Two

Make Me Love You
=== 
 
“Hi.”
 
“Hi. Have you been waiting?” Tiffany stared at the offered hand in confusion.
 
“Not much.” Taeyeon remained smiling. “I’ll hold your bag for you.”
 
“You don’t have to. It’s not heavy anyway.” 
 
“But I insist.”
 
“I politely decline.” 
 
“Alright.” Taeyeon huffed as she held onto the strap of her backpack instead.
 
“So, where are we going?”
 
“Dinner then coffee afterwards? But if you’re too tired, you can choose either of the two.”
 
“Dinner then coffee is fine.”
 
“Great!” Taeyeon grinned while lifting her thumb up. “But the thing is…”
 
“What?”
 
“Do you mind walking? Taking the public transport? I don’t really have a car since my dad won’t let me have one.”
 
Tiffany almost burst out laughing at the too-innocent, apologetic look on the girl’s face but kept it in. “Okay…?”
 
“I’m sorry if I don’t have much. My dad just won’t give me stuff that I want.” Taeyeon sighed dejectedly.
 
“How about we just take my car?”
 
“Oh.”
 
“No?”
 
“I forgot you might have a car.” Taeyeon stared right into Tiffany’s eyes, almost the soul out of her. “But I don’t think it’s alright.”
 
“It’s okay.” 
 
“I’m sorry for troubling you.” Taeyeon followed Tiffany as she started walking to the parking lot. “Don’t worry, everything’s on me tonight.”
 
“You don’t have to pay for everything.” Tiffany stopped in front of a shiny red sports car and unlocked the doors. “Please.” She held out the door and waited until Taeyeon was seated.
 
“You have a really nice car.” Taeyeon fastened her seatbelt and took in the car’s luxurious interior. “Much better than my dad’s.” She nodded in approval before turning to Tiffany.
 
“What’s his car?”
 
“The silver version of this one.”
 
“What? How is this much better?”
 
“I don’t know.” Taeyeon shrugged. “The red one looks so much better. And I like the interior of this one too.” 
 
Tiffany chuckled and shook her head in amusement. “So, where are we headed to?”
 
“Are you familiar with that small Italian restaurant down the street?”
 
“Yeah. I go there often.”
 
“Great!”
 
=== 
 
“Ah. Wow. You have such… great appetite…” Taeyeon blinked after Tiffany had placed their orders.
 
“It’s such a busy day at work. I need to recharge.”
 
“Ah. Alright.” 
 
Tiffany nodded and took out her phone upon receiving a message. She badly wanted to ignore it when Dadflashed on the notification but it might be important. 
 
Dad: How’s the date going?
 
She furrowed her brows upon reading the message and instinctively eyed the girl seated across. Taeyeon seemed innocent on this one so she brushed off the thought and replied.
 
Tiffany: What are you talking about?
Dad: I heard you went out on a date.
Dad: With a pretty girl.
Dad: With Taeyeon?
 
The teasing, Tiffany could handle. But the stupid sticker her father sent her? Totallyannoying.
 
Tiffany: Why are you so interested in my private life all of a sudden?
Dad: Oh, you know. Just looking out for my daughter.
Tiffany: Dad, you’re being a creeper.
Dad: I’m just making sure!
Tiffany: Bye.
 
With a deep sigh, Tiffany leaned back after putting away her phone. Taeyeon was glued to her phone, grinning, and she just stared at her in amusement. Everything about this girl intrigued her. She seemed nice, a little childish but that’s kind of reasonable since she was younger, and maybe a little too innocent at times. 
 
“Taeyeon?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Oh.” Taeyeon looked away from the screen and smiled sheepishly. “I was watching some puppy videos. I’m sorry.” She tapped on her phone before holding it out to Tiffany. 
 
“Well…” Tiffany couldn’t help but smile a little while watching a compilation video of corgis running around. “They’re cute.”
 
“Aren’t they?” Taeyeon had this wide grin on her face before putting her phone down. “Do you like dogs?”
 
“I do.” Tiffany nodded. “I used to have one when I was a kid.”
 
“Ah, lucky you.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I wanted to have one but turns out I’m allergic to them.” 
 
“Oh.”
 
“Yeah. But it’s okay.” Taeyeon smiled again. “I can’t take care of them anyway since I’m quite busy with school.” 
 
The food soon arrived and everything became quiet. They ate their meal in utter silence, not that Tiffany would mind. Nothing much happened during dinner, just the occasional small talks, a little bit of getting to know you questions, and that was pretty much it. The date was far from great but somehow, Tiffany was quite fine with it.
 
“Are you still up for some coffee?” Taeyeon asked warily upon seeing Tiffany’s bored expression.
 
“Sure. I could use some coffee before I head back to work.”
 
“You still have work later?”
 
“Yes. I still have to finish something.”
 
“Oh.” 
 
“What?”
 
“Then maybe we should just skip coffee. I don’t want to take all your time.” Taeyeon asked for the bill and paid it, ignoring Tiffany’s attempt to pay for herself. “We should get going.”
 
=== 
 
“Where do you live?”
 
“You don’t have to send me home.” Taeyeon waved her hand dismissively. “I’ll just take the bus.”
 
“Where do you live?” Tiffany repeated with a much stern voice that had the girl grimace in fear.
 
“University dorm…?”
 
“Alright. It’s not too far. I’ll drop you off.”
 
They walked in silence to Tiffany’s car and Taeyeon couldn’t seem to stop herself from stealing glances. Of course, it didn’t go unnoticed to Tiffany but she was too tired to deal with it so she remained quiet while crossing the street.
 
“Seriously though, you don’t have to drive me home.” Taeyeon tried to decline again upon taking her seat.
 
“I insist. And it’s a bit late now.”
 
“I’ll be fine.”
 
Tiffany sighed before turning to her side, fastening the seatbelt for Taeyeon. Without saying a word, she started the engine and drove away. The short ride to the university was filled with awkward silence, Taeyeon seemed uncomfortable in her seat but Tiffany just ignored that as well. All she wanted to do was drop the girl off, go home, and finish all the remaining work she had.
 
“Thank you for dropping me off, Tiffany.” Taeyeon smiled awkwardly, her gaze focused on the road.
 
“No problem.”
 
“Uh…” 
 
“Hm?”
 
“The date wasn’t that bad, right?” Taeyeon finally turned to her side, waiting for any sort of response from Tiffany. “Because personally, I had fun.”
 
“Well…” Tiffany just stared at the girl’s pleading eyes and all thoughts about saying what she really had in mind ceased. “It could be better.”
 
“I don’t think that’s a really good feedback but I’ll take it as a compliment.” Taeyeon grinned sheepishly. “So…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“When will I get to take you out on a date again?”
 
“I thought you’ll find a way for me?” Tiffany unknowingly shot her a teasing smile.
 
“Hmm…” Taeyeon nodded in thought. “Oh!” She snapped her fingers as she remembered something. “The semester is ending soon. Can I visit you while I’m on vacation?”
 
“Don’t you have other things to do?”
 
“Not really. I get to spend my break however I’d like.”
 
“Alright, if you say so.” 
 
“Great!” Taeyeon was practically beaming from ear to ear now but her smile widen when Tiffany patted her head lightly. “I’ll see you in a few weeks, then?”
 
“Sure. Just message me before dropping by at my office.” Tiffany dropped her hand and awkwardly leaned it against the headrest when she realized what she was doing. Although Taeyeon seemed to like the gesture very much, Tiffany had to stop herself before she did something embarrassing.
 
“Okay! I’ll message you.” Taeyeon leaned forward and patted Tiffany’s head in return. “Good night, Tiffany. Take care on your way home.” She waved cutely that left Tiffany speechless.
 
“Good night.” Tiffany absentmindedly said to no one in particular and just stared as Taeyeon walked into the building. “Okay, that was soweird.” She shook her head while chuckling to herself.
 
===