❀ 8 | pretty boys

pretty boy 。❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter moodboard made by me exclusively for this story *:.✧。* pls don't steal

 

Taehyung spent the next few days under close and constant observation by someone older and more responsible than him. Of course, the latter clause was not exactly a hard and fast provision, seeing as the older guys of their group were the same ones who have irresponsibly motivated the entire incident in the first place when they suggested they all go out for drinks. Management was quick to charge Taehyung to a few days of sobriety simply because they couldn't have him belligerently drunk and in love out in public like that. Despite its despotic nature, Taehyung had no reluctance in conforming with such decision. It was alcohol that brought him into this mess: from the first night out in LA when he met Min Jung, up to the other night when he basically spilled his guts out (literally and figuratively). He would swore off the devil's juice forever if he could. It has brought nothing but trouble to him. 

Was Min Jung even worth the trouble? 

He took the liberty of borrowing one of Hoseok's meditation books, teaching himself to reflect on the events which had let to his great drunken demise. If there was one thing Taehyung hated, it was being alone in his thoughts. As a hardworking idol, his self-critical nature was dangerous as he ruminated on every memory associated with Min Jung. He couldn't admit he had feelings for the girl, simply because he was an to her. The logic in this conclusion was lacking, but Taehyung felt like that must be the case. Jerks don't treat people they care about like that. This, of course, spiraled into more reproachful thoughts against himself: what an he's been to not only her, but also his own group members. Taehyung shook his head and shot out of his bed. The longer he stayed in bed with his thoughts, the more likely he would blow his top off. 

Entering the dining area of the dorm, Taehyung saw the group's oldest member and leader, Namjoon, perusing an article in his laptop. He was having a light breakfast of rice and left over kimchi stew with coffee brewing from the kitchen.

"Good morning, parental figure of the household," Taehyung said, joining his hyung at the dining table.

Namjoon didn't look up from his laptop. "Good morning, problem child from the seven circles of hell."

That was a biting remark but Taehyung had to admit that was true: he had been kind of the thorn at everyone's side lately. 

"What are you doing today, hyung?"

"Not sure." A beat. Namjoon finally looked up at the boy. Jeez, this kid is looking worse and worse. "Do you want to hang out? We can go to a spa."

Taehyung made a face. "Why would we go to a spa?"

"Because you look like ."

Taehyung coughed. If there was one thing to be commended about the group's leader, it was his direct remarks. After almost 8 years with him, Taehyung still had to get used to this brazen approach. However, he also couldn't argue with Namjoon. He was right to call him out on looking like he was run over 3 times by a sixteen-wheeler truck, but that was because he had gotten so little sleep lately. It took a lot of makeup application from the coordi-noonas to make him look like the beautiful boy the fans were seeking every time they were on tv. A day spent at the spa probably wasn't a bad idea. 

As long as Namjoon was paying. 

 

 

Not that he was counting or anything, but Namjoon watched as Taehyung popped his 24th piece of gimbap into his mouth. While a feat itself, however, it was not to overshadow Taehyung's existing record of consuming 35 pieces in under 15 minutes. Despite his delicate frame, the amount that Taehyung could eat in one sitting should be recorded in history books. Of course, spending almost an hour sweating out their toxins in the sauna at the jjimjilbang would definitely make the boy hungry.

"As I was saying." Namjoon had to get his word out before Taehyung could reach for another piece of gimbap. The older boy was now fighting against food for Taehyung's attention. "You're a romantic, TaeTae. I can see that, the guys can see that, Bang PD can see that."

Taehyung stopped chewing, but he waited for Namjoon to continue.

"So this," Namjoon waved his hand around in a circle in the space between him and Taehyung, gesturing to the younger boy's entire essence, "Whatever this is, has got to stop."

The scene is comical in that what Namjoon is/was referring to was the new concept Taehyung had adopted. No one really asked for it (except Namjoon could see how their choreographers' pep talk could have incited this), but he took it and ran with it, making it encompass not only his stage presence but also his lifestyle. However, as he was trying to refer to the new concept – the one where Taehyung spends the money, drives the nice cars, gets the girls (or, in this case, the one girl) – all he could see in front of him was the cute, boyish charm exuding from the Taehyung he and his fellow group members have grown to know (and eventually love). The boy at this now-moment contradicted the point he was trying to make. The towel folded to imitate a lamb's head that sat on top of Taehyung's head, accentuating his wide, child-like eyes, didn't help his case either.

Taehyung blinked at his hyung, not exactly sure what to say, but he was also too busy swallowing his food to even say anything at all. 

"Well, here's the thing," Namjoon continued. "I did some research –"

"Great," Taehyung finally said, rolling his eyes. Namjoon's impressive IQ always seemed to show itself off, solicited or not.

"Not that kind of research," Namjoon replied, returning the boy's sass. "I was actually looking up your girlfriend."

Taehyung looked on with horror. "Wh- why?"

He felt his privacy was being violated by his nosy hyungdeul but also she wasn’t his girlfriend. He didn’t know what she was to him anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter