Three

Make Me Love You
=== 
 
“Good afternoon, Miss Hwang.” The young lady greeted her politely.
 
“What is it?” Tiffany asked without taking her eyes off the laptop as she tried to finish the reports.
 
“A Miss Kim Taeyeon is looking for you. Should I let her in?”
 
Her hands stopped typing the moment she heard the name. “Kim Taeyeon?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Tiffany let out a deep sigh before nodding. “Okay, let her in.” She went back on typing while waiting for the said girl. It didn’t take long until she heard a knock on the door. “Please come in.” 
 
“Hello.” Taeyeon greeted with a bright smile as she went inside, trying to balance the coffee and books she was holding.
 
“Didn’t I make myself clear?” Tiffany’s annoyed tone halted the girl midway to her desk. “No?”
 
“Uh…” Taeyeon averted her eyes before continuing her way to Tiffany. She laid out the coffee and books neatly, making sure she did it slowly to buy some time. “I wanted to surprise you…?”
 
“Okay, let’s be clear. You just can’t come in here whenever you like.” 
 
“But I really wanted to…”
 
“You see, I’m very busy with all the piled up reports.” Tiffany looked at her dead in the eye, causing Taeyeon to slump her shoulders in defeat. “So please, do message me first before coming here.”
 
“Alright.” Taeyeon responded dejectedly. “At least take this coffee?” She pushed the cup forward. “It’s caramel macchiato. I hope you don’t mind.” 
 
“Thank you.” 
 
“You’re welcome.” Taeyeon nodded before grabbing her books. “I guess I should leave now.” She waited for Tiffany to somehow stop her but a full minute of silence was enough for Taeyeon to know that it won’t happen. “I’m sorry for bothering you, Tiffany.”
 
Tiffany stopped typing again then massaged her temples. One of the things that she hated the most was people trying to make her feel guilty. But don’t get her wrong. She wasn’t some sort of a heartless person but really,she just hated it when people try to use that guilt tripping card on her. “Alright, wait. Sit down.”
 
Taeyeon almost grinned widely but remembered that she shouldn’t. So without uttering a word, she sat down on the chair and waited for Tiffany to speak.
 
“Let’s set things up, okay?”
 
“Okay.”
 
“I don’t know how effective is that… thingthat you’re doing to your past relationships but…” Tiffany eyed the girl with a stern look. “That doesn’t work on me. So don’t do it.”
 
“What do you mean by that thing?”
 
“You’re trying to make me feel guilty so I would let you stay.” 
 
“Oh.” Taeyeon grinned sheepishly as she was clearly busted. 
 
“It’s one of the things that I don’t like about people.” The girl inadvertently gasped that would’ve made Tiffany laugh. “So if I were you, I won’t do it. Ever.”
 
“Alright…”
 
“Okay, that’s all. You may go now.”
 
“That’s it?” Taeyeon stood up and furrowed her brows as she looked at Tiffany in question.
 
“That’s it. Thank you for the coffee, by the way.” Tiffany lifted the cup and carefully took a sip.
 
“So you’re not letting me stay?”
 
“I can’t entertain you at the moment so it’s better for you to go home.”
 
“What about after work?”
 
“I have to work until late in the evening.”
 
“How late is this late?”
 
“Maybe around 10 or 12.”
 
“What?!” Taeyeon exclaimed in shock. “You have to work that late?”
 
“If I want to finish everything, yes I have to.”
 
“Alright.” Taeyeon sighed dejected and prepared to leave. “I guess I’ll see you around.” 
 
Tiffany was supposed to be annoyed at how the girl was looking at her with those sickeningly cute, sad, I-hope-you’ll-feel-guilty-for-real-this-time eyes. And before she could even stop herself, she stood up from her seat and walked to Taeyeon. “I’ll see you around.” She patted the girl’s head like the last time. “Don’t come here unannounced. Message me. Or call. Or whatever.”
 
“I will.” Taeyeon nodded vigorously and subtly leaned into the touch. “I promise.”
 
=== 
 
Weeks had passed since Taeyeon’s sudden visit to her office and true to her words, the girl never went to meet her without sending a message. The visits weren’t that often, much to Tiffany’s relief, because let’s be real, she barely had any time for herself and the last thing that she wanted was to deal with some young lady. So a few more weeks went by and Tiffany was more than glad to take a few days off after working so hard.
 
Taeyeon: Hi Tiffany. :)
 
Tiffany had been accustomed to such short message but it never failed to put a tiny smile on her face. As to whether she had started developing some sort of feelings for the said girl, Tiffany wasn’t sure and she would like to keep it that way. 
 
Tiffany: Hi
Taeyeon: How are you?
Tiffany: I’m fine. 
Taeyeon: Me too! 
Taeyeon: Are you busy with work today?
Tiffany: I took a few days off so, no.
Taeyeon: Really??
Tiffany: Yes.
Taeyeon: Can I invite you for some coffee? Or movie? Or whatever that you’d like.
 
Tiffany stared at the message blankly. She was too tired to go out today. But should she say yes? Or just come up with a lame excuse and say no? After weighing the pros and cons on going out on such a lazy day, Tiffany decided that maybe she should just go and get those 3 dates over with. 
 
Tiffany: Alright. Movie then coffee.
Taeyeon: Great! See you later around 3?
Taeyeon: I know I’m pushing my luck too much but would you like to have dinner as well?
 
=== 
 
“Tiffany!” Taeyeon was frantically waving her arm to catch Tiffany’s attention. To be honest, the gesture was quite unnecessary since she saw the girl the moment she had arrived at the cinema. “Hi! I’m glad to see you again.” 
 
“Sure.” Tiffany nodded hesitantly. 
 
“Can I hug you?”
 
“What?”
 
“Can I hug you?” Taeyeon looked at her with those cute expecting eyes that should’ve been illegal. “I feel like we haven’t seen each other for years though it was only for a month.”
 
“Okay…?”
 
“So… Can I?”
 
“Uh…” Tiffany was quite unsure on what was happening but nodded anyway. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her shoulders for a quick second before pulling away with a wide smile. They were left staring at each other after the warm gesture and Tiffany swore the girl was giving her that look that screamed please pat my head like you’d always do.So without really thinking, Tiffany placed her palm on Taeyeon’s head then brushed her hair.
 
“I’m so glad you agreed on such short notice.” Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear as she led Tiffany further inside. “Would you like something to eat?”
 
“Not really.”
 
“Hm. Alright. I’ll just buy some popcorn. Please wait here.” 
 
“Okay.”
 
=== 
 
“Do you want to have some popcorn?” Taeyeon whispered while offering the bucket.
 
“Thanks.” Tiffany took a few and quietly chewed as she went back to look at the screen. She wasn’t much of a movie goer, opting to buy some DVDs and watch them at the comfort of her apartment instead. To be honest, she was never a fan of these superhero movies. It didn’t make much sense to Tiffany, especially with those special effects and weird looking weapons. 
 
The movie soon ended and people started to leave so they followed suit. They walked out of the theater in silence, each preoccupied with their own thoughts. 
 
“So…” Taeyeon stopped at the nearest coffee shop and turned to Tiffany. “Coffee?”
 
“Can we have dinner instead?” Tiffany asked casually and thought nothing about it but it clearly had an effect on Taeyeon, which she found a bit confusing. “What?”
 
“You didn’t answer my message so I’m happy that you’d like to have dinner with me.”
 
“It’s just dinner, Taeyeon.” Tiffany was even more confused as Taeyeon almost giggled. “What is it?”
 
“You look so cool and intimidating, which I find very cute and attractive and…” Taeyeon held her breath for a second to calm herself. “Can I just say that I really like you?” 
 
Tiffany instinctively took a step back when Taeyeon gave her thatlook. Her cute brown eyes were staring into her soul and for the first time, it actually did something to Tiffany’s almost nonexistent heart. “You don’t know what you’re saying.”
 
“I do. I know I do.” Taeyeon took another step and carefully held Tiffany’s hand. “I like you, Tiffany. I hope you’ll return my feelings someday.”
 
“Uh…”
 
“You don’t really have to think about it now. Besides, we have all the time in the world.”
 
“Okay, you stop right there.” Tiffany pulled her hand out and pointed it at Taeyeon’s round eyes. 
 
“Why? What did I do wrong?”
 
“You see, I’m really not looking for a relationship right now.” Tiffany clearly saw the tinge of sadness in those eyes but she fought the urge to hug her or something. “To be honest, I just want to get these 3 dates over with.” She knew it was unnecessary but stringing the poor, innocent girl along wasn’t part of her plan. 
 
“But…” Taeyeon took a step back when Tiffany reached out for her. “No…” Before Tiffany could even react on what just happened, the girl had disappeared with tears running down her cheeks.
 
“Oh god.” Tiffany sighed in annoyance and decided to just go home, ignoring all the possible thoughts about her father breathing down her neck once he finds out about today’s date.
 
===
 
A/N: I forgot to include in my first author’s note :-) I may or may not cut this story short :-D anddddddd I have no idea if I will finish this so :-) I haven’t changed anything so far, except for some errors :-) happy reading though. XD