❀ 5 | pretty spontaneous

pretty boy 。❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter was inspired by this moodboard/collage I found online. 

 

I did two things on the whim today after dance practice. And I have a new thing to blame in case I couldn't blame alcohol anymore.

We were practicing our new choreography for our comeback stage when our choreographer hyungdeul gave us a pep talk regarding our "persona".

"You need to feel cool," one of them told us. "You can't just look the part." 

Another one of them spoke up: "Just imagine something that takes you up a level. Be it being in a nice sports car, blowing cash on expensive you probably don't need, or even sleeping with girls."

I had to hold in my gasp when he said that. No one else in our group reacted to his statement – not even Jimin or Jungkook of whom I assumed would share the scandalized sentiment. Namjoon-hyung, Hoseok-hyung, Jin-hyung, and Yoongi-hyung were all listening intently. I'm sure with them being older and more experienced, they knew what our choreographer was talking about. They probably spent tons of money or seduced tons of girls.

I only slept with one girl. 

The choreographer continued, "MIC DROP is about your status. You have to feel like nothing can stop you now that you are at the top. You have accomplished everything. You got the money, you drive the nice cars, you attract hot women. That's the mentality you want to manifest in your performance." 

He need not say more. I don't drive a nice car (heck, I don't even own one), I probably have spent about 500,000 won in the last two months – which is a lot for me, but apparently not so for other people. And I slept with one girl. I guess you can say I kinda/sorta/probably have lived out that mentality.

I could just think about Min Jung when we perform MIC DROP and DNA. I'll pretend she's watching every one of our performances and make sure I exude the type of persona our choreographers and Big Hit PD wants us to have.

Anyway, all that pep talk during dance practice influenced me to spontaneously do two things:

I bought a car. Now, it wasn't a McLaren, which was more of my suit. It was just an Audi A6. I took my bike to the nearest dealership and being in Gangnam-gu, the nearest dealership was a German car dealership. I was buzzing with energy and didn't really want to go through an hour or so of salesmen talking me into buying so-and-so model. I just want a nice car – a fast car – so I can go. I laid my eyes on a sleek, black Audi sedan and told the salesman I wanted it. I practically zoomed through the paperwork as I felt the itch to sit behind the wheel. My energy really was correlated to the next thing I did, which was –  I drove said car to Min Jung's place unprovoked. Ok, well, slightly provoked. I guess I should say uninvited instead. I drove my newly purchased car to Min Jung's place uninvited. The pep talk our choreographers gave us and trying to embody that mentality during practice drove me (no pun intended) to Min Jung's. I was dying to see her again; I was dying to touch her. 

Ok. Yeah, I was . And I could blame dancing for that.

dlxoa0818 Hey, I think I'm outside your place.

I know I was at the right place, since I remember her telling me briefly what the name of the condo towers where she and her parents lived. But I feel like saying something like, "I think," would have lessen the stalkerish character of this entire situation. Besides, it was easy to find the towers. It was one of the nicer ones in the vicinity.

It didn't take too long for her to reply back.

kminjung9411 What do you mean?

dlxoa0818 Just come outside to the visitor's parking deck. 

Sitting inside my car, I sent her a picture of the parking deck as evidence.

kminjung9411 ????????

I didn't know how to respond to that. Does she not know what the visitor's parking deck of her condominium towers look like? Well, I guess no, considering she probably goes through the residents' parking deck. Before I could reply, the Call feature on our Kaokaotalk App lit up. 

She was calling me! I almost dropped my phone due to the excitement and/or anticipation of hearing her voice again. 

"Hey," She spoke up first as soon as I answered. Her voice was so cute.

"Hi," was all I could utter. "Hi," I repeated, like an idiot.

"Why are you outside my building?" She asked me. 

"I – "

"How did you get here?? Does your management know where you are?"

Whoa. I admit, I didn't think this through. But I wasn't expecting her to sound so naggy right now. A part of me fell, thinking she wasn't too pleased to see me. 

"I – I," I could only stutter. Her questioning put me in an awkward and even ashamed position. It's not too late to zip out of here in my new, fast car. 

"I just don't want you to get in trouble," she continued. "I"m actually surprised you remember where I live." 

Min Jung's voice was a lot less worried now, and that was making me feel a tiny bit better. 

"No one knows I'm here," I told her. From the other end, I swore I could have heard her breathe out a sigh of relief. I thought that was odd, but the entire situation - me appearing outside her home unsolicited - was an odd thing in and of itself.  

"I don't see you," she then said. My heart lifted, along with every other organ inside my body. 

"I'm in my car," I said shakily thanks to my excitement to see her again. 

"You have a car?" 

I could see Min Jung standing at the doors of the of visitor parking deck. She was on her phone, looking around. 

Oh, right. She doesn't even know I had a car, let alone what it looks like.

I slipped out of my car, phone still in my ear. "I'm here."

The way her face lit up as soon as her eyes met mine: that could have made my life forever. I could just die right here a happy man, with a nice foreign car and an amazing girl in my midsts. 

Min Jung walked – no, ran – towards me and my heart was on the verge of breaking through my ribcage from beating so rapidly. She threw her arms around me and her scent of flowers and shampoo filled my senses as I held her. 

"I've missed you," she said so suddenly. I stiffened up and she let go of our hug. Her face turned red so quickly. She was so adorable, but I was elated with how embarrassed she was at that moment.

Not to sound sadistic or anything, but the last couple of days with her not returning my text was worth seeing her in this state. She said she missed me! I could have been overthinking when I thought she wanted nothing to do with me, but clearly it didn't seem to be the case. I was relieved. 

"You drove here?" She asked me, her eyes widening at the sight of my new car. "I didn't even know you owned a car. Or a driver's license

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter