Four

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A stunning night view of Seoul with a romantic vibe was fitting for an anniversary date. Jinri couldn’t even imagine how Inho prepared all of that despite being busy. He’s working as an accountant in a trading company and she’s sure he had so much going on with his job. She was moved by his efforts.

They knew each other through a common friend. She was a senior student back then and he was a fresh graduate who was preparing for the board examinations. She liked how serious he was with his studies and how he had a goal that he wanted to reach. He is mature for his age and he acted like a strong pillar for her.

They enjoyed dinner while catching up with how they’re doing in their own jobs. Inho shared that he was actually enjoying what he’s doing despite the pressure that he’s getting from his boss. Jinri told him that Sehun was an intern in Glam and she’s stuck with him as his senior. She also revealed that Sehun just lied a while back, saying that he was her brother and that they grew up like brother and sister.

Inho looked surprised and confused why Sehun would do that but he just found it not worth fussing about. He is that mature to know what is supposed to be given attention and what is needed to be ignored. And that’s what she likes about him.

They finished a bottle of really good wine and even had dessert. It was already really late when they decided to call it a night. They walked back home, enjoying the cold summer breeze. The streets were very well lit and many people were still out of their houses. Inho walked her to her building and Jinri invited him inside her small unit.

Given that they had a short stopover at a convenience store and had a can or two of beer, she was sure that Inho could use some time to recover from getting drunk. She noticed that he was walking funny a while back. Unlike her, Inho actually has low alcohol tolerance.

She made him sit on the couch as she entered her room to change her clothes and to put her bag and the present that Inho gave him. She left the flowers on the table so that she could fix them into a vase once her boyfriend leaves. When she returned to the living room, he had already turned the TV on. Her favorite movie was being played.

“Would you like some water?” she asked as she made her way to the kitchen. Inho turned to her and smiled.

“Yes, please,” he replied.

Jinri poured the cup with cold water and delivered it to him. She sat next to him and he automatically leaned on her shoulder after drinking the water. She let him settle comfortably on her sofa as she started playing with his hair. He shut his eyes for some time while her eyes were focused on the movie playing in front of them.

Suddenly, Inho moved and she stiffened for a second or two when she felt his lips on the side of her neck. He moved up and kissed her jaw. She turned to him and he sat straight. “Babe,” she muttered before his lips crashed into hers. His left hand found its way to the back of her neck and his right hand held her cheek.

She let him lead and she followed the movement that his lips were doing. It was slow at first just like how he starts to kiss her every time. They could taste the alcohol from each other. He deepened the kiss and she found herself getting pushed down the couch. Her head met the arm of the sofa in no time.

A moan of protest left her lips when Inho’s lips left hers for her neck. Her heart was beating harder against her ribcage when he left soft and little trails of kisses on her neck and on her collarbones. His lips found hers once again and it sent her a thousand bolts down her spine. He pulled his right hand from her cheek and let it drop on the side of her thigh.

Her brain was already flashing red lights when she felt his hand creeping up to her abdomen but she couldn’t think straight. His kiss was just making her lose all the rationality in the world. His hand was warm against her bare stomach.

“Babe,” she muttered in between in kisses.

“Hmm?”

The words that she was thinking of saying died in when he bit her lower lip, tugging it softly before claiming her lips once again. His fingers made a circling motion on her abdomen and she let a strained moan leave . His hand travelled downwards.

“Stop.” Her word was muffled. “Babe, stop.” She pushed his hand away but he pinned her down. She couldn’t tell if it’s the alcohol in his system that was working in him or not. She gasped when he got his hand under her pants. And just like that, she felt like a very cold bucket of water was thrown over her.

“I said stop,” she shrieked in panic as she pushed him away as hard as she could. Inho retreated back and stared at her in confusion. Jinri quickly sat up straight and moved to the end of the sofa, distancing herself from him as much as possible. “I’ve told you before that I can’t do that.”

Inho’s confused expression turned cold then into an annoyed one. “It’s been a year. We’ve been going out for a year. How much longer should I wait?” He was exasperated. “It’s not like I’m the only one who was into it. You were for ’s sake!”

His accusing tone surprised her. He was right. She was responding to his touch a while back but he knew from the start that she was not ready for it. She told him from the very beginning that if he’s just going to date her to get her laid, he should not even think about it. He said he understood and that he respected her decision so having him throwing a fit because of what she did was making her mad.

She suddenly felt so dirty for letting herself give in. Tears were starting to form in the corner of her eyes. She never liked crying in front of anyone so she bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself. She tried to look at his frustrated state.

“I think you should go,” she muttered. That took her a lot of courage.

Inho stood right away and grabbed his jacket from the floor. A deep sigh left his lips before looking down at her. Jinri did not dare look at him and just fixed her gaze on the other end of the sofa. He walked away without saying a thing. And when she heard the door being closed, she started crumbling down.

Her hands were trembling in fear. She shook her head, trying not to let the memories get to her. She wanted to erase that man from her mind but she already knew that his touch will always make her shiver in fear and disgust.

 

 

She hasn’t contacted Inho since that night and he has not reached out as well. She has been thinking of calling him first but she was scared that he might just reject her call. It has been two days of no communication and it was killing her.

“Trouble in paradise?” Sehun asked. He’s been staring at Jinri for the past 5 minutes and he figured out that there was something going on with her. She’s been looking at her phone every minute for the past two days so it’s not a mystery why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter