Six

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri woke up in an unfamiliar room but with a familiar scent. That perfume. She crinkled her nose as she struggled to free her limbs from the blanket that was tangled all over her body. Oh god. She grunted when she tried to sit up. She could feel her head throbbing. She shut her eyes and ran her fingers through her messy hair.

She got off the bed, almost planting her face on the ground in the process. That’s when she noticed that she was still wearing the same clothes that she had last night. Walking to the door, she leaned on the wall to steady herself. Thank the heavens that it’s a non-working day or she wouldn’t be able to walk straight to work.

A sleek looking living room welcomed her eyes when she made it to the end of the hallway. Natural light was giving the whole room the brightness it needed. She could see the Han River through those big glass windows. She plopped on the sofa and held either side of her head. Her headache’s on another level.

“You’re up,” Sehun commented and she looked up.

She’s sober enough to notice how his towel was dangerously hanging around his hips. Chiseled abs. Broad shoulders. Wet hair. A playful grin on his face. She had no energy to roll her eyes at him. He continued drying his hair with the towel draped over his head.

“Enjoying the view?” he asked, still grinning.

“Sure,” she answered before shutting her eyes and dropping her head low. She started massaging her temples. “Han River’s a very good view. Can’t argue with that. As expected from a rich kid.”

He chuckled at how she smoothly diverted the topic through her answer. He concluded that she’s sober enough.

“Do you remember anything from last night?”

“I remember everything but I have no recollection of whatever happened here.” She grimaced before looking at him. “Did I do anything stupid?”

Sehun paused for some seconds, deciding if he’s supposed to tell her that she told him the reason why she and Inho broke up. He shrugged nonchalantly before walking to the kitchen to make some coffee. “Throwing up a whole lot of crap is normal when one’s wasted so I don’t think that’s stupid.”

Jinri grunted. She always hated making a mess, especially in someone’s house. She couldn’t believe she let herself get that wasted when she hated other people doing it. She was sure she smelled like crap. She took a sniff of her clothes. She was right.

“You can take a bath. I don’t mind.”

Sehun’s suggestion made her look at him as if he was an alien. He was rummaging the contents of his refrigerator at the moment. He took out some ingredients and she raised a brow, asking herself if he’s actually thinking of cooking. She doesn’t really take him as someone who cooks.

“Or you can go home smelling like vomit,” Sehun added when he noticed that she was just staring at him.

That made her reconsider.

“You can use the bathroom right there,” he said, pointing at the door on the hallway. He then made his way to his room to get changed. A familiar cloud like poodle came running to the living room. Vivi stopped on his tracks and stared at Jinri before barking at her.

“Nice to meet you too,” Jinri muttered before shaking her head. Her headache’s still not being cooperative. Vivi went back running to where he came from. Jinri thought maybe her scent’s too revolting to ignore.

She stood and was about to go to the bathroom when Sehun got out of his room. He was wearing a plain white shirt and black sweatpants. His look gave off a homey feeling. “Here, drink this,” he said, offering her a headache medicine.

She accepted it with a soft ‘thanks’ and proceeded to his kitchen to drink it. Without sparing more time, she entered the bathroom. She frowned when she saw her reflection on the mirror. Her hair was like a bird’s nest. Her lipstick was barely visible and her eyeliner was smudged. She looked like a panda after a wild party. She took off her clothes and stepped into the shower.

She let the cold water wash every trace from last night. What happened last night felt so surreal. She would be lying if she says that she’s not feeling a bit uncomfortable with Sehun around. She shook her head, shooing the memory of him dancing with her.

It was the alcohol in her system that messed up with her rationality to let herself be that close to him. Thinking of it now with a sober state, she couldn’t help but frown at how his hands held her. She was sure that he had held her like how he held countless ladies before.

But she couldn’t solely put the blame on him. She was the one who was rash. She let her stupid emotions cloud her thinking. She was the one who made her pain as motivation for revenge. She thought she wouldn’t stoop that low. Emotion is such a powerful thing. And look where that left her. It did more damage than good.

She made herself look like a person she’s not.

A knock on the door made her snap from her musing. “I’m leaving the clothes here,” Sehun said. 

“O-Okay. Thanks.” Those two words sounded so soft and she wondered if he heard her. It took her a couple more minutes to finish taking a bath. She felt so fresh after it. She quickly changed into the clothes that Sehun left. She looked at herself on the mirror.

His shirt and pants were too loose on her. She had to pull the strings of the pants to their full potential to stop it from falling. Over all, his clothes felt like a blanket covering her body. It actually felt comfortable.

When she made it to the kitchen, she saw Sehun setting the table for two. He looked at her and smiled. “Now don’t you look lovely,” he commented. “You look like a kid who stole clothes from her father’s closet.” He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes before she meekly approached the table. “Sit,” he said, placing a steaming bowl of soup on the table. For a guy who looked like he knew nothing but chasing after girls, he could make a decent meal. The food in front of her actually looked edible. She pulled a chair and sat on it.

“I didn’t know you can cook,” she finally said. He just smiled as he sat on the opposite side.

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me, sunshine.”

He used that nickname again and she was itching to ask him to stop doing that. They started eating and to her surprise, the food tasted better than she expected. She noticed that he was staring. She was not sure if it was because he was expecting for any compliment for his cooking skills or because she looked like Mona Lisa because of her almost non-existent eyebrows.

“Why?” she finally asked in irritation.

Sehun blinked innocently. “Nothing.”

“You were staring. Why? Is it your first time seeing a girl without makeup?” She did not mind being that close to Sehun without wearing makeup. She does not care if he sees her pores, her acne or whatever dark spots he could see on her face. It’s not like she’s trying to impress him. Besides, he saw the worst she could be last night.

“You’re not wearing makeup?” he asked, faking a shocked expression. “You look pretty nonetheless.”

She huffed in frustration before picking up a side dish and shoving it inside . There’s just no knowing when he will strike with those flirty comments. Just when she thought he could be a normal guy, he decided to smash that thought.

“How’s the food though?” he asked after a while.

“Bearable,” she lied.

“Good to know. I thought it would taste a bit weird since I used some expired ingredients.”

“W-What?” She croaked, feeling her stomach flip. He stared at her as if she was one weird lady before throwing his head back into fits of laughter.

“Oh god, you’re so gullible.”

“That’s not funny!” she stated, shooting him a deadly glare. “Do you know how many bacteria are living in expired products?”

“It was a joke. Geez. Do you think I’d use them for my own food?” Sehun was still grinning.

Jinri shook her head and started coughing. Some rice grains might’ve made it to the wrong pipe. Sehun quickly poured her a glass of water. She immediately drank it.

“I’m so never eating anything that you will cook in future,” she mumbled before staring at her food, still wondering if Sehun’s just really joking.

“That’s fine,” he commented. “We can just eat whatever you will cook. I’m always ready to have a taste.”

 

 

Jinri went back to her old self after letting herself go for some days. She went back to wearing those dresses that fitted her image more. Her officemates, who were with them at the club that night, commented on how she and Sehun looked to have grown closer to each other. Mina, who witnessed, what happened in the dance floor couldn’t stop asking if she’s grown fond of Sehun. Jinri replied on the negative. Eventually, after some more convincing, Mina accepted her answer an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter