Eleven

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri looked at the door.

She then looked at her phone. 11:34 AM.

She looked at the door once again. A sigh left her lips. Sehun’s running really late. She has left a couple of texts, telling him to get his to the office before the day ends since she has a lot of things to accomplish and she could need his help. All her calls have been directed to his voice mail.

She wondered if he’s mad about what happened last night. Stepping on his toes could be a reason for him to get pissed off but as far as she noticed, he was actually cool with it when he dropped her off after the party. He even said ‘good night.’

She checked the time once more. 11:36 AM.

Her mind was floating somewhere that she did not notice that her finger was too close to the needle. She shrieked in surprise and in pain when her finger got stabbed by the needle. She quickly pulled her hand from the sewing machine.

“Are you okay?” Mina asked as she ran to Jinri’s work station. She gasped in horror when she saw Jinri’s bloody hand. She grabbed a couple of tissue and offered it.

“Thanks. I’m fine,” Jinri said, taking the tissue from Mina. She wrapped it around her finger, wincing. She looked at the piece of fabric which was still stuck on the sewing machine. “Now I need to start all over again.”

Mina patted Jinri’s shoulder, giving her an empathic look. “Are you sure you’re alright?”

“Yeah, of course. Why would you think otherwise?”

“You’ve been looking at the door as if you’re waiting for someone to come and you’ve been checking your phone every 30 seconds,” Mina replied, shrugging. Jinri couldn’t believe she noticed all of that. “Is it the intern?”

Jinri’s throat went dry. A ghost of a smile appeared on Mina’s face as if she discovered something of value.

“You’re actually waiting for the intern, huh,” Mina stated, dragging the words in a teasing manner.

“I was just checking if he’s coming to work or not,” Jinri huffed before taking her eyes off Mina. She tended to her bloody finger, pulling some more tissue from her table. “I’m the one in charge of him. And I really could use some help with all of these.” She nodded towards her messy work station. Fabrics over fabrics were covering her table.

“Whatever you say,” Mina commented, shrugging her shouldered nonchalantly. Her eyes landed on Jinri’s finger which looked like a burrito with all the tissue wrapped around it. Jinri noticed it.

“I’ve experienced worse. This is just like a little prick.” Jinri held her hand. “I’m going to wash the blood off and put a bandage on it if that would convince you that it’s not a big deal.”

Mina held her hands in surrender. “Okay. Just like a little prick, you say. Fine.”

Jinri stood and headed to the restroom.

She looked at the wall clock. 11:41 AM. She frowned.

She made it to the restroom without making another stupid mistake. Her brain’s still trying to figure out why Sehun’s not coming to work. She put her finger under the faucet, letting the water wash away the blood from it. She grimaced when she saw that the damage on it was worse than she expected. The needle has pierced through her skin.

Why am I thinking about him so much?

She’s been spending so much time with him and it made her feel weird that he’s not around, snooping around and commenting on her work. He’s actually been helpful. The hate that she felt the first time they met has more or less evaporated into thin air. Sure, he acted like a back then. But he’s not that bad now that she had learned more about him. She couldn’t even tell how many times she had told herself that.

She’s getting attached. She knew it when she felt her heart skipping a beat whenever he’s around. When did she start feeling attracted to him? When they went to the club and he helped her? The morning after that when he lent her his clothes and even cooked food for her? During the trip to Jeju? Last night?

She has no idea.

She just knew and she’s aware that she feels like her heart’s going through a mini heart attack when he takes her by surprise – when he takes care of her.

She thought it’s too soon to open her heart. But is there such thing as too soon?

Is her heart ready for Oh Sehun? Is she ready for him and everything about him?

 

 

Sehun was sure that it was midday when he came back from his deep slumber.

The sun was high up in the sky and the curtain in his room was barely stopping the light from invading the darkness that he wanted to keep in that space. He shut his eyes and grunted. He patted the side table, trying to find his phone. He grabbed it and turned it on.

5 missed calls and 7 messages.

A sigh left his lips when he saw that Jinri had been calling him since 8 in the morning. He tapped on the messages.

8:30 Rise and shine. It’s workday. 

9:02 Hey, intern, I could really use some help here.

9:24 Are you sick or something? Why are you not picking up your phone?

9:33 Are you mad about last night? I’m sorry that I have two left feet. I just need some help here.

10:06 Hello? Oh Sehun. Intern?

10:45 Get your here in the office if you’re not sick or dying! I need you to do some things.

11:18 Your cousin noticed that you’re not around. Be here before the day ends.

He ran his hand over his face. He tossed his phone back to the side table.

“You’re up?” a breathy female voice asked. Sehun felt an arm around his waist. The lady pulled her body close to him and he felt her ness against his . She trailed light kisses on his back.

Right. It completely slipped from his mind. He had company.

He stopped the lady’s hands from travelling further down. She let a whiny moan out from as she started drawing small circles on his shoulder. Sehun pushed himself up, his back still on the lady.

He p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter