One

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A scowl was written all over Sehun’s face as soon as he stepped out of the plane. He was sending death glares to everyone he’s meeting but he’s sure they’re not aware of it because he’s wearing his sunglasses. He swore he would enjoy summer in LA with some lady company but his father decided he’s not entitled to that.

He wanted to bolt away from the airport, hi-jack a plane and have his freedom back.

But he knew it was too late when he saw a man smiling brightly and waving at him at the opposite side of the airport. A very big placard contained his name. Sehun grimaced and he started walking to the other direction, pulling his suitcase behind him.

“Hey, wait up!”

He walked faster. He was thinking of running but he came to an abrupt stop when 4 giant-looking men in suits barricaded his way.

“I said wait up. Why are you always in a hurry?”

Sehun turned to Junmyeon who was signaling the men in suits to step back a bit. Junmyeon smirked and Sehun couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

“Come on, no hug from my favorite cousin?” Junmyeon asked, opening his arms for Sehun. The latter shook his head and continued walking.

Junmyeon sighed. “You know, in this city, you need money to go to places. Or you could walk. That’s also an option.”

Sehun grunted in frustration. He forgot that all his cards got suspended.

“You also need money to eat. Or you can fast. That’s not my problem. I’m just here as an emissary. So it’s up to you to-”

“Then by all means, lead the way,” Sehun cut him off. He already took off his sunglasses, not hiding the glare that he’s throwing towards Junmyeon. The latter smiled, knowing that he won. With the four men in suits, they walked out of the airport and straight to the car waiting for them.

“Welcome back, young master,” the driver said when Sehun took his seat.

Junmyeon watched how Sehun frowned. Young master. He knew how Sehun hated being called that. He said he sounded like he’s some kind of wimpy prince.

“Excited to be back?” Junmyeon asked, pressing the topic that Sehun despised. He just wanted to mess up with him, that’s all.

“Very,” Sehun spat sarcastically, looking outside. He looked like a grumpy kid. Well, he’s still a kid in Junmyeon’s eyes. He just got taller and bigger in build but he’s still a kid.

“You’re going to stay the night in our house.”

Sehun turned to him right away. “Seriously? Just book a hotel room.”

“Your father’s instructions.”

“,” Sehun cursed under his breath.

“Hey, language. I don’t want you cursing in my house. My kid’s going to hear it.”

“The little monster barely understands anything.”

“I don’t care. I don’t want you cursing.”

Sehun’s eyes narrowed. “ you.”

Junmyeon scoffed. “No thanks. I have a beautiful wife to do that with.”

Sehun grunted, moving his body so he had his back on Junmyeon. He stuffed his ears with his earphones and acted like nobody’s around. Junmyeon just smirked. The coming days will be peaceful. Note the sarcasm there.

 

 

Jinri couldn’t stop fiddling with her bag’s strap. A smile played on her lips as she stared up at the monitor. 8th floor. The elevator’s door opened and she stepped out. She’s been in that exact floor for the last 3 months but this day is just extra special. She stood in front of the glass door and it opened, revealing the familiar hustle and bustle inside.

“Jinri, hi there. You’re early,” Jaehyun greeted, waving his hand at her when he noticed her presence. His hair was dyed pink this time. It made him look like a human peach.

“I’m just too excited to stay at home and wait for the clock to hit 10,” she replied, making her way towards him. She’s been an intern in Glam for the last 3 months so she’s pretty acquainted with everybody. They’re all approachable and likeable in the first place.

“I won’t blame you for that. Getting hired right after internship is pretty amazing,” Nayeon, the head of the Design Team, commented. She gave Jinri a sweet smile as she settled on the table where she and Jaehyun were sitting.

Jinri took a deep breath, looking around in excitement. To be part of Glam is like a dream come true. She’s been a fan of the owner, Lee Minjung, for like forever. From the time that she saw Minjung’s works at her school, Seoul University, she fell for her and her for style. So when she learned that she’s the owner of Glam, Jinri made it her goal to work with Minjung. Her internship was like a preview of what will happen to her in the future and she’s pleased with everything.

Unlike other people who treat their interns like slaves who fetch coffee and food for their employees, Minjung gave her interns the opportunity to participate in the designing and production of the clothes there. She had fun during the internship and among 5 interns, she’s the one who was hired for the position.

There were talks about her getting hired among the interns. They were saying that she got hired because her brother, Kim Jongin, is dating Lee Minjung. She did not let that get to her. She trusts her skills and the other designers evaluated her performance too. It’s not only Minjung who decided on her own. Besides, the boss is not that partial when it comes to work related stuff.

She looked around, trying to spot the boss. She looked at the desk where her brother used to be stationed before he decided to resign and start his own small business with a college friend turned partner. He’s currently managing a restaurant they put up not too long ago. Her brother suddenly discovered his passion for cooking and he decided to follow it.

She stood right away when she saw Minjung getting out of her office. The boss looked at their direction and smiled. “Good morning, everyone. We’ll have a meeting in 1o minutes. Jinri, join us.”

Jinri nodded giddily. It’s the first meeting she’s attending as a fully fledged employee and she’s just excited to start.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter