Finally

Chasing Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Bol4 - To My Youth


 

“The best feeling in the whole world is watching things finally fall into place after watching them fall apart for so long.”

- Unknown


 

It has been days since Minju had last spoken to Yujin. Yujin has been ignoring Minju, avoiding her any and every chance she could. Minju didn’t hold it against her though. She understood that what she is doing is wrong and that she immensely betrayed Yujin’s trust and hurt her deeply. She does not expect Yujin to forgive her, for a long time, or even forever. She knows that if it was the other way around, she would’ve reacted the same way too, so Minju has been giving Yujin her space.

 

We only have a little time left until graduation. I promise to figure things out by then.

 

Minju thought to herself as she sighed heavily.

 

“You’re sighing again.” A stern voice scolded her for the nth time today.

 

“Sorry.” Minju replied.

 

“You said you’d share your problems with me when you had them. You’re thinking about things by yourself again.” Chaewon said as she lightly tapped Minju on the head.

 

“I’m just worried about the school festival.” Minju told a white lie, but not completely untrue.

 

“It’s coming up soon and I’m worried about my performance with Kriesha in the talent show. I don’t want to ruin it for her.” She added.

 

“I think you’ll do great. I’ve heard you practice with her a couple of times now and you sound really good.” Chaewon reassured her.

 

“You think so?”

 

“I know so.” Chaewon replied with a bright smile.

 

“Speaking of the school festival, are you doing anything?” Minju asked.

 

“Other than the class obstacle race, which I’m forced to participate in, no. I don’t plan on exposing myself more. I’m just going to enjoy myself, walk around, and eat to my heart’s content.” 

 

“You’re not going to make anymore friends doing that.” Minju pouted.

 

“I don’t need anymore. It’s almost graduation soon and I’m content with just you and Hii-chan being my friends right now, with the occasion of Kriesha and Yujinie from time to time I guess.”

 

“Since it’s almost graduation, that should be an excuse for you to show people that they missed out on having a cool friend and regret avoiding you these past three years.” Minju said with conviction.

 

Chaewon couldn’t say no to her girlfriend when she was showing her such an adorable face. 

 

“Fine. What do I get if I participate in something I’m not forced to be in?” Chaewon asked with a smirk on her face.

 

Minju tilted her head and placed her hand on her chin, thinking of a reward Chaewon would like. 

 

“What would you like as a reward?” Minju said after concluding it was best to just ask Chaewon.

 

“Hmmm….” Chaewon teased, dragging out her response.

 

“A kiss!” She exclaimed.

 

“A kiss? That’s it? You always ask for kisses. That’s nothing special.” Minju refuted.

 

“Not just our regular kiss. A special one. I’m always initiating it, and you never do, so it’s your turn. I want a kiss on my lips from you.” Chaewon said as she held out her pinky finger.

 

MInju began to blush once she thought about it thoroughly. They have kissed a few times before, but they were just pecks on the forehead or cheeks. If Chaewon finds something to participate in, this kiss will be their official first kiss. Even though Minju was embarrassed at how bold her request was, this may be the drive Chaewon needs to open herself up to more people.

 

“You have to find something you’re not forced into and see it through to the end, promise?” Minju said as she hooked her pinky finger onto Chaewon’s.

 

“I promise.”

 

•~•

 

The day of the school festival had arrived and the school was busy making sure the last minute checks and preparations were finished to open the school up to visitors. The school had some announcements and a small assembly to welcome visitors in the morning. 

 

“Have you found anything yet?” Minju whispered while the principal was talking to the visitors.

 

“I’m working on it.” Chaewon replied.

 

The obstacle race was up first. There was really no prize for the race, just bragging rights, but the whole school participated as it was like an energy boost for the rest of the day. The race this year was a couple race. Each class had to pair up within their class and finish the obstacle relay race. Each couple had a different task; feeding each other while blindfolded, three-legged foot race, etc. All chosen through lottery. Chaewon and Minju had the unfortunate luck of pulling the task of piggy-backing each other and running 200m to the finish line. 

 

The race started and their class was off to a great start. There was some time before it was their turn so Minju proposed that they practice a bit. 

 

“We don’t need to practice. We got this, easy.” Chaewon said with confidence.

 

“Are you sure? You’ve never carried me before. What if I’m too heavy for you?” Minju asked, slightly worried.

 

“You’re not heavy, I can tell. Don’t worry about it. Believe me.” Chaewon reassured the angel.

 

Their class was now neck and neck with another third year class as each couple before Chaewon and Minju was finishing up. It was almost their turn, but they had something else they had to worry about. They also had the unfortunate luck of having to go up against Eunbi and Yena in the final race.

 

“Good luck, Chaewon, Minju!” Yena exclaimed as she flashed them a big smile.

 

“Don’t talk to the losers.” Eunbi snapped at the duck as she made sure her shoelaces were tied and ready.

 

The couple before them was finishing up with Chaewon and Minju’s class was leading by a few feet. The last couples got ready, with one jumping on the back of the other. Minju could have sworn that she heard a grunt coming from Chaewon when she jumped on, but everyone was grunting so she didn’t think too much of it. Chaewon and Eunbi were standing next to each other. Eunbi glared at Chaewon as she got ready to receive the baton. Chaewon glared back, but didn’t say anything. The previous couple reached them and Chaewon took off. She was running as fast as she could, but something was definitely off.

 

Minju can tell that they were moving, but they were not moving as fast as Minju thought they would. With each step Chaewon took, the louder and harder her breathing became. 

 

“Are you okay?” Minju asked.

 

“I’m fine. This is nothing. Don’t worry, we’ll finish the race in no time.” Chaewon reassured the angel in between taking deep breaths.

 

Minju looked back, checking on the status of the other classes. Suddenly, she saw a horrifying sight as someone was approaching them, fast. Eunbi and Yena were closing the gap between them and Minju had to think of something fast. She knew it was cheating, but Chaewon sounded so confident in her abilities that she didn’t want her to feel down if they didn’t win. Minju began to float, little enough so that not all of her weight was on Chaewon and that no one could notice. 

 

Chaewon’s speed was a little bit faster now, but not immensely since she was quite tired by now. Eunbi had caught up to the pair. She flashed a smirk at the couple and rushed off, crossing the finish line in no time. Minju’s efforts were in vain as Chaewon and her claimed second place. As soon as they crossed the finishing line, Minju jumped off to let Chaewon catch her breath. She quickly grabbed a water bottle and handed it to Chaewon, which she gladly accepted and took multiple gulps.

 

“I can’t believe we lost. We had such a good lead too.” Chaewon groaned, disappointed.

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. You did great. If anything, it was probably my fault. I was too heavy for you.” Minju said.

 

“That’s not true!” Chaewon retorted.

 

“You were as light as a feather. I’m just too weak to carry you that’s all.” She added.

 

Minju cracked a smile as no matter what she said, Chaewon would just refute her claims of why they lost. Either way, they both had fun and there was no prize at stake anyway, so they didn’t see their lost as too tragic.

 

Next was the activities hosted by some classrooms and clubs. Each class or club can decide to host or do something. Some cooked food, had a mini shop, haunted house, etc. Chaewon and Minju’s class didn’t do anything since most of the students were already doing something else or belong to clubs that were doing something. The talent show was later in the afternoon, so Chaewon and Minju decided to hangout a little before then.

 

They walked around the school enjoying the different activities and bought snacks to munch on. They went past a classroom when a voice called out to them.

 

“Chaewon unnie! Minju unnie!” 

 

They both turned around and saw a familiar face, smiling and waving at them.

 

“Hey Hii-chan” Minju said with a big smile.

 

“What is your class doing?” Chaewon asked. 

 

“We have a little market in here. You should come check it out.” Hitomi said as she led the two into the classroom.

 

She walked the two to a little booth with a small sign that read “Peachtomi’s accessories.” It was her booth which had a variety of hand-made jewelry sprawled out across a few desks.

 

“You made all of these by yourself?!” Minju exclaimed in awe as she scanned through the collection.

 

“I did. It’s kind of a hobby of mine and I usually give them out to friends and families.” Hitomi said proudly.

 

Minju couldn’t stop gawking at all the different shapes and colors each accessory possessed, and Hitomi’s attention to detail was amazing as well.

 

“Is there something that catches your eye? Chaewon asked as she noticed Minju’s expression.

 

“They’re all so pretty, I’m not sure wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter