Seven

Make Me Love You
=== 
 
Taeyeon: Hi Tiffany! :)
Tiffany: Hi.
Taeyeon: How have you been?
Tiffany: Busy with work. Nothing new.
Taeyeon: Ah, I know right. :( You’ve been pretty busy for the past few weeks. :(
Tiffany: Yeah.
Taeyeon: I know I shouldn’t be like this but… I just wanna say that I miss you so much. :(
 
Tiffany choked on her drink upon reading the message. Work has been piling up for the past couple of months and before she had even realized it, Taeyeon’s summer vacation was over, leaving the girl less time to visit her. She had known by now that Taeyeon was one of those I-will-gladly-express-my-feelings-to-you kind of person but this,this was a little bit too much for Tiffany to handle. 
 
“What’s the matter? Are you okay?” 
 
Tiffany gladly took the tissue her friend had offered to wipe . “Ugh.”
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“This… this is just… ugh.” Tiffany pointed at the discarded phone on the table. “Hey! Give it back!” She leaned forward and tried to retrieve her phone.
 
“Aww, your cute little girlfriend misses you!” Her friend squealed upon reading the message before typing a reply. “You’re welcome.” 
 
“What… have you done?” Tiffany got her phone in a haste. “Oh god.What have you done?!” She glared at her grinning friend upon reading the obviously-not-by-Tiffany reply.
 
Tiffany: I miss you just as much baby. I hope to see you again real soon. <3 
 
“Doing you a favor.”
 
“This isn’ta favor?! You’re giving her wrong ideas!”
 
“Why can’t you just be grateful and say thank you.”
 
“Thank you for what?For this!?” Tiffany was practically yelling by now as she showed Taeyeon’s immediate reply.
 
Taeyeon: Baby you light up my world like nobody else. <3
 
“Aww, you got yourself a sweet, cute girlfriend!” Her friend giggled at the message.
 
“Shut up. She’s not my girlfriend.” Tiffany grumbled and shoved her phone back into her bag.
 
“Then what is she?”
 
“Just… some…”
 
“Some what?”
 
“Someone I often go out with…?”
 
“You know what’s it called?”
 
“What?” Tiffany furrowed her brows in confusion.
 
“A girlfriend.”
 
“Okay, I’m totally leaving you right now. I should’ve known better than to accept meeting you today.”
 
=== 
 
“Whoa. That’s some good looking car!” 
 
“What? Where?” Taeyeon chuckled at her friend’s amused look.
 
“There! Just along the coffee shop!” Sunny, her uni best friend, pointed at the shiny red sports car parked along the said shop. “Good thing we’re headed that way. I wanna take a closer look of that car.” She grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and dragged her into the streets.
 
“Uh… Hey.” Taeyeon looked around as she had recognized the shiny red car. “You shouldn’t be touching other people’s cars, Sunny.” She carefully called out her friend who merely just waved her off.
 
“Don’t worry, I won’t leave a tiny scratch.” Sunny proceeded to take an even closer look on the car.
 
“Hey, I think that’s enough. The owner might come back any minute now and I don’t want us to get into trouble.”
 
“Just a few more seconds!”
 
“But…!”
 
They both turned around at the loud knocking on the coffee shop’s window. Taeyeon just stared at the person in horror while Sunny jumped away from the car. 
 
“Do you think she’s the owner?” Sunny whispered in fear to Taeyeon.
 
“Yeah… I mean… look at that face.” Taeyeon whispered back, her insides shaking at the intense displeased look on Tiffany’s face. She couldn’t help but be frightened as she remembered attempting to run her fingers against that shiny car’s hood and got an earful of nagging. 
 
“Oh god, she’s coming this way!” Sunny tugged at Taeyeon’s arm with much desperation. “Should we run now?!”
 
“Don’t run!” Taeyeon held onto her friend. “Just apologize.” She hissed before Tiffany came. 
 
“O-oh, right! I’m so sorry, Miss. I didn’t mean to leave a scratch or something.” Sunny bowed apologetically.
 
“Is she your friend?” Tiffany turned to Taeyeon who only nodded in return. “Is that so?”
 
“Y-yeah! I tried stopping her but she just won’t listen! Ow!” Taeyeon held her arm when she got pinched.  
 
“Hey, you’re supposed to be on my side!” Sunny hissed before turning to Tiffany with a very apologetic look.
 
“Fine.You two are forgiven.” Tiffany eyed the fidgeting girls. “And you.” She pointed at Taeyeon’s wide eyes. “We need to talk.”
 
 
“What? Why? Did I do something wrong?” Taeyeon asked worriedly.
 
“No. But… Just… Just later. We’ll talk later.” Tiffany waved her hand dismissively. “I’ll see you later.” She turned around to go back in.
 
“Wait… wasn’t that your girlfriend? The one you kept on talking about?” Sunny asked her friend when she realized something.
 
“Her what?” Tiffany walked back to the two with quick strides.
 
“Your girlfriend’s girlfriend? Wait, what?” Sunny scratched her head in confusion.
 
“My…” Tiffany’s eye twitched at the question.
 
“Yes, yes, she is.” Taeyeon tugged at Sunny’s arm and motioned to leave. “We’ll get going now. Just message me where to meet you, okay?” She gave a quick wave goodbye to Tiffany before dragging her friend away.
 
=== 
 
“So…”
 
“Okay, first of all.” Tiffany held out her phone, showing the messaging app. “This wasn’t me. My friend took my phone and stupidly replied to your message.”
 
“Okay…?”
 
“Second, what is this about… about being girlfriends?” Tiffany had to force herself to say it. 
 
“Uh… Well, about that…” Taeyeon tilted her head to look at Tiffany in confusion. “Aren’t we? Girlfriends, I mean.”
 
“Why…?”
 
“Well, first of all, we agreed not to see other people?”
 
“Did we?”
 
“We indirectly did.” Taeyeon nodded. “Didn’t we?”
 
“What…?” Tiffany was now mirroring the girl’s confused look.
 
“Anyway! Second, you kissed me on our third date!” Taeyeon giggled at the memory. “You agreed to date me, didn’t you?”
 
“I… did…?”
 
“Well. I guess so.” Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly. “We go on dates, we hold hands, give each other hugs and kisses… aren’t those what girlfriends do?”
 
“No…?”
 
“No?” There was a dramatic frown on Taeyeon’s face upon hearing Tiffany’s response.
 
“We didn’t really agree on anything. These are just… all assumptions.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Tiffany went quiet as she watched Taeyeon sinking into the chair while crossing her arms. 
 
“Then what are we, Tiffany?” Taeyeon spoke after a moment of silence. “We’re definitely not justfriends.”
 
“We’re just…”
 
“We’re just what…?”
 
“We’re just not there yet.”
 
“What does that mean?” Taeyeon scooted forward. “Why did you kiss me? Is it out of pity?” She glanced down for a second before turning back with a sad look on her face. “Do you even like me?”
 
Tiffany opened but no words came out. She just sat there, staring at Taeyeon who was about to cry.
 
“Why is it so hard for you to like me?”
 
“It’s… it’s not like that.”
 
“Then what is it? What should I do?” Taeyeon reached out for Tiffany’s hand and held it gently.
 
“Nothing. You don’t have to do anything.”
 
“I don’t understand.”
 
“It’s not you, it’s me, okay?” Tiffany sighed exasperatedly. “I still don’t understand why you want a relationship with me. Why you put too much effort in pursuing me knowing that you aren’t even my priority. Why… just why are you doing all these?”
 
“Because I like you.” Taeyeon tugged at the hand, urging Tiffany to sit beside her. “You make me happy in your special way and I’d like to make you happy in return.”
 
“Relationships aren’t all about feelings, Taeyeon.”
 
“I know.”
 
“I… I don’t know what to do with you.” Tiffany furrowed her brows in thought.
 
“So… do you like me or not?” Taeyeon asked after a moment of silence.
 
“Maybe I do. I don’t know.” Tiffany stood up in a haste to go back to her desk.
 
“So you do.” The slight frown on the girl’s face was immediately replaced with a wide smile as she followed Tiffany. “Thank you for clearing that up.” She gave her a warm hug and lingered for a moment.
 
“Just to be clear, we’re not girlfriends.” 
 
“Not yet.” Taeyeon pulled away with a grin. “I will work harder on that.” She giggled at Tiffany’s flushed face after giving her a light peck on her cheek. “Have I told you how cute you are?”
 
“You have to go now. I have a meeting in 10.” Tiffany detached herself and turned around to check the documents on her desk.
 
“Baby please don’t go.” Taeyeon was undeterred with the cold tone and latched herself back to Tiffany, hugging her from behind.
 
“Call me with that stupid name again and I swear you won’t see me ever again.” Tiffany threatened as she tried to pry the stubborn arms away. “Taeyeon.”
 
“Tiffany.”
 
“You’re getting on my nerves.” Tiffany frowned and looked over her shoulder when she felt Taeyeon leaning her head gently against her back. “What do you think you’re doing?”
 
“I just want to make the most out of our time together.” Taeyeon snuggled closer. “Sadly, I’ll be really busy this year since it’s my last year in uni.” She sighed dramatically before finally pulling away. “I will miss you Tiffany.”
 
“Right.”
 
“I hope you will miss me too.” Taeyeon stared at Tiffany with those soul cute eyes before placing a light kiss on her lips. “See you soon.” She waved goodbye, leaving Tiffany with her messed up mind alone.
 
“Oh my god, it was just a stupid kiss.” Tiffany absentmindedly touched her lips, eyes still staring at the closed door. “Ugh. You’re notgetting into my head.”
 
===
 
A/N: :-) I made a mistake in the last update whejdjjfkfkf I (tried to) fixed it :-) I should just leave this story alone and just edit the typos shehhehdjdd T_T