Four

Make Me Love You
=== 
 
“Good afternoon, Miss Hwang.”
 
“Good afternoon.” Tiffany halted from signing the documents and turned to her secretary. “You came bearing good or bad news or maybe both. Which is it?” Working with the same young lady for the past few years surely had its perks, one look from the secretary and she knew what was about to come.
 
“Both.”
 
“Alright. You know which ones I’d like to hear first.”
 
The secretary nodded firmly before speaking. “The Choi account had finally been approved and there will be a meeting this coming Thursday.”
 
“Great.” Tiffany nodded and resumed to sign the papers. “What else?”
 
“President Hwang would like to see you when he arrives later this afternoon.”
 
“I thought he had a meeting with the investors from Hong Kong?”
 
“Yes, he did. But he said he will be flying back today instead of tomorrow.”
 
Tiffany finished signing before fully focusing on her secretary. “Was he upset when he called?”
 
“Yes, he was a little bit upset.”
 
“Alright. I’ll see him later. Any more news?”
 
“That is all.”
“Okay, thank you.”
 
=== 
 
Knock knock knock
 
“Please come in.”
 
“You were looking for me?” Tiffany walked inside and sat on the chair right across from her father.
 
“Yes.” Mr. Hwang pushed aside the folders before turning to his daughter. “What have you done?”
 
“What do mean?”
 
“You know what I mean.”
 
“Dad, I can’t read minds.” Tiffany said with a hint of annoyance. 
 
With a deep sigh, Mr. Hwang carefully took Tiffany’s hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Heechul told me about how Taeyeon had been locking herself in her room. Do you have anything to do with this?”
 
“What’s it to you anyway?” Tiffany questioned nonchalantly although she was quite surprised on how the girl was acting. After all, it’s been a few weeks since their last date.
 
“I just wanted to know. And if you were indeed involved in this, then I’d like to apologize to her in your behalf since we know how you are.”
 
 
“What does that even mean?”
 
“You do realize that you are quite stubborn, right?”
 
“Right.” Tiffany leaned back in her seat, refusing to meet Mr. Hwang’s eyes.
 
“So, what happened?”
 
“Why are you even interested?”
 
“I’m just curious.”
 
“Why are you so nosy all of a sudden?”
 
“Alright.” Mr. Hwang sighed. “I’m just trying to help you out here, okay? Taeyeon seems to be a really nice young lady and seeing you two makes me happy.”
 
“You had us followed?!” Tiffany looked at her father in disbelief.
 
“I just wanted to make sure you’re safe!” Mr. Hwang raised his voice defensively. “I know, he’s my good old pal’s child but I just wanted to be sure.”
 
“Oh god, I should’ve known better.”
 
“So… What happened?”
 
“She said something foolish and I just had to make sure that we weren’t on the same page.”
 
“What did she say, exactly?”
 
“She said that she reallylikes me. Are kids these days like this? Saying all these nonsense as if they know what they’re talking about.” Tiffany shook her head in annoyance.
 
“And what did you say?”
 
“I made it clear that I’m not looking for a relationship right now.” Tiffany eyed the old man accusingly. “And stop giving me that look, Dad.”
 
“You could’ve at least turned her down in a gentle way. Not with this bossy tone?”
 
“Whatever Dad, it’s her fault for liking a total stranger that fast.” Tiffany waved her hand dismissively before taking her leave.
 
=== 
 
“Good morning, Miss Hwang.”
 
“Morning.”
 
“You have a lunch appointment with Miss Kim later.”
 
“What is this about?”
 
“They’ve heard about our new project with the Choi’s and they’re interested to invest in the said project.”
 
“Alright. Please send me the details later.”
 
=== 
 
Tiffany arrived 10 minutes earlier and while waiting, she thought of all the possible ideas that came to mind in such short notice to convince the probable investor. She made sure that all the necessary papers were in hand before relaxing in her seat. When the clock 12:30, Tiffany was all ready and in her business mode. As soon as she saw the young lady enter the small restaurant and took a seat right across from her, she couldn’t help but frown.
 
“Hello.” Taeyeon greeted her with a small smile.
 
“What are you doing here?”
 
“Meeting you?”
 
“Why?” Tiffany looked at the girl in disbelief until everything sunk in. “You’rethe Miss Kim that I’m supposed to meet today?”
 
“Yes…?”
 
“Are you going to invest in one of our projects?”
 
“I’m sorry, but no.” Taeyeon quickly grabbed Tiffany’s hand when she stood up. “But my Dad is!” She sighed dejectedly and loosen her hold. “I’m sorry for wasting your time but…”
 
“What?”
 
“I just wanted to see you.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Your dad told me why you did that.” Taeyeon eyed Tiffany warily. “And I accept your apology.”
 
“Okay…?”
 
“Just to be clear… I still like you.” Taeyeon said quietly, her cheeks turning pink in embarrassment. “And I’d still want to take you out for that 3rd date.”
 
“Why are you doing this?”
 
“Because I like you…?”
 
“You see, there’s a lot of people out there. Why don’t you just go out with them and quit wasting your time with me?”
 
“But I don’t want them.”
 
“Taeyeon…” Tiffany shook her head at the girl’s determined look. “I’m not worth it. I’m too busy with work, I can’t spend time with you, and you’re too young to be dating someone like me.”
 
“So all of this is because of the age difference? Because I’m too young and naïve?” Taeyeon was looking at her with those cute, round eyes that almost wavered Tiffany’s resolve.
 
“Maybe that’s one factor.” Tiffany answered with a shrug.
 
“Then how about you wait for me… let’s say when I turn 25?”
 
“And why would I do that?”
 
“I’m sure I’ll be mature enough by then and you’ll be able to see me in a different light.” Taeyeon said with a grin on her face. “Besides, I feel like you like me too.”
 
Tiffany almost burst out laughing at the girl’s confident tone. “You don’t know what you’re saying, Taeyeon.”
 
“Okay, I take it all back. I don’t want you to wait that long. Ican’t wait that long.” Taeyeon giggled to herself this time. “Can’t you just say yes and go out with me, Tiffany?” She reached out for Tiffany’s hand and caressed it gently. “Am I not good enough for you?”
 
“Alright, you’re very cute and nice.” Tiffany leaned forward and stared right into Taeyeon’s eyes. “But can you keep up with my lifestyle? You do realize that if I were to really involve myself in a relationship, it would be a long term commitment?”
 
“I know. I know what I’m getting myself into.” Taeyeon was undeterred by Tiffany’s cold tone as she too, leaned forward. “I don’t mind getting myself into a long term relationship. I’d be more than happy if this will be my last one.” She lifted Tiffany’s hand and placed it gently on her cheek.
 
“You just won’t accept no for an answer, I see.” Tiffany let out a smile that almost mimicked Taeyeon’s. “Alright, do whatever you want. Just…” She pulled back and pointed at the girl’s grinning face. “No whining if I can’t spend time with you. Keep in mind that work is my priority right now.”
 
“I’m fine with that.”
 
===