Fourteen

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ing bastard,” Yunseong cursed under his breath before pushing himself up.

He threw his fist towards Sehun. The latter, quick enough to avoid it, pushed Yunseong before landing a foot on his thigh. Yunseong stumbled forward but he was agile enough to stop himself from planting his own face on the ground.

With a swift turn, Yunseong faced Sehun and successfully punched the latter on the face. Jinri squeaked in horror when Sehun stumbled backwards.

“ it,” Sehun hissed. His gaze was sharp enough to cut a wood into half. Jinri was scared to do anything. Sehun looked like a different person at the moment. The two continued with their brawl until Sehun got the upper hand. He pinned Yunseong down, grabbing the latter by the collar.

“Are you dating that ?” Yunseong asked, grinning despite his bloody state. He looked like he’s already lost it.

“Watch your mouth,” Sehun warned.

“You’re not? So are you just ing her?” Yunseong laughed. He was out of his mind.

Sehun’s eyes narrowed before he landed another punch on Yunseong’s face. “I told you, don’t talk about her like that.”

Another punch.

And another.

And another.

“Oh Sehun!” Jinri screamed and Sehun halted. Jinri noticed that Sehun looked like he was not aware of what he was doing. His eyes were nowhere from calm when he looked at her. Jinri’s heart was beating erratically in fear. “You’re going to kill him.”

Slowly, Sehun looked down at Yunseong who was barely moving. He let go of Yunseong’s collar before standing. Jinri had her eyes on Sehun when she noticed that the security guard has come to check on what was going on.

“What is going on here?” the middle-aged man asked, as he looked at Sehun then at Jinri.

Jinri couldn’t speak a word. Her head was fuzzy and she was not sure on how she’s supposed to explain everything. She noticed Sehun taking out his wallet from his pocket. He pulled some bills and walked towards the security guard. He grabbed the man’s hand and let him hold the money.

“Take him to a hospital or to a funeral home. You can call the police if you want to. Tell him that if he wants to sue me, then he can do it,” Sehun said in one breath. The security guard just stood there without saying anything. Sehun turned to Jinri before walking towards her.

“Let’s get out of here,” he said as he grabbed her hand. He pulled her behind him and Jinri found herself following him meekly.

Jinri followed Sehun to his car without saying a thing. She sat on the passenger’s seat and watched as Sehun entered the car with a very serious expression. His brows were drawn together and his jaws were clenched. A very deep sigh left his lips as he shut his eyes. He remained unmoving for some more seconds before he held unto the steering wheel.

“Are you okay?” he asked with a soft voice. He slowly lifted his head and turned to her. His expression has softened and looking at him like that was making Jinri emotional.

She diverted her gaze. “Yes.” That was a lie. And she’s sure Sehun knows that. His expression told her so. There was a bit of pause before Sehun started the car.

At the moment, she just wanted to go home. She wanted to sleep and not think of what happened.

 

 

“You don’t have to walk me up to my unit,” Jinri said, glancing at Sehun who was walking beside her. He has insisted on making sure that she gets to her place without getting mugged after what just happened.

Sehun did not say a word and just followed her to the elevator. They remained silent until they reached the 4th floor. “Seriously, you can go now,” Jinri stated when she turned to Sehun. The latter looked like he had no intention to leave her side unless she makes it safe into her unit.

“Don’t mind me,” Sehun replied.

She wanted to insist but his expression made her not to say anything. She led the way to her place and he looked around as if inspecting if there are CCTVs anywhere. Jinri opened the door and looked at him. She stared at him as he checked the door and the knob.

“Does this building have CCTVs on each floor?” he asked out of nowhere.

“Yes. I think so.”

“Does the security guard check the hallways during the night?”

“Yes. He does.”

“Do you change your pass code regularly? You need to do that. Someone might-”

“Sehun.” She held his gaze when he looked at her. “I’m fine. You can go now.”

Sehun pressed his lips together into a thin line. A sigh made it out of his lips before he ran his fingers through his hair. Jinri stared at his right hand. She has noticed it when they were in the car. His knuckles were so red and they looked like they were bleeding.

“I’m just worried,” Sehun muttered as if it was painful for him to admit that.

Jinri never imagined Sehun saying those words and that made her heart leap. She bit her lip before sighing. She opened the door wider. “You know what? Come in.”

She saw how surprise Sehun looked when he heard that. Despite that, he followed her inside without turning down her invitation. Jinri took off her shoes and dragged her heavy body to her small kitchen. She dropped her bag on the floor before proceeding to the bathroom to get her first aid kit.

When she made it back to her living room, she saw Sehun checking the windows. He turned around and stared back at her. “Sit. Let’s clean your hand.” Jinri walked to her sofa and plopped down. She rummaged the contents of her kit after she placed it on the table.

Sehun sat next to her. “Give me your hand,” she said and he obediently did.

“Who is he?” Sehun asked just when she was about to start cleaning his knuckles.

Jinri pursed her lips before pressing the cotton ball with disinfecting medicine on his hand.

“Is he your ex?”

She halted. “No,” she replied in a whisper. As much as possible, she wanted not to discuss anything about Yunseong.

“Then who is he? Do you know him?”

She took a deep breath. “Let’s not talk about him.”

“How can we not talk about him after what he did? How can I not ask when I saw him forcing himself on you?” His tone sounded so strained. He was holding back his anger and frustration.

“He’s just a senior I knew from school,” she answered, giving in to his inquiries. “Now, drop it. Stop asking.” She cleaned his wounds faster. She thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter