn’t take the attention anymore and decided to give up.

 

“Ugh! Do whatever you want, just stop talking to me and stop sticking so close. You’re drawing unnecessary attention to me and I don’t like that.” Chaewon sighed deeply as she quickly made her way out of sight of the sneering eyes.

 

Minju could feel the anxiousness that filled the surrounding area so she backed off a bit. Trusting that Chaewon won’t run off, Minju placed some distance between the two, but maintain enough distance to still follow the girl. Minju followed the girl, going to a corner of the school Minju never knew existed. The girls climbed a dark staircase that led to a door with a combination lock on the handle. 

 

“Oh, it’s locked. How are we supposed to get up there?” Minju innocently asked.

 

Chaewon ignored the girl’s comment and grabbed the lock. After turning the dial skillfully, the lock clicked open, and Chaewon opened the door. A small breeze and bright light entered the dark staircase causing Minju to squint her eyes. However, she was quickly amazed by the view that greeted her. The fresh, cool yet warm breeze that gently caressed her cheeks made her feel like she was back up in heaven, something she didn’t know she had missed so much.

 

“Woah, Chaewon-ah this is-” Minju stopped gawking as she realized the girl was missing again.

 

Minju looked around the rooftop for any sign of the girl, but didn’t see her. Suddenly, the girl’s distinctive light red auburn hair flowing in the breeze caught Minju’s eyes. She was laying on the platform above the staircase. The same spot Minju first saw the girl from a rooftop far away. Minju looked around the structure to see where the girl climbed up from, but found nothing, nor anything to stand on. Minju was able to reach high enough and place her hands on top of the platform, but was unable to pull herself up. She let out a heavy sigh as she looked around her surroundings carefully.

 

After confirming that no one could see her, she used her powers for a little boost. She placed her hand on top of the platform again and floated gently up, but still putting in a little effort to make it look like she did it with her own strength. Minju finally made it up and plopped down next to Chaewon who remained unbothered throughout the whole struggle. She just laid there, with her eyes closed and headphones on. Minju looked at the girl, slightly agitated that she was unbothered, but expected it anyway. The angel laid down and sighed heavily again, stressing about how her efforts haven’t made a dent yet, but when she looked up at the sky, her worries disappeared. She gasped at how pretty and peaceful the sky looked. It was a light blue hue with fluffy white clouds slowly drifting across the sky.

 

“This is so pretty.” Minju said.

 

“How could you keep this to yourself? I can’t believe you-”

 

Suddenly, Minju saw a pair of hand cross her field of vision. She quickly closed her eyes, fearing Chaewon was about to knock her off the platform for speaking to her again, but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter