Five

Make Me Love You
=== 
 
“Hi Tiffany.” Taeyeon greeted with a smile as she took a seat across from Tiffany.
 
“Hi.” Tiffany was too preoccupied with scanning through her emails that she didn’t bother to look at Taeyeon. “Why are you so early?”
 
“I was practically doing nothing at home so I came by early.”
 
“Okay.”
 
The office went quiet save for the clicking sounds on the keyboard. Taeyeon took out her phone to kill some time but after half an hour of watching puppy videos, she finally got tired and just slumped on the chair while staring at Tiffany busying herself with the laptop.
 
Knock knock knock
 
“Please come in.”
 
“Good afternoon, Miss Hwang.” The young secretary bowed politely. “Mr. Han is here to verify the documents we sent this morning.”
 
“Okay.” Tiffany nodded and waited until her secretary was out of sight before turning to Taeyeon. “And you.” She pointed at the girl after closing her laptop. “Out you go.”
 
“Alright.” Taeyeon let out an overly dramatic sigh before leaving her seat. “I’ll just wait outside.”
 
“Okay. I’ll be done in an hour.”
 
=== 
 
Taeyeon sighed for the fifth time as she slumped on the sofa. The meeting inside Tiffany’s office was taking longer than expected and to say that she was bored out of her mind was an understatement. So to distract herself, she went on observing the secretary do her work, answering all the calls non-stop, typing on her computer in full speed, and checking whatever those papers were on her desk.
 
“Do you want to have some coffee, Miss Kim?” The secretary smiled a little when Taeyeon tried to act as if she wasn’t staring at her all this time.
 
“I’m fine, thank you.” 
 
“Alright.” The young lady nodded and went back to work.
 
It was a Friday and Taeyeon’s innocent young mind just couldn’t understand why they had too much work. She thought that Fridays meant less work and more preparations for the weekend, to unwind or something. 
 
“Uh… Miss Im?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Why do you have so much work today?”
 
“Friday is usually the busiest day for us. We need to finish all the reports by then since they’d be needed first thing on Monday.” The secretary answered with that small smile again.
 
“Ohhh. No wonder.” Taeyeon nodded in understanding. “Can I ask a few questions?” Without really thinking, she moved out of the sofa and went to sit on the chair near the secretary’s desk.
 
“Of course, you may.”
 
“Whatever I’m about to ask, I hope you keep it to yourself.” Miss Im gave her a look of curiosity that she had completely missed. “It’s about Tiffany.”
 
“Ah.” The secretary nodded. “Of course, I will. Do not worry, Miss Kim.”
 
“How long have you been working here with her?”
 
“About 3 years now.”
 
“Oh.” Taeyeon hummed quietly in amusement. “Has she ever dated since like… forever?”
 
Miss Im let out a small chuckle that made Taeyeon raise her eyebrows in question. “Not that I know of.” Disappointment was evident in the girl’s face that she couldn’t help but smile. “But I remember there was this young lady who frequently visited her.”
 
“Who was it?” Taeyeon unknowingly leaning forward with her eyes wide open.
 
“I hope you don’t take it the wrong way but this is a private matter so I’m sorry if I can’t share the information.” Miss Im smiled apologetically.
 
“Oh. Alright.” Taeyeon leaned back in her seat with a huff. “Do you think Tiffany is intimidating in a very cute way?” She asked after racking her brains to come up with a less depressing question.
 
“I found Miss Hwang very intimidating the first time I worked with her.” The secretary nodded in thought. “But as to finding it in a very cute way… I don’t think I understand what you mean, Miss Kim.”
 
“Uh… You know. Like… she’s intimidating and you’re supposed to get really scared but then it’s also cute at the same time that you can’t really get scared for real?”
 
“You have an interesting way of thinking.” Miss Im smiled at the girl in amusement. “You must really like Miss Hwang a lot.”
 
“Of course I do!” Taeyeon’s eyes literally brighten up at the comment. “I’ve never been attracted to anyone like this. Though she doesn’t really give me any hints, I feel like deep down, she really likes me too.” She gave the secretary a huge grin. “I feel like we have this connection and… she’s just so beautiful and perfect and…” She sighed dreamily in her seat.
 
“You sound like you really like her a lot then.” The secretary smiled wider. “I wish you all the best in pursuing her, Miss Kim.” 
 
“Thank you!”
 
=== 
 
“Tiffany?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“What’s so funny?”
 
“What?”
 
“You’ve been smiling while looking at your phone.” Taeyeon pointed at the said device with curiosity.
 
“Ah. Nothing. It was just a silly message from my friend.” Tiffany pocketed her phone before turning all her attention to Taeyeon. “What were you saying?”
 
“Let’s go to the arcade!” Taeyeon clapped her hands in excitement. 
 
“What? Why?”
 
“I haven’t been to one for a long time. Come on!” 
 
Tiffany fought the urge to roll her eyes as she stood up. “What are you doing?” She eyed the outstretched hand in confusion.
 
“Can I hold your hand?”
 
“Why?”
 
“To make sure you’ll come with me to the arcade.” Taeyeon grinned widely when Tiffany shook her head in disbelief, a small smile etched on her face.
 
“That’s kind of a lame excuse to hold my hand.” Although it came out with her usual cold tone, Tiffany didn’t protest when the girl took her hand and held it firmly. She was lead upstairs with a very excited Taeyeon and it didn’t take long until they reached the arcade.
 
The place wasn’t as crowded as Tiffany had imagined. With Taeyeon’s full on energy, they went from one game to another and by the time they played half of them, she was already dead tired.
 
“Are you tired?” Taeyeon asked worriedly upon seeing Tiffany’s exhausted face. “How about we go to that photo booth then let’s call it a day?” 
 
“What? Those are for kids.” Tiffany tried to protest but got dragged into a nearby photo booth anyway.
 
“I’ll select the frame, okay?” Taeyeon busied herself with customizing the background and frame. After what felt like forever, she was finally done and pressed the button. “Come closer. We have 4 shots.” She pulled Tiffany by the arm and made sure they were both inside the small frame.
 
“Fine, whatever.” Tiffany stood straight and before she could even prepare herself, a loud click was heard, leaving her in a stiff pose while Taeyeon had the best smile on her face.
 
“Come on! Smile and pose, Tiffany!” 
 
 
Taeyeon nudged her a little and prepared for the next shot. Seeing that Tiffany wasn’t doing anything, she poked the woman’s cheek with a huge grin. Another loud clicking sound and they were now down to the last 2 shots. Tiffany was still standing there like a post but this time with a small smile on her face as Taeyeon leaned her head on her shoulder.
 
Click
 
“Oh, that’s cute! You actually smiled!” Taeyeon pointed at the 3rd frame with too much enthusiasm. “Now let’s make a heart!”
 
“What?! No!” 
 
“Come on!” Taeyeon was practically whining by now as she held out her hand.
 
“Oh god, I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Tiffany mumbled to herself. “Fine. Just this once.” She held out her left hand, connecting it to its other half. The look on her face was quite stupid, to say the least, contrary to Taeyeon’s bright smile. They waited until the photo was done printing and the girl took it eagerly.
 
“This is so cute!” Taeyeon pointed at the 4th picture. “Can I keep this?” She held it out and gave Tiffany her best pleading eyes. “Please?”
 
“Of course, you can. Keep that with you. It’s too embarrassing for me to keep that.” Tiffany waved her hand dismissively. 
 
“Thank you!” Without really hesitating, Taeyeon leaped from her feet and engulfed Tiffany into a warm hug.
 
=== 
 
The date had ended and now they were left in complete silence as they parked in front of Taeyeon’s house. Tiffany waited patiently and sat quietly, too tired to even say a word after all the walking.
 
“Tiffany?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“I really had fun today. Thank you for coming with me.” Taeyeon said as she unfastened her seatbelt to turn to Tiffany. “I hope you had fun too.”
 
“I did. Thank you.”
 
“So…”
 
“What?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow in question when the girl gave her thatlook again.
 
“It’s our last date… Is it too much if I ask for your evaluation now?”
 
“What… does that even mean?”
 
“Well, after all the dates we had, and of course the visits to your office…” Taeyeon was still looking at her with those cute expecting eyes. “Would you like to date me?”
 
“Oh.” Tiffany blinked and was rendered speechless for a moment.
 
“I know I’m putting all of me out there, but that’s just how I am.” Taeyeon chuckled nervously. “I know you find me too young and immature but if you’ll take a chance with me… I know you won’t regret it.”
 
“And this is supposed to convince me to date you?”
 
“Yes, of course.” Taeyeon’s voice cracked a little at Tiffany’s serious tone. “So what do you say, Tiffany?”
 
Tiffany just observed the girl fidget in her seat while waiting for her response. To be honest, she wasn’t that sure what she was getting herself into. Sure, Taeyeon was really nice and all but was that enough reason to really date her? Was she really prepared to get herself into a long term relationship? Did she even like the girl?
 
“You can just say no, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said quietly and gave Tiffany’s head a light pat. “It’s okay, we just can’t have it all.” She shrugged nonchalantly, trying to prevent the tears from coming out of her eyes. “It felt really, really, great until it lasted.” 
 
Tiffany wasn’t able to process everything and just sat there, helplessly looking at Taeyeon’s retreating figure. The car door was shut with a soft thud and that’s when she came back to her senses. Without really realizing what was happening, Tiffany shut the car’s engine and got out. She was now acting purely by instincts as her hand grabbed Taeyeon’s arm to turn her around. Everything happened in a flash and before she knew it, or could even stop herself from doing so, their bodies were pressed lightly against each other in a hug. 
 
“Fine. I’d be stupid to let go of someone like you. As much as I hate to admit it, my dad was right, you’re perfect for me.” Tiffany smiled upon feeling the arms circling around her waist. They pulled away after a moment and just stared at each other until Tiffany gently held Taeyeon’s face for a kiss. 
 
===
 
A/N: Halfway there :-) I still haven’t decided if I’m ending this with chapter 10 jahejejrjfjfkf stay tuned to find out lol