Five

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world’s spinning.

The ground’s moving under her bare feet.

The night’s breeze was cold against her skin.

The image of her ex-boyfriend and her lady friend invaded her mind. She blinked and stared at the eerie road ahead of her. She wanted to scream to lessen the pain in her heart but she has no energy to do it.

Instead, a scoff left her lips. A twisted sardonic smirk made it to her face. “He has cravings?” Those words felt like bitter medicine in . “Men.”

She stumbled a couple of times before finally making it to her building. The shock’s too much to bear that her knees were giving up on her every step of the way. 

It took a Herculean effort to get herself inside her unit in one piece. She did not bother turning the lights on. She blindly walked to her couch and plopped down. Blankly, she stared at the wall in front of her.

Weird enough, tears never left her eyes. Maybe even her tear ducts were too shocked to produce tears. She had no energy to cry.

Choi Inho. Those two words will always remind her of how much she’s trusted someone just to get hurt in the end.

She trusted him so much that the pain she was feeling inside couldn’t be explained.

With so much in her mind, she lied on the couch. She curled up, hugging her knees as if trying to comfort herself. Her eyes slowly fluttered, feeling like they got suddenly heavy. And before she knew it, she was off to dreamland.

 

 

Drowning in a sea of strangers, booze and blasting music, Sehun sat still on the bar stool with a cold bottle of beer in his hands. It has been a very long day and he just wanted to let go of everything. Who would’ve thought and imagined that he, Oh Sehun, would be working as an intern in a freaking clothing line company? If his friends knew, they would be laughing their asses off. It just doesn’t go with his character.

His color palette is mostly in the darker side of the spectrum. Glam is just so colorful for him. It’s his fault in the first place. Junmyeon was right. His actions brought him to where he is now.

Thinking of the freedom he should’ve been enjoying half across the globe made him chug his drink empty. He pushed the empty bottle to the side and fished his phone from his pocket. He checked the message his friend just sent.

Pictures of his crew enjoying one of those parties he used to throw in one of the luxurious houses in the well-off side of the City of Angels invaded his screen. The message below the pictures made him smirk.

You’re missing out a lot, bro.

He is indeed missing out a lot of things. He started typing a reply.

off. I still throw the best parties.

That wasn’t really the best reply out there in the world but that would be his best. He started scrolling through the saved pictures in his phone. The grin on his face fell when his screen showed a picture of a smiling pretty girl.

Sehun felt like the air around him became too thin that it made it harder for him to breathe. Those lips. Those twinkling eyes. That cute nose. That cute dimple. Everything about her is perfect.

He was not. He is not. He never will be.

His eyes drifted to the new bottle of beer that the bartender just placed in front of him.

“The lady over there ordered it for you,” the bartender explained, gesturing to the lady on the other side of counter.

Sehun met the lady’s gaze. She smiled, lifting her glass of alcohol before taking a sip from it. Sehun gave her a small nod. He then pocketed his phone and reached for his beer. The cold liquid gave that burning sensation in his system. He needed that.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw the lady standing from her seat. As usual, he did not look at her direction right away. When he sensed that she was just a few steps away from her, he slowly turned to look at her.

“Hi there,” the lady greeted with a ridiculously y voice.

The corner of Sehun’s lips curled up. “Hi.” He just knew it’s going to be a long night.

 

 

Jinri woke up in the living room, curled up like a newly born baby. It took her a few seconds to recollect what happened yesterday. When it all came back to her, the pain she tried shooing away the whole night struck her like lightning.

She bit back the tears as she closed her eyes. Even after trying to erase the picture in her mind, it would come back again and again. The painful feeling of being betrayed took over her and she couldn’t control the tears from flowing anymore.

She’s heard stories about heartbreaks from her friends and she thought they were exaggerating when they said that they felt like their worlds stopped spinning. Now that she’s experienced it, she couldn’t dare say a thing.

Her world stopped spinning. Her world crumbled. And she’s not sure how to make things normal again.

It was a very hard decision for her to entrust her heart to Inho. She had fantasies of having the perfect dates with her future boyfriend when she was way younger. Along the way, things changed. She became scared of it. It was a big deal for her to let herself be touched by him.

It’s pretty obvious that Inho did not understand her.

After an hour of wallowing in a puddle of tears and tissue, Jinri came to her senses and started to get a hold of herself once again. Tears won’t do anything to change what already happened.

So with all the energy left in her, she pushed herself up and headed to the bathroom. A sigh left her lips when she saw her reflection in the mirror. She was the definition of mess. Her eyes were puffy and red. That’s what you get for crying.

She splashed cold water on her face a couple of times before lifting her head to look at her reflection once again. Water droplets were dripping from her fringe. She looked very tired. She looked down at her feet and frowned. They were so dirty.

Then it dawned to her, she walked all the way from Inho’s place to her building. She could only imagine how the people who saw her walking down the sidewalk barefoot reacted.

A sigh left her lips as she roughly pushed her hair back and entered the shower. She let the cold water drench her. She wanted to feel numb. She wanted to feel nothing. She wanted to feel okay again.

 

 

After what felt like an eternity of taking a shower, Jinri started getting herself ready for work. She immediately looked for her phone when she stepped out of the bathroom only to realize that she left her bag in her ex’s place. There’s no way she’d go back to his place to retrieve her bag.

She groaned in frustration when she saw the time. She’s so late. She hurriedly got dressed. She was already sitting in front of her vanity to do her makeup when she noticed how bubbly and bright her outfit was. It does not really mirror her feelings at the moment. She hated the color.

She cried her heart out when she was in the shower and at the moment, all she’s feeling is hatred. She feels wronged in so many ways.

It’s scary how one’s feelings can be twisted.   

So she dragged herself back to her closet and picked a new set of clothes. Being weak after getting cheated on is not an option. That’s what she thought. Yes, she’s hurt but that’s not a reason to wallow in grief. She was mentally preparing herself for the day. Inho made his decision and he obviously left her to satisfy his cravings.

She looked at herself in the mirror.

Signs of the breakup last night were nowhere to be found. Her eyes were twinkling with her new contacts and peach eye shadow. Her cheeks looked sun kissed because of the new blush that she used. And her lips looked attractively plump as usual.

She adjusted her off-shoulder blouse, showing her tattoo. It’s like one of those scenarios in some movies that she had watched before. After a breakup, the girl would undergo a drastic makeover. She would look prettier and more badass than before as if to show the guy what he has missed on cheating on her. That’s the concept she’s going for.

“It’s his lost,” she mumbled before turning to get another bag from her closet.

 

 

A wide-eyed Mina welcomed her when she made her way to their station. “I thought you were not coming in today. I called your phone countless times. Even the intern came on time. What happened to you?” Mina looked at her from head to two, grinning. “You look so badass. Your tattoo is so pretty. I’m in love with your concept today.”

Jinri smiled at the compliment. See? Prettier and more badass. Success. “I just overslept. And thanks for liking my getup.” She put her bag on her chair and then she noticed the shopping bag sitting on the side of her desk. She reached for it and looked inside. It was her bag that she forgot in Inho’s apartment.

“The intern was actually the one who received it. You don’t know how surprised I was to see him here earlier than you,” Mina informed before going back to her table. She continued working with the dummy that she was dressing.

“Where’s the intern by the way?” Jinri asked.

Mina grinned. “He’s in the storage room. Sir Kim told him to organize the stuff there instead of just sitting on your table.”

Sighing, she walked to the storage room whic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter