Seven

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri tried hitting the metal door with a hammer to make some sound to get the attention of the people outside. Nobody came and opened the door. Who would even know about the basement at the back of the house? Sehun tried prying the door open by force, using a screw driver and a couple of tools but the door stayed intact. Who would use a very thick metal door in a basement anyway?

After 30 minutes of failed attempts, Jinri could already feel her body giving up on her. She’s been using too much energy the whole day and her body was ready to take a rest. She couldn’t believe that neither Mina nor Chaeyoung noticed that she’s been missing in action for 3o minutes.

She leaned on the wall and plopped on the ground, not minding if her pants get ruined by dust on the floor. She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her head on them. She’s just too tired. Sehun looked pretty tired as well. He was also leaning on the opposite wall with his eyes shut.

She was starting to drift off when she felt something creeping up her legs. Her eyes flew open in surprise as she screamed on top of her lungs. She was jumping up and down.

“Why? Why? Why?” Sehun asked, half-awake. He focused the flashlight on her direction. “What’s wrong?” He stood, ready to fight.

“Cockroach,” Jinri replied timidly. She shivered and started rubbing her arms again. There were no windows but she felt chilly.

A sigh left Sehun’s lips as he went back to his sitting position. “I thought you were in real trouble,” he commented, ruffling his head.

“It was real trouble,” she said in defense. “Cockroaches are just…” she trailed off before shivering once again. She never finished her sentence. She was wary about being attacked by an army of roaches. She did not dare sit.

“Come here,” Sehun said, patting on the spot next to him. “I’m not going to jump on you if that’s what’s worrying you,” he added when he saw her hesitating. He patted on the carton-covered floor again and gestured for her to sit there.

After hesitating for a couple more seconds, she slowly walked to where he was seated and occupied a space beside him. He noticed that she had been shivering the whole time. He put the flashlight down before taking his jacket off.

“Wear this,” he said, passing the jacket to her.

“I’m okay,” she said, trying to turn down his offer.

“No, you’re not. You’ve been shivering like every 10 seconds.” Sehun wrapped the jacket around her, not giving her the chance to turn him down again.

“T-Thanks,” she finally muttered after full 3 seconds before slipping into his jacket. She pulled her knees once again and rested her chin on them. A moment of silence enveloped the room before Sehun opened his mouth.

“How are you holding up?”

His question made her raise a brow. “Fine, I guess,” she mumbled. It was actually the first time that Sehun ever asked such question after the incident at the club. He never tried to ask anything about it. She actually liked that he acted like he did not know that she and Inho broke up.

“That’s good,” he commented. She slowly turned to him. He had his eyes closed as if he was waiting for the ‘spirit of sleep’ to find him again.

“Why would a family like yours who have the money, not get a damn door repaired?”

He chuckled, not really expecting that question. “I really don’t know. Maybe because it’s just a storage room. Besides, nobody really uses this house except when there are parties here or when there are activities like this.”

“A vacation house that rarely gets used,” she muttered to herself. The scale of how rich his family is makes her realize how different their lifestyles are. “That’s really a pity. The whole place is actually really beautiful.”

Sehun lazily cocked his head to her side. “You can visit any time you want though. I’ll even accompany you.”

Jinri rolled her eyes at him. “You’re impossible.”

He smiled. “So I’ve been told.”

He yawned and she did the same. He chuckled.

“My body feels so heavy,” she sighed.

“Do you want a massage?”

“Do you want my fist against your pretty face?”

“Oho, you think I’m pretty.” Sehun grinned.

“Shut up.”

“You’re prettier. Don’t worry, sunshine.”

She glared at him. “Why do you keep calling me sunshine?”

“Don’t know,” he shrugged. “You remind me of the sun? You just have this sunny aura. That’s all.”

“I don’t even understand that,” she commented, shaking her head before another yawn escaped .

“Me too,” he nodded, yawning. “Good night. I think we’ll be here until the morning.”

Although she did not like the idea of that, she found herself not protesting. She made herself comfortable and not too long, sleep got a good hold of her and then, she was off to dreamland.

Sehun did not know what time it was when he heard Jinri whimpering. From the light casted by the flashlight, he saw that she moving her feet as if she was kicking something away from her. She was squirming uncomfortably in her sitting position.

“Don’t touch me,” she cried out with a strained voice. “Please, stop.”

“Hey,” he whispered, tapping her shoulder a bit.

She suddenly started clawing around her neck like she was trying to get rid of something from it. “Stop,” she mumbled, almost crying. “Please, stop.”

“Jinri, wake up.” He held her shoulders and gave her a little shake.

She opened her eyes and looked at him. Her eyes were unfocused and he knew that she was still not aware of what was going on. It was as if she was still in her dream.

“Get him away from me,” she gasped.

“No one’s here. It’s just the two of us,” Sehun said, still holding her steady.

Her eyes started closing as if she took that as a cue to end her dream. She fell into his arms, unconscious. When he checked on her, she looked like she was back to her sleep. He couldn’t wrap his head around what happened but he was sure of one thing. That was one bad dream.

He was sure he laid her on the carton with a lot of space between them after that so when he found himself in such close proximity with her, he couldn’t tell what went on during those in-between hours. Jinri was curled up beside him, using his arm as a pillow.

He looked down at her. She was sleeping peacefully like a baby. He moved a little to get his arm into a comfortable position when she squirmed, burying her face on his chest. He sighed, wondering what her reaction would be if she sees them right now.

She grunted and she moved her arm. She placed it around his waist and pulled her body closer to him. He awkwardly lifted his other arm to give her more space. He thought she took him as her pillow that’s good for hugging. It’s not that he’s not good for hugging. He’s very good at it. It’s just that his other arm’s getting numb.

“Jinri,” he called out, shaking her shoulder. “Wake up.” He shook her a bit stronger this time.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, shuttin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter